Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Should the Vikings trade Peterson this off-season?
No, he's the face of the franchise 19 43.18%
Yes but only if they get a #1 6 13.64%
Yes but only if they get a #1 AND any additional stuff 19 43.18%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Adrian Peterson: Should the Vikings deal him or not?

Was having a great discussion today with a knowledgeable (and older) Viking fan, about Frazier and Spielman and the overall state of affairs for the Vikings.

He thinks Spielman is far more to blame than Leslie Frazier.

I also have a good friend in Nashville who has wanted Frazier out since before he was hired, this a friend who has NFL contacts and knows players, and who wanted the Vikings to draft DeMarcus Ware and Roddy White in the 2005 draft instead of Troy Williamson and Erasmus James as they took instead. Just saying that because he was right, and is pretty smart usually. I feel his pain. He hated Williamson at that combine, dropping simple passes.

Got us talking about the current Viking QBs, the future Viking QB, and Adrian Peterson.

One thing we both agreed on was that the Vikings should most definitely trade Adrian Peterson because they would definitely get at least a #1 pick for him, and then some (who knows what....what's your guess?).

They clearly are rebuilding, and with last year's trio of #1 picks and a good pair of young OT's, they have some nice pieces to get better pretty soon.

What team should trade for AD before next year?
He's clearly special.
But are RB's that important? I guess they are, if you look at Kansas City. And Philly.

Also, how much could/would the Vikings get for Adrian?

MJD and Run DMC will also change teams this off-season, but I don't see that affecting Peterson's trade value.

Teams I think might trade for him:

Arizona, Cleveland, Indianapolis (just kidding Trent Richardson fans), NY Giants, Washington.

A) Do you agree the Vikings SHOULD deal AD, if they at least get a #1 for him?
B) What teams might go after him?
C) Do you think no team would give a #1 for him all things considered?

Curious as to the non-Viking opinion on these matters.
Well, Viking fans too, as I think their opinions vary.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of "rebuilding" phases. I understand some franchises just have to do it, and Minnesota might be in that position. However I also think Minnesota has enough pieces to do something similar to what the 49ers did when harbaugh came in.

Remember, San Francisco didn't make a ton of sweeping changes to the roster. They drafted talented players and let them fill roles, but they didn't start blowing up the roster and trading away Gore or Willis or any other key players.

I wouldn't trade AP - I would find a coach you believe can build on top of the current roster. Get someone who has a plan to win now - even if part of the plan is drafting a young QB (We've seen young QB's make the play offs the last 5 or 6 years, it wouldn't be a complete surprise to see a rookie do it again next year).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they could get a king's ransom for him and they should do it. He'll be 29 next season (29? I just looked it up. That doesn't seem right. Time flies.) and I don't think they can ramp up to being a championship caliber team while he's still effective. I'd love to see him end his career like Corey Dillon, where he goes to a championship team and has a couple of good seasons.

Trading AD would probably be a PR nightmare, though, so I don't know if the Vikings would be willing to do it.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...ew-york-giants
Old 01-01-2014, 08:15 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He hits the 30 wall in a little over a year from now. They should try to trade him after next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

There are a lot of people who think the RB position is not valued that much anymore.
I am about 90% a believe in that, after seeing such greatness from Peterson, before him LaDanian, before him Priest Holmes.... it's really the best QBs and best defenses who win titles.
And titles should be the goal.

As great as Peterson has been, and LT was, MJD for a few years, Steven Jackson for a long time, it's almost impossible for a RB to lead a team to a title.
They need great QB play, and/or a good-great defense.

I am positive they should.
I just have a hard time finding the team who should do it for him.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The following post is only for (poorly done) comedic purposes.

Yes, but only if they could do, like a package deal, where they trade everyone. I mean their entire team. To another team. For that team's entire team. Now, hear me out, this could be done, trade the Minnesota Vikings for....... the Atlanta Falcons. Now wait, now wait, just listen. Think of the jersey sales. Everyone on those teams would have to buy the jerseys of the other teams old players.

That'd make millions.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smart move is to trade him, but I air on the sentimental side of this one.

Not a lot of teams are going to lineup to give you much for him, anyway. He's going to be 29 and still has $56m left on his deal. I could maybe see the Jets biting if they plan on sticking with Geno since they don't have big money tied up in a franchise QB. But what are you going to give up to get him? As someone who wouldn't trade for him, I can't even begin to say what I'd trade for the guy.

Last edited by nepg : 01-01-2014 at 08:25 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:25 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson is this generation's Barry Sanders in more ways than one.

Sanders and Peterson:

Career Yards Per Game:
Sanders 99.8
Peterson 98.2

Career Yards Per Carry:
Sanders 4.99
Peterson 4.98

College:
Sanders - Oklahoma State
Peterson - Oklahoma

NFL Division:
Sanders - NFC Central
Peterson - NFC North (the old NFC Central)

Quarterbacks:
Sanders - sucked apart from one great year of Mitchell
Peterson - sucked apart from one great year of Favre

Best Season:
Sanders - 2,053 in 1997 (2nd to Dickerson at the time)
Peterson - 2,097 in 2012 (2nd to Dickerson)

Career Playoff Wins:
Sanders - 1
Peterson - 1

Rushing Yards in First 7 seasons:
Sanders - 10,160
Peterson - 10,115

Greatest RB of his generation:
Sanders - Yes
Peterson - Yes

Adrian Peterson is arguably the best player in the NFL. And he is not likely to get anywhere near the Super Bowl unless the Vikings find a quarterback who keeps defenses from stuffing eight in the box. That adds pressure on the entire franchise, especially on the quarterback.

Peterson is 28, and he's already escaped one career-threatening injury. There's a growing chance he'll never appear on the sport's grandest stage. Sadly, some of the best running backs in recent history have faced the same fate.

LaDainian Tomlinson never appeared in a Super Bowl, despite being one of the sport's greatest all-time scorers. His San Diego Chargers went to the playoffs in five of his seasons, but lost in their first game in three of them. Eric Dickerson's Rams won only two playoff games, and lost the two ensuing games by a cumulative score of 75-7. Barry Sanders, who Peterson has called the greatest ever, rushed the Detroit Lions into the playoffs in five seasons Ė the glory years by today's standards Ė and had only one victory to show for it.

You only need to look at Emmitt Smith's Cowboys to see what's possible with the right pieces around a Hall of Fame running back, yet some of the greatest rushers never had those pieces. Dickerson's quarterback in 1984, when he set the rushing record, was Jeff Kemp. The following year, when the Rams won a playoff game, it was Dieter Brock. Sanders had a combination of Rodney Peete, Erik Kramer, Scott Mitchell and Charlie Batch. Tomlinson had a young Drew Brees, and then watched him win a Super Bowl in New Orleans.

Improbably, Peterson is in the running to have the worst playoff luck of them all. He has appeared in only four playoff games and won one, with Brett Favre handing off to him in 2009. So the urgency is there not only for Vikings fans, who want to see a winner, but for all football fans, who want to see Peterson in a spot where defenses are perpetually compromised. Some of Sanders' best runs came when everyone in the building knew he was getting the ball, and still he found slivers that became holes that became long gallops. Likewise with Peterson, who got the ball in the first play from scrimmage this season, in what was likely the most obvious play call in football history, and he still took it the distance.

Lions fans resented Sanders for retiring after 10 years, yet over time the anger turned to sadness and loss. There is the longing not only to see Sanders in his prime, but also to see what he might have been with more help. The Lions are a different team with Reggie Bush, as they were with Jahvid Best, and it's almost too difficult to wonder what Sanders would have been like with Matthew Stafford as his quarterback and Calvin Johnson set out wide.

There is deep appreciation for Peterson, as there was for Sanders, yet there is already the wonder at what could be. Three of the eight greatest players who never made a Super Bowl (according to NFL.com) are running backs, and it's easy to fear Peterson could be the fourth.

It's also easy to fear Peterson's career, whenever it's over, will elicit a tinge of regret to go with all that awe. Peterson is running into history, but he's also running into repeating history. At least he's not alone.

yahoo.com

"Me going out on that field tonight and me looking at Adrian Petersonís eyes, itís something that I want to bring up that I donít want to see happen to this young kid. Because we saw it happen to a great one one time before, which was Barry Sanders.

If he keeps going down this road, heís going to have to make a business decision just like Barry Sanders made a while ago. He plays the game with so much passion and so much love, and he plays it so hard Ö and to do him like that, to surround him with a team like that Ö I donít like to see great people go through things like that."

Ray Lewis on Peterson.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...hB-ysxTTlHjszA

boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Initially I thought, "No," but after thinking about if for a bit, I'd really like to see Peterson play for a contender while he's still himself.
Caulibflower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Packer fan who grew up in Michigan and loved Barry Sanders, and who also loves AD, and I'm pretty sure that somebody in the other room was cutting onions when I was reading boknows34's post.

I don't know what team might make a move for him, or if the Vikings can get their act together in time, but it'd be a damn shame if AD never gets to play for another contender.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless you get a 1st round pick that you are sure will give you a star caliber player, you don't trade him. No draft pick can make that kind of impact. The value simply isn't there and I want him there with a new rookie QB too.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:15 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

I think a contender would definitely give a first round pick for AD. Some teams would be stupid not to. For some teams, he'd put them over the top. He'd make them terrifying, even if it was only for a year or two.

The contract might be an issue, but any GM worth salt would be able to make it work.

Last edited by WCH : 01-01-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes they probably should even though it would be very weird to see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Denver traded for Peterson....

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Smart move is to trade him, but I air on the sentimental side of this one.
Not correcting you to be some sort of asshole or anything, just hoping it might help in the future - the phrade is "err on the side of caution" - and I think by air you meant err. Again I'm not trying to be an asshole that just corrects people on the internet lol.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would give up a 1st round selection for Adrian Peterson. He will be 29 going into next season. He'll start going downhill soon. If you can get 4 good years out of him, maybe. You can find good runningbacks in the draft though. Finding the next Peterson will be close to impossible, but you can get a decent starter that can fit your team/system.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-01-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:17 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I'm not a fan of "rebuilding" phases. I understand some franchises just have to do it, and Minnesota might be in that position. However I also think Minnesota has enough pieces to do something similar to what the 49ers did when harbaugh came in.

Remember, San Francisco didn't make a ton of sweeping changes to the roster. They drafted talented players and let them fill roles, but they didn't start blowing up the roster and trading away Gore or Willis or any other key players.
I don't know the Vikes current roster much but that is a decent hypothetical parallel to draw.

The big maybe with how you find a QB. What would you say the chance is to find him? 25% 33% 50%

The non-maybe. Is the cap # of Adrian Peterson compared to Frank Gore.
AP is 2X+ the cap burden compared to Gore.

A free $8,000,000 allowed the 49ers to try and rebuild on the fly.

Donte Whitner
Jonathan Goodwin
Braylon Edwards
Carlos Rogers

A RB making QB money and the 49res don't have 2 or 3 of those guys on the team in 2011.

The smart move is to trade Adrian Peterson now.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I don't think anyone in their right mind would give up a 1st round selection for Adrian Peterson. He will be 29 going into next season. He'll start going downhill soon. If you can get 4 good years out of him, maybe. You can find good runningbacks in the draft though. Finding the next Peterson will be close to impossible, but you can get a decent starter that can fit your team/system.
If spending a first round pick gets you to the Super Bowl, you do it, even if it's only one year. First round picks are no sure thing as it is. He's still easily worth a first.
Caulibflower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a business POV, trading Peterson will make selling tickets for playing in a college stadium much harder. I think this will cause ownership to nix any talk of trading him.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you explore it, but not sure teams will want to give up too much.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:15 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
From a business POV, trading Peterson will make selling tickets for playing in a college stadium much harder. I think this will cause ownership to nix any talk of trading him.
National TV contract money makes it not matter. And you could easily save millions on an extra rookie or 2 on the roster compared to AP.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:10 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
They already got their new stadium deal done.
There's no better time than now to do it if they can get some value for him.

This isn't an easy decision to make for them, but they usually take the easy way out there. It's time for Minnesota to make the wise, albeit difficult decision, IMO.

Here's where I need help though: If this was to happen, what teams can you see being that team who does it?

Someone mentioned the Jets. I can see that for a few reasons, one being Rex Ryan wanting to go all-in now as he doesn't have many lives left. His passing game sucks with those horrible receivers, but adding #28 could help the passing game as much as adding a 1st round WR could.

That might be the leading candidate.

The Raiders aren't contenders, but what about them? McFadden is out as he's brittle and contract is up.

Ben Tate is done in Houston. Is Arian Foster coming back? What was his injury? Backs can be a bad thing......

What about Arizona or the Giants?
David Wilson might be done too with the neck.
Arizona, you think Larry Fitzgerald and Carson Palmer would like adding the beast at RB? They were damn good with mediocre RB's this year. Imagine Peterson.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should, but they won't because...

1) They won't get more than a second rounder for him, and for good reason

2) They badly need him to sell tickets in the new stadium

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:27 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spielman's job is on the line, he doesn't have the incentive to make a long term move like this. He's not getting traded.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote