Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What Happened?
The Chiefs (Andy Reid) choked. 7 14.89%
The Colts made an amazing comeback, all credit to them. 9 19.15%
The Chiefs injuries played a pivitol part in the game. 7 14.89%
All are equally what happened 24 51.06%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2014, 05:18 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Did the Chiefs choke, or did the Colts make an amazing comeback? Or a little of both?

I've been curious now that everyone is past their initial reaction and has had time to think it over, which one people think happened.

Did the Chiefs choke?

Did the Colts make an amazing comeback?

Did the Chiefs injuries cost them the game, or is that just an excuse?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Chiefs defense cost them the game. I don't think the entire team choked though. The offense put up a ton of points while losing their two starting runninbacks. It was quite remarkable really. Sure they should have kept the pedal down, but at the same time 44 points should be enough to win the game 99% of the time. It's also an incredible comeback by the Colts. I honestly thought it was curtains for them when the lead was 28 points up.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of the above, but I don't think it was on Reid. It was on Sutton and his inability to adjust his defense based on what was happening.

The injuries sure as **** didn't help. Losing Charles, Flowers, Houston, and Avery? Bleh. And to then lose your second string back who was having a pretty good day?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
All of the above, but I don't think it was on Reid. It was on Sutton and his inability to adjust his defense based on what was happening.

The injuries sure as **** didn't help. Losing Charles, Flowers, Houston, and Avery? Bleh. And to then lose your second string back who was having a pretty good day?
I agree, I think Reid basically did all he could. But given the injuries and the defense not adjusting, it was just a bad scenario.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
It's also an incredible comeback by the Colts. I honestly thought it was curtains for them when the lead was 28 points up.
I don't think anything can be taken away from the Colts with how they put up so many points in so little time, it was really a remarkable feat in itself. But had Charles, or even Davis not been injured (not to mention the others) I don't think it would have happened.

I guess you could just say the Colts made the most of the circumstances and came away with the win, but I still don't think that warrants saying the Colts caused the game to go that way (which I understand is not what you were saying, just wanted to address your comment before I went on with my own opinion)
Old 01-08-2014, 06:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a perfect storm of circumstances, but I think ultimately the Colts took advantage of it and grabbed the victory. The offense put up points In a hurry and the defense held the Chiefs offense. I just think the Colts seized the opportunity more than the Chiefs giving the game away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isn't 'injuries' spelled with a Z?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
isn't 'injuries' spelled with a Z?
i actually think its more like a lot of z's... Kinda like the spelling of Jordyzzzzzzzz
Old 01-08-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
i actually think its more like a lot of z's... Kinda like the spelling of Jordyzzzzzzzz
Intriguing discussion. Jordyzzzz was Jordyzzzzz even before he was a Packer. did he bring the injuriezzzzzz with him?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You absolutely cannot take anything away from the Colts, and you can't use injuries(z) as an excuse, it was just piled on top of the **** heap as it were.

The Colts wanted it more. They proved why they're a perennial playoff team and the Chiefs are not. They're a contending team and the Chiefs are one of those teams that makes it every once in a while but is never a serious threat.

Sucks, but thems the breaks.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did somebodyz say injuriezzzzzzz?

You know what, injuriezzzzz don't always even out. They might, over a 20-year period of time generally-speaking.

But they don't in a game or a season or even a few years period of time.

Colts were already missing Reggie Wayne and their #1 RB though.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Intriguing discussion. Jordyzzzz was Jordyzzzzz even before he was a Packer. did he bring the injuriezzzzzz with him?
Being from Kansas and a Kansas State fan, I can verify he was always "Jordy" to us. I am not sure when the Jordyzzzz thing came about online lol
Old 01-08-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

Colts were already missing Reggie Wayne and their #1 RB though.
Valid point, but it's greatly different having to adjust mid-game than having half a season to work with it.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Being from Kansas and a Kansas State fan, I can verify he was always "Jordy" to us. I am not sure when the Jordyzzzz thing came about online lol
From my recollection it goes back to when Nelson was in the draft and had questions about his speed. There were debates over his overall athleticism and suddenness. The clip of him beating Talib along the sideline was used to say he was athletic and the questions were bunk. The thread took some turn where it was just funny. The thread is gone now but some one was all on his nuts at some

He also is a big white WR which is rare. Any white dude in a skill position gets the zzz's now, such as Rileyzzz Cooperzzz.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 01-08-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Valid point, but it's greatly different having to adjust mid-game than having half a season to work with it.
Agreed.
Shields taught us that on Sunday on the first ******* drive.

Some players though, Reggie Wayne, Gronk, Wilfork, Matthews, Collins, can't be replaced with more time though. Special players are just that.

Unless there's a situation where there's a Brady behind a Bledsoe or some magical **** like that.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
He also is a big white WR which is rare. Any white dude in a skill position gets the zzz's now, such as Rileyzzz Cooperzzz.
You're growing on me nielzzzzzzyzz
Old 01-08-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
From my recollection it goes back to when Nelson was in the draft and had questions about his speed. There were debates over his overall athleticism and suddenness. The clip of him beating Talib along the sideline was used to say he was athletic and the questions were bunk. The thread took some turn where it was just funny. The thread is gone now but some one was all on his nuts at some

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't around at the time he was drafted as I was a member of a solely Titans board at that time and didn't move here until that site went to crap
Old 01-08-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

BASK IN THE GLORY

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 01-09-2014, 12:45 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the 2nd half kickoff to the lead lost with under 5 min to go.
KC 14 minutes, 54 seconds of possession
INDY 10 minutes, 30 seconds of possession

The Colts had only 2 3rd downs over the entire 2nd half surge to victory.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
BASK IN THE GLORY

I was at that game
Old 01-09-2014, 01:25 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The irony is that I was the one that came up with the zzzzz's thing, and I was 100% wrong about Jordy Nelson. Basically whoever that troll was, was exactly right. Sorry random race-baiting troll.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It was pretty much entirely on Sutton as he did what he did (or didn't do what he hadn't done) all year.

But I'd put a bit of it on Reid, too. Technically, if they'd just gone out there and kneeled the ball the entire second half after they went up 38-10, the Chiefs would have won the game as the Colts wouldn't have had time to score that many points. Reid wanted to stay aggressive because he thought the Colts would come back. Well, they came back because Reid took chances and left tons of time on the clock for the Colts to come back from 28-down.

I don't care if you're down to Cyrus Gray and Dexter McCluster as your runningbacks. You should already be able to figure out what to do in that situation. You also have Donnie Avery as an end-around option.

Sutton gets the brunt of it, but Andy Reid isn't excused here, either.

Also, the Colts played really well in the second half. It's not their fault they made an adjustment to exploit the coverage the Chiefs were running out there and the Chiefs refused to counter the adjustment.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:30 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck happened.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you know that if the Chiefs just took kneel downs for the entire rest of the 3rd and 4th quarters after they had the 28 point lead, that they probably would have won the game?

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2014...-2nd-half.html

The reason the Chiefs lost was a.) awful game plan after establishing a 28 point lead - nobody should ever be able to give up a lead that large in the second half and b.) awful defensive play by a team that was a top-3 defense earlier in the year
Jomoz (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:20 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts have a bad habit of falling way behind early in games. If that happens in New England, the Colts will lose so badly that the final score will look like a game between FSU and a community college. Indy has to be either leading, tied, or trailing by about 10 points or less at halftime this week to have a chance.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote