Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I swear, no exaggeration, offline I don't know a single Colts fan that will even admit that Peyton Manning > Luck.

I get so much "LOL JUSS WINZ GAMEZ, PERFECT RECORD AGAINST PEYTON" every time I try to explain that one to them.

So I said that knowing all too well what's going to be coming my way.
Peyton Manning > Luck

Sorry I'm not in person. :/

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, crap. Now guys are bringing up supporting cast. When Cutler's outside receivers were Devin Hester and Rashied Davis and he was getting pressured at historic levels, we'd bring that up and the whole forum told us it was just an excuse for a ****** QB.

But now it's ok to use Cutler's receivers against him to pretend Luck is already elite instead of potentially elite at some point in the future?

Will Andrew Luck be better than average in the future? Probably. I definitely think he will. I certainly never said the Colts should already move on. That would be a stupid thing to do. But is he some elite QB right now the way the guy I quoted was strongly hinting at? lolno. Right now he and Cutler are both in that traffic jam at the middle of the pack in the QB rankings.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-04-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Peyton Manning > Luck

Sorry I'm not in person. :/
Oh, I knew you weren't really insane like that. The Colts fans on this board are way more reasonable than the meatballs I know in real life.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get your point though. Labeling him "elite" or calling him overrated really doesn't do much.

Are you insinuating that he's just not good enough to lead this Colts team on a playoff run? He undoubtedly is. He's shown the ability to lead his teams to wins against the best teams in the league. Whether he does or not is a different story.

It's really not worth ranking him right now. It's not worth ranking anyone right now. Or comparing him to Cutler. There are 12 QBs still playing. Let's see what they do in the biggest games of the season.

Luck played some damn poor games this year - which wasn't what we expected. He also had some terrific performances which got a little hype but nothing crazy. You're right, his numbers weren't THAT good. But none of that matters today - that's the beauty of this game.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Last year it was Taber.
The year before, YFS for getting banned.
The year before, it was FutureScout.
Every year, it is Vikes.

Historically terrible posters recently have been starting a lot of threads on Wildcard weekend and aren't the popular picks to ruin the forum that year. That might be the case again this year.

And who else has been racist this year, AND homophobic?
And ignorant?
And jerked off to ACL injuries, ON Youtube.

There is nobody who has a resume anywhere near what J-Mike has.

Is J Mike capable of putting together a 4-week run like Taber or Futurescout or Vikes have?

I think it's very possible.

Watch out for J Mike.

He is my lock of the day today vs the good posters of SWDC.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Last year it was Taber.
The year before, YFS for getting banned.
The year before, it was FutureScout.
Every year, it is Vikes.

Historically terrible posters recently have been starting a lot of threads on Wildcard weekend and aren't the popular picks to ruin the forum that year. That might be the case again this year.

And who else has been racist this year, AND homophobic?
And ignorant?
And jerked off to ACL injuries, ON Youtube.

There is nobody who has a resume anywhere near what J-Mike has.

Is J Mike capable of putting together a 4-week run like Taber or Futurescout or Vikes have?

I think it's very possible.

Watch out for J Mike.

He is my lock of the day today vs the good posters of SWDC.

Rob for SWDC HOF.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:04 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Rob for SWDC HOF.
if i could do it in the admin thing, i totally would.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the defense ranks where again?
Old 01-04-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
the defense ranks where again?
I think 21st?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 01-04-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
Same. He asked how long he'd get suspended if he posted it. I told him I'd post it if he didn't.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Luck: 60.2% completion, 6.7 YPA, 87.0 QBR
Cutler: 63.1% completion, 7.4 YPA, 89.2 QBR

People around here keep pretending that his possible future self is what he is right now. In reality, average QB is average at the moment.
Lol this is about as terrible as the alex smith and eli manning comparison. That says far more about Cutle than it does about luck at this point.

Edit should have read the whole thing. I agree with you. Im
Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-04-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Same. He asked how long he'd get suspended if he posted it. I told him I'd post it if he didn't.
Perhaps MS has sucked it for long enough. It may be time for someone else to step up to the plate.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this troll thread is great but it's clear that the Pats' Receivers thread is better and more productive.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still miss Taber.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I still miss Taber.
Meh, it was never as good after it got to that recent point. He had a good run but at this point it was just sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Lol this is about as terrible as the alex smith and eli manning comparison. That says far more about Cutle than it does about luck at this point.

Edit should have read the whole thing. I agree with you. Im
Dumb
I actually miss read that too. I'm inclined to agree with him a little as well. I think Luck is above average but not elite. He is not as good as some people act like he is at present.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 01-04-2014, 01:56 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta admit, the talk of "But the Colts have Luck, they can beat anybody" just doesn't sit well with me...at this point in his career.
He is getting there, but stop acting like he's a top 5 QB in the league RIGHT NOW. He isn't, not even close really.

Now for the Colts, I just don't see them going on a run like that. The offense isn't much to strike fear, and the defense played inconsistent it seems.
Now talk about some of their victories, for instance Denver, I just don't see them being able to go into Denver and win. Going into New England could be different as I feel they would match up better, but I still don't like their chances that much.

Then again, I didn't like Baltimore's chances either. Baltimore was a freakin crazy run last year, like the Giants.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck has been a little up and down but the thing that stands out for me is victories against Denver, Seattle and San Francisco.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just. Wins. Games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Just. Wins. Games.
That's the key. Anyone comparing QBs using stats to make their case probably don't know a ton about football.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I doubt it. Luck has a very bright future, especially if somebody like DaRick Rogers steps up next year, but it's not his time yet.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Eh, I doubt it. Luck has a very bright future, especially if somebody like DaRick Rogers steps up next year, but it's not his time yet.
They certainly are capable of beating the chiefs and I hate to say it, New England also. Not sure if that would qualify them as far as surprising anyone.

Edit. They would be at Denver in the second rod unless the chargers were to win.

Last edited by Babylon : 01-04-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I gotta admit, the talk of "But the Colts have Luck, they can beat anybody" just doesn't sit well with me...at this point in his career.
He is getting there, but stop acting like he's a top 5 QB in the league RIGHT NOW. He isn't, not even close really.
Actually, he's very close. He's proven he can adjust to only having 1 or 2 reliable receiving options rather than 3 or 4. And the 1 or 2 and 3 or 4 aren't even that great.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you look at Luck's production from the last 14 Quarters (pretty much from about half time in the Cincinatti game when Pep Hamilton decided to start playing a modern NFL offense instead of the Stanford Offense from 4 years ago) it is actually pretty good.

The equivalent of 267 yards a game, 8 TDs, only 1 turnover, 68% completion rate.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, I am pretty surprised right now so I guess you'd have to say yes!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote