Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you would have told me we'd score 44 after losing Charles on the first series I would have called you a liar.

I have absolutely no problem with anything Reid did today. The playcalling was fantastic for the situation and he has gotten a lot out of Alex Smith this year. It's really impressive.

Bob Sutton on the other hand..

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:32 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The time wasn't even really an issue. They were on the 45 with two full minutes left and all they needed was a FG, they would have done fine without a timeout. It would have been nice to have, but it wasn't as big of a deal as a lot of people made it seem like.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That goes against the narrative though, and we can't have that.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, not to veer off topic or distract from the Andrew Luck talk (he was absolutely outstanding and is deserving of a ton of praise), but if you think any part of the original comment was related to you picking the Colts in a pick'em game (or to go to the SB), you've missed the boat.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I mean, not to veer off topic or distract from the Andrew Luck talk (he was absolutely outstanding and is deserving of a ton of praise), but if you think any part of the original comment was related to you picking the Colts in a pick'em game (or to go to the SB), you've missed the boat.
Not sure what that point is, but I started the topic to be about the Colts and that I thought, with them having more quality wins than ANY other team in the NFL, that we should take them more seriously.
Most people were picking the Chiefs not the Colts.

So that's a nice topic for discussion now ahead of time.

But you or someone throws out the "troll" label for the thread?
Really? Had nothing to do with that, had nothing to do with my Packers, injuries, etc.

Someone just showed their true colors, their prickness, their lack of class, by taking a legitimate topic and insulting me instead of going with the topic.

I say enough things to be insulted about on my own, I ask for it sometimes.
But this was nothing of that sort.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Most people picked the Chiefs?

Old 01-05-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Before the game I saw the pick em and it looked pretty even if leaning towards Colts.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think by kickoff the bookies where giving it to the Chiefs as well.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It went from the Colts favored by 2 to the cheifs being favored by 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
It went from the Colts favored by 2 to the cheifs being favored by 2.
Yeah I took advantage of that, as I took advantage of getting the Niners -2 1/2.
$200 half point that was.

COLTS were the only HOME team to win this weekend.
Troll thread though?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:26 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
the line shifted from i think Colts -1 to Chiefs -1.5 leading up to game time.

a lot of people were pro-chiefs.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Chances Andrew gets Lucky again this week at New England?

20%
40%
Old 01-06-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Last year it was the Ravens.
The year before, the Giants.
The year before, it was the Packers.

Champions recently are playing on Wildcard weekend and aren't the popular picks who are #1 and #2 seeds. That might be the case again this year.

And who else has beaten Denver this year, AND San Francisco?
And Seattle?
And the Chiefs, AT Arrowhead.

There is nobody who has a resume anywhere near what the Colts have.

Is Andrew Luck capable of putting together a 4-game run like Flacco or Eli or Rodgers have?
I think it's very possible.

Watch out for the Colts.
They are my lock of the day today vs the Chiefs.
If the OL can continue to play good ball, and the defense plays like it did the last 3 games of the regular season, sure they can win it. Luck is incredible and you can never count him out.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
If the OL can continue to play good ball, and the defense plays like it did the last 3 games of the regular season, sure they can win it. Luck is incredible and you can never count him out.
Missing pieces due to injuriezzzz:

INDY: Reggie Wayne, huge. Ahmad Bradshaw, big.
Who else? I know there are more, starting OT?

NE: Vinny Wilfork, huge. Rob Gronkowski, huge. Brandon Spikes, huge.
Who else?
Is Amendola hurt this week?
Old 01-07-2014, 02:12 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Who else?
Colts biggest injuries:
Reggie Wayne
Dwayne Allen
Vick Ballard
Ahmad Bradshaw
Delano Howell
Montori Hughes
Fili Moala
Donal Thomas
Greg Toler

I probably missed many.

edit: but im excited for our current healthy roster to take on the Pats!!!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What people are forgetting is that the Chiefs defense has been one of the worst in the league late in the season since the Houston injury. And after getting him back for the playoffs he still clearly wasn't as effective as he was earlier in the season when the Chiefs had a good defense.

I don't think the Colts are all that good or that Luck is some clutch hero - they just had the benefit of playing against one of the worst defenses in the NFL in their wild card game.

The Colts will get smoked in Foxborough this week.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Who else?
Indy Injuries: No one cares, no one cares, no one cares.

NE Injuries: No one cares, no one cares, etc....

Not a single team gives a flying **** or expects any sympathy for hurt players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:53 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

This should be the response to everything JMike posts, repeatedly.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:39 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

FALSE.

Look, nobody cares what you feel or what I feel.
But wasn't it just YOU who said yesterday when Spikes was put on IR that "this one hurts". If not you it was someone else.

The FACT is fans DO care but more importantly, the TEAM does and it DOES make a difference. You know this son.

No Gronk and no Wilfork and no Spikes?
You're f****d. Sorry. Actually not sorry. Good on ya.

THESE BELOW are the CORRECT ANSWERS TO questions like that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
What people are forgetting is that the Chiefs defense has been one of the worst in the league late in the season since the Houston injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Colts biggest injuries:
Reggie Wayne
Dwayne Allen
Vick Ballard
Ahmad Bradshaw
Delano Howell
Montori Hughes
Fili Moala
Donal Thomas
Greg Toler
GO COLTS
Old 01-07-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FALSE.

Look, nobody cares what you feel or what I feel.
But wasn't it just YOU who said yesterday when Spikes was put on IR that "this one hurts". If not you it was someone else.

The FACT is fans DO care but more importantly, the TEAM does and it DOES make a difference. You know this son.

No Gronk and no Wilfork and no Spikes?
You're f****d. Sorry. Actually not sorry. Good on ya.

THESE BELOW are the CORRECT ANSWERS TO questions like that:

GO COLTS
The problem with the injuriezzz thing is that you treat injuries like some sort of consolation prize, or the lack of injuriezzz as some sort of huge asterisk to a winning season.

At the end of the day the team that is put out this weekend is the team that is going to win or lose you the game. Gronk, Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, Vollmer, and Spikes aren't relevant for the Pats anymore, and shouldn't be the focus of conversation. Hoomanawanui, Siliga, Collins, Jones, Cannon, and Fletcher are the guys now who are relevant. The same thing goes for the Colts and their injuries.

As much as you may want it to be, the Packers aren't going to be co-SB champs because they had the most injuriezzz. 2 months from now nobody will remember or care who was injured.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 01-07-2014 at 12:33 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's even more funny when some players are perpetually injured, and still used as an excuse.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
As much as you may want it to be, the Packers aren't going to be co-SB champs because they had the most injuriezzz. At the end of the day 2 months from now nobody will remember or care who was injured.
Oh, we'll remember. He'll make sure of that.

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams built around an elite QB pretty much only get sympathy if said QB is out for the playoffs.

We can make excuses all day, but I know personally, if Drew Brees is out there, and we lose, I don't feel like "damn, if we just had x player!"

If injuries tear you down to the point where you miss the playoffs and such, that's one thing... if you get in? shut up. sometimes losing someone just before the playoffs sparks something in the guys filling in, they come out like gangbusters. People forget that even backups are exceptionally talented a lot of times, and can outplay starters.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Teams built around an elite QB pretty much only get sympathy if said QB is out for the playoffs.

We can make excuses all day, but I know personally, if Drew Brees is out there, and we lose, I don't feel like "damn, if we just had x player!"

If injuries tear you down to the point where you miss the playoffs and such, that's one thing... if you get in? shut up.
Alright, remember that if TJ Ward busts Rob Gronkowski's leg in half.

And that theory applies to the Patriots then right now right?
Still got Brady, elite QB.

Surely missing Gronk, Vince, Spikes doesn't make a difference..... alright then.

Just wish we could test that theory on SF starting next season for 4..... then I'm a happy dude, not a pissed off grumpy crabby fan. Happy J-Mike not angry J-Mike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Oh, we'll remember. He'll make sure of that.

That's actually funny. Good humor.
Bear fan with a good sense of humor. I like that.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many points to the Patriots get for Gronk being out? Wait 0? They still play the game even though players are hurt? That's odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote