Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I hope the Super Bowl ends up being Chargers vs. Panthers or something of that nature so ESPN is left scratching its head.
If Pats don't win I'm all for the obscure SB. As of now I'm going with the obvious picks, Denver and Seattle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Is this the Jay Cutler thing? 'on the field' is a stretch and a half, my memory is that he with a pack of other Chargers during a stoppage of play. It's so long ago, and just one example, but Rivers is on the record saying he was cheering on his own defense. and even if he was screeching at Jay, it's a strange thing for the entire media to hold onto for 5, 6, 7 years.

Points aside I just get a little irked because he has this amazing history of winning and stellar play, best play I've ever seen out of a Charger QB, and all anyone seems to talk about is how disrespectful he is. Meanwhile, he's one of the most enthusiastic, football savvy and complimentary guys in the game if you bother to check out his conferences and interviews.
I'm not the media tho, and I also don't harp on Rivers and think hes a very good QB. But that explanation by him in regards to that situation, was bull ****. His guys were off the field, and he was looking right at Cutler. I remember that for it being Douchey, not for the media constantly reminding me of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
He is. You're right. Very charitable with his foundation.
Doesn't get arrested with firearms, drugs, driving 100+MPH, drunk, etc.

Faithful to his longtime wife.
Has about 6 kids and that IS his life mainly away from the stadium.

Goddamn Brody only says that because Rivers is a devout Catholic.
I know what you're doing and I'm getting fed up with it lately J-Mike. You know the rules by now. Cut it out. This is your last warning.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

I'm not the media tho, and I also don't harp on Rivers and think hes a very good QB. But that explanation by him in regards to that situation, was bull ****. His guys were off the field, and he was looking right at Cutler. I remember that for it being Douchey, not for the media constantly reminding me of it.
Yeah I never bought it either, but I've done this on the football field more times than I can count so I guess I'm a douche too lol.

Relive the greatness, I will say that it looks pretty clear that he's not exactly alone. Jay Cutler deserved it anyway. But again, this example is from 2007. It's not like Romo blunders at the end of games where he keeps reinforcing the narrative.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He ran right up to an official and was screaming his head off during the first KC/SD game. Not like the thing with him and Cutler was some isolated incident, he still does stuff like that.

I don't REALLY care, you can call it "being competitive" all you want, but you can't get upset when someone thinks the same behavior is him being douchey.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brodeur hates the christian values.
I've liked Rivers since his CLUTCHNESS at NC State where IIRC, he started in 4 Bowl games...... or was it somehow 5?

Rivers is a competitor and not just a moper "Al Golly Jee Shucks" kinda guy.
I like firey QBs, passionate. I never had a problem with Marino either, bitching at teammates for mental errors.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J-Mike is trying to be subtle with his obvious hate, and honestly it needs to stop. Like immediately.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He ran right up to an official and was screaming his head off during the first KC/SD game. Not like the thing with him and Cutler was some isolated incident, he still does stuff like that.

I don't REALLY care, you can call it "being competitive" all you want, but you can't get upset when someone thinks the same behavior is him being douchey.
No worries Vidae I'm not too stressed about it either, but I would be upset if my QB didn't argue for calls. I'd say most do. Rivers is an enthusiastic guy but I'd cop to it if I thought he ever really went across the line. The only time I've ever been outright POd at his behavior is when he kicked a flag one time.

Quote:
I've liked Rivers since his CLUTCHNESS at NC State where IIRC, he started in 4 Bowl games...... or was it somehow 5?

Rivers is a competitor and not just a moper "Al Golly Jee Shucks" kinda guy.
I like firey QBs, passionate. I never had a problem with Marino either, bitching at teammates for mental errors.
Some people say 5 because he also dominated the Senior Bowl but that's weird if you ask me.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
No worries Vidae I'm not too stressed about it either, but I would be upset if my QB didn't argue for calls. I'd say most do. Rivers is an enthusiastic guy but I'd cop to it if I thought he ever really went across the line. The only time I've ever been outright POd at his behavior is when he kicked a flag one time.
I thought it was hilarious when he was yelling at the ref and Reid blocked him out like he was going for a rebound and Rivers acted like he was pushed. I like that kind of stuff.

Not everyone feels the same, though. More power to him, I hope he beats the **** out of Denver this weekend. I'm actually rooting for the Chargers. In an NFL game. Ugh.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I thought it was hilarious when he was yelling at the ref and Reid blocked him out like he was going for a rebound and Rivers acted like he was pushed. I like that kind of stuff.

Not everyone feels the same, though. More power to him, I hope he beats the **** out of Denver this weekend. I'm actually rooting for the Chargers. In an NFL game. Ugh.
AFC west vidae! And that was an assault from Andy Reid. Butt assault. Poor form.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
AFC west vidae! And that was an assault from Andy Reid. Butt assault. Poor form.
In his defense though just turning around can swing those cheeks every which way. Rivers had bad awareness near the poobin though. Sign of a surefire playoff choker.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
J-Mike is trying to be subtle with his obvious hate, and honestly it needs to stop. Like immediately.
I quote and agree with CC San Diego.
And you reply with ^THAT^?

Come on now BBD. First of all, I am a lover not a hater.
The only hate-like things now for me are still our injuriezzzz.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...ould-have-been
Quote:
At that point, the offense ranked second in the NFL in yards per game, third in rushing yards and fifth in passing yards.

“I hate doing this, especially because I call the plays, [but] I felt that this was going to be the best offense that we’ve ever had here,” McCarthy said. “I thought we were going to go past 2011.”

Despite some injuries -- most notably to tight end Jermichael Finley (neck), receiver Randall Cobb (leg) and outside linebacker Clay Matthews (thumb) -- his team was 5-2 and atop the NFC North.

The defense had made strides, too. It ranked 11th in yards allowed, fourth in rushing yards allowed and 21st in passing yards allowed (up from 30th after two weeks).

“We played the run fairly good up to that point in time,” defensive coordinator Dom Capers said.

Of course, it all changed against the Chicago Bears on Nov. 4, when Rodgers broke his collarbone and missed the next seven games.

What could have been McCarthy’s best team turned into an 8-7-1 squad, which still was good enough to win the NFC North and get them a home playoff game that they lost to the San Francisco 49ers in the wild-card round.

It turned into what McCarthy called his “most challenging season” as injuries mounted.

That’s a strong statement considering the 1-4 start to his debut season in 2006, the difficult transition from Brett Favre to Rodgers in the summer of 2008 and the injury-plagued 2010 season.

“This year, it just seemed like it never stopped,” McCarthy said. “2010 was different. I can remember sitting here with Ted [Thompson] on Mondays and Tuesdays, and a number of times we didn’t even have 42, 43 players that were going to be ready to play with 46 on Sunday. We had a number of those this year, but there’s just so much change. I thought our special teams was extremely challenged this year with all the change there. Yeah, this was clearly the most challenging.”
Old 01-09-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I quote and agree with CC San Diego.
And you reply with ^THAT^?
because the tiny bit of his post you quoted was coincidental. you realize that you're completely transparent, right? it's seriously time for you to grow up.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
because the tiny bit of his post you quoted was coincidental. you realize that you're completely transparent, right? it's seriously time for you to grow up.
You're starting to grow on me njx.

killxswitch, that's awful!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brodeur hates the christian values. Rivers doesn't even cuss. and if you start judging football players by their politics (Phil is a right winger), you're gonna have a bad time.

I see what you guys are saying but I still think it's pretty absurdly overblown. he acts like a prick during games...okay, I mean he's waving his arms around and yelling at guys. Any given week you'll see other QBs, and about a million other players, do the same thing. at least he's not a ginger.
I have no problem with Christian values. One of my closest friends that I talk to every day is a Christian, and she goes to church basically every week. He's just an ass.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Colts are done. No magic carpet ride. Belichick too smart, and Luck too sloppy.

/Thread

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-11-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:00 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by boknows34 : 01-12-2014 at 01:59 PM.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote