Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-03-2014, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fastest release I've ever seen=messy mechanics for you guys. He doesn't look like a conventional player on tape, but he gets it done.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bearfan21
Rookie

Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt think when i woke up today i would be spending a good portion of my day watching Brett Smith video.

While i will admit he has skills to work with( quick release, mobility, playmaking ability) there are also alot of things that worry me about him. His footwork and overall throwing mechanics will lead to accuracy problems at the next level.

I have him graded as a 5-6 rounder but he is a guy if you get the right QB coach to iron out his mechanics he could be a steal.
Bearfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:20 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen numerous mocks and draft sites that have him as the #5 QB.

This wouldn't be the first time the NFL messed up something that many of us can plainly see.

Mechanics? No, they're not great, but he's hardly Tim Tebow either. His mechanics are still better than Bortles. Yes, he seemingly throws off the wrong foot at times, doesn't set his feet...those are easily coachable by good QB coaches. He is very active and aware in the pocket, much like Manziel, lightning fast release...and yeah, his competition sucked, but so did the team around him. Roethlisberger had crappy competition and bombed when he did have to face good teams. It's a team game and Smith made his team look a lot more competitive than they should have been.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He did not receive an invite to the Combine.
Where was this? I haven't see any official Combine invites list anywhere. It isn't even listed on the NFL Combine site.. http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list
Old 02-04-2014, 11:25 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I found an article claiming he wasn't invited... but aren't there usually 3 Combine arms that aren't officially invited that get brought along as well? http://fansided.com/2014/02/03/nfl-s...invite/#!uohXt

I would have to think that Smith at least gets to go as a Combine arm. I've watched too much tape on this guy to say he has less of a shot than all but 3-5 QB prospects this season.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:25 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Where was this? I haven't see any official Combine invites list anywhere. It isn't even listed on the NFL Combine site.. http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list
Murphy McGuire reported it yesterday.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've seen numerous mocks and draft sites that have him as the #5 QB.

This wouldn't be the first time the NFL messed up something that many of us can plainly see.

Mechanics? No, they're not great, but he's hardly Tim Tebow either. His mechanics are still better than Bortles. Yes, he seemingly throws off the wrong foot at times, doesn't set his feet...those are easily coachable by good QB coaches. He is very active and aware in the pocket, much like Manziel, lightning fast release...and yeah, his competition sucked, but so did the team around him. Roethlisberger had crappy competition and bombed when he did have to face good teams. It's a team game and Smith made his team look a lot more competitive than they should have been.
I swear that everyone just wants to sweep mechanical problems under the rug and everyone's defense is "that's easily coachable with good QB coaches". If that's true and we can just ignore mechanical problems then I still don't see what the hype about Smith is. If I can ignore Bortles' mechanical problems then he's bigger, has a stronger arm, and excelled against better competition than Smith. Derek Carr is just as fast as Smith, with a far superior arm, and was more successful than Smith so if we're ignoring mechanics then Derek Carr is still superior.

My problem with Smith isn't just that he has bad mechanics it's that he doesn't have the elite physical tools that make me think "if I can fix his mechanics he'll be a good NFL QB". This isn't Colin Kaepernick who had incredible size, a rocket arm, and breakaway speed. IF he can fix his mechanics, bulk up a bit, and adjust to the speed of the NFL then Smith COULD be an average NFL QB. That's a lot of ifs without a whole lot of payoff. Obviously though I've been wrong before and I could be wrong again but that's just how I see it. I have no agenda against the guy.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the thing that makes me like Brett Smith so much is that in addition to thinking he has great quickness and elusiveness, a fast release, and adequate arm strength and accuracy - to me looks like he's got the best understanding and control of game situations, moment-by-moment, of anyone in this class.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 02-04-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I swear that everyone just wants to sweep mechanical problems under the rug and everyone's defense is "that's easily coachable with good QB coaches". If that's true and we can just ignore mechanical problems then I still don't see what the hype about Smith is. If I can ignore Bortles' mechanical problems then he's bigger, has a stronger arm, and excelled against better competition than Smith. Derek Carr is just as fast as Smith, with a far superior arm, and was more successful than Smith so if we're ignoring mechanics then Derek Carr is still superior.

My problem with Smith isn't just that he has bad mechanics it's that he doesn't have the elite physical tools that make me think "if I can fix his mechanics he'll be a good NFL QB". This isn't Colin Kaepernick who had incredible size, a rocket arm, and breakaway speed. IF he can fix his mechanics, bulk up a bit, and adjust to the speed of the NFL then Smith COULD be an average NFL QB. That's a lot of ifs without a whole lot of payoff. Obviously though I've been wrong before and I could be wrong again but that's just how I see it. I have no agenda against the guy.
I think you make some excellent points and I'm not sure his arm strength is up to snuff. IMO, he is at best a developmental QB who is very raw and needs a lot of work, that round 5-7 territory and I think that is where he gets drafted.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:30 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IF he can fix his mechanics, bulk up a bit, and adjust to the speed of the NFL then Smith COULD be an average NFL QB. That's a lot of ifs without a whole lot of payoff.

That.

That right there.... was a mic drop. Well done.

#endthread
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
That.

That right there.... was a mic drop. Well done.

#endthread
Yes, because despite the fact that his arm is strong enough, he has enough size, more than enough mobility, and outstanding competitiveness, you guys are the authority on QBs.

DeadEagle, you think Mike Glennon should be gifted the starting position for the Bucs... MIKE GLENNON who despite good statistics, showed absolutely nothing that would indicate he can be a competent NFL QB. His numbers were as empty as a Mike Leach QB. He was the benefactor of great field position, a ton of a play-action, and entire halves of prevent defenses where he checked down the majority of the time instead of actually challenging a defense.

The last time I endured similar criticism was when I said Colin Kaepernick had the makings of an NFL stud and would get picked between the #25-43 slots (or something along those lines). I think Brett Smith can be a really good player... more so than Christian Ponder and Andy Dalton whom I slammed in the same draft as Kaepernick (and no, Dalton is no success story, he is what is holding the Bengals back).
Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Watch the Nebraska and Texas tape to see him against far superior competition (to his own team). He alone kept his team in those games with his pocket presence, preternatural ability (like Manziel) to know where his open players are, feet, accuracy, and yes, his arm. Keep in mind, the KID is a true junior and still has a ton of growing to do both physically and mentally.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith deadlifting 450+: http://instagram.com/p/j2xq44laTe/
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watch the Nebraska and Texas tape to see him against far superior competition (to his own team). He alone kept his team in those games with his pocket presence, preternatural ability (like Manziel) to know where his open players are, feet, accuracy, and yes, his arm. Keep in mind, the KID is a true junior and still has a ton of growing to do both physically and mentally.
His tape against Texas is awful and basically highlights everything wrong about him as a prospect. He showed terrible mechanics that cause a ton of balls to sail, a lack of arm strength that led to an INT on a deep pass, and poor decision making that led to another INT where he just lobbed the ball into the middle of the field. Both of the TDs he threw were just Robert Herron making the defense look stupid. The 2nd TD Herron was like 10 yards open and his pass was so underthrown that the defense still almost made a play on it. You say that he kept his team in that game but to me Herron is the reason they even scored points. I'll give you that he's tough and pretty athletic but outside of that he's a mess. Anything more than a late round flier is crazy IMO.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:13 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, because despite the fact that his arm is strong enough, he has enough size, more than enough mobility, and outstanding competitiveness, you guys are the authority on QBs.

Jamarcus Russell and Josh Freeman were all those things you just listed. According to your evaluation standards, they should be starting QB's in the NFL. Yet here we are.

It's not that I am some sort of authority on QB's. What I do have, is a sense of the things that make a QB successful. Release, footwork, arm strength (enough to make the needed throws), accuracy and diagnosis. The bulk of that other stuff you listed is fluff. And it don't mean jack, Jack.

Quote:
He declared, and I couldn't find a thread about him.

I'm super impressed as his game reminds me a lot of Johnny Football. He's a tad bigger and of course played against weaker competition, but his improvisational skills, playmaking ability, running ability really remind me of Manziel. His arm looks to be strong enough. He started as a true freshman and still rewrote the MWC freshman record books. He doesn't quite look the 6'3 he is listed, but he looks far faster than his listed 4.83...after watching him easily outrun many MWC DBs I'm thinking he runs no worse than 4.65.

With the Bucs picking #7, I am now hoping they go BPA and then Smith in round 2 to pair with Tedford. With him being a 2nd rounder I figure he can battle it out with Glennon in TC with little pressure.

Anybody else have a definitive opinions or info on him?

And I'm just quoting this for posterity purposes.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Jamarcus Russell and Josh Freeman were all those things you just listed. According to your evaluation standards, they should be starting QB's in the NFL. Yet here we are.

It's not that I am some sort of authority on QB's. What I do have, is a sense of the things that make a QB successful. Release, footwork, arm strength (enough to make the needed throws), accuracy and diagnosis. The bulk of that other stuff you listed is fluff. And it don't mean jack, Jack.

And I'm just quoting this for posterity purposes.
Nice, I could quote a lot of your posts, but people don't need to see proof of you being a giant douche. It's fairly obvious.

Russell and Freeman lacked work ethic, first and foremost... and work ethic, might be the most important intangible of being a great QB (behind actually being able to throw a ball).

And for posterity purposes, I stated BEFORE Russell was drafted that I would not have drafted Russell anywhere sooner than the 2nd round.

And here's your boy... poised, calculated, deadly, in action.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/01/mik...e-vs-carolina/

Absolutely TERRIBLE! I'd take Brett "The Hitman" Hart before I put my hopes in Glennon.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

I don't understand why you're being so defensive about him. You made this thread to find the general consensus on this guy and when it came back overly negative you seemed to get upset. You should be happy because now if he does succeed you get to say "I told you so". Nobody has an agenda against Brett Smith or you. We're just giving our honest opinion on what we see from him. Everybody has their prospects that they like more than most people and that's what makes scouting so interesting. I don't know if there's anything more to discuss about Brett Smith at this point.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:55 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't understand why you're being so defensive about him. You made this thread to find the general consensus on this guy and when it came back overly negative you seemed to get upset. You should be happy because now if he does succeed you get to say "I told you so". Nobody has an agenda against Brett Smith or you. We're just giving our honest opinion on what we see from him. Everybody has their prospects that they like more than most people and that's what makes scouting so interesting. I don't know if there's anything more to discuss about Brett Smith at this point.
Yeah, I made the thread to find the general consensus on him, not to hear the same two overbearing people, not you so much as the other, continue repeating their opinions over and over. You don't like him, neither does Dead Eagle... does anybody ELSE have an opinion?

But you're right, there is nothing else to be said about Brett Smith, not by you or DeadEagle anyway, we've read your posts and I appreciate your insight (especially because you don't come off as a giant prick), but there are others with valid opinions (and in terms of evaluating QBs there are no sure-fire studs or duds because anything could happen-Brady/Couch, mostly opinions).

As for the consensus being overly negative, not so...mostly by you two. I've seen too many respected draft sites that have him ranked highly.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:37 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I made the thread to find the general consensus on him, not to hear the same two overbearing people, not you so much as the other, continue repeating their opinions over and over. You don't like him, neither does Dead Eagle... does anybody ELSE have an opinion?

But you're right, there is nothing else to be said about Brett Smith, not by you or DeadEagle anyway, we've read your posts and I appreciate your insight (especially because you don't come off as a giant prick), but there are others with valid opinions (and in terms of evaluating QBs there are no sure-fire studs or duds because anything could happen-Brady/Couch, mostly opinions).

As for the consensus being overly negative, not so...mostly by you two. I've seen too many respected draft sites that have him ranked highly.
Every single one of my posts has been in response to a comment by either you or Caulibflower. That's called having a discussion. You asked for opinions on him and I gave mine. Caulibflower said he wanted to hear a good knock on his game and I gave my opinion. You say that his mechanics are "easily coachable with good QB coaches" and I mention that IMO he still falls short with better mechanics and that they're not as fixable as everybody like to think. You tell me to go watch the Texas tape and I gave you my thoughts on it. Robbert Herron took a short pass for a long TD and then beat the defense deep for an easy TD pass and other than that Brett Smith threw 2 bad picks because of a lack of arm strength and a bad decision.

Honestly I'm always very interested when I hear somebody having strong opinions for a prospect, especially QBs. I'm always open minded in situations like this and sometimes I come away with a completely different opinion on a prospect. For example, this year somebody made a thread about Jimmie Ward and I went and watched his tape and was very impressed. I might not have had the same opinion if I hadn't read that thread. I just didn't get convinced with Brett Smith. It's no big deal just a difference in opinion.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:21 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to back brasho. Watching that Nebraska game. He elevated his team and kept them in the game. His release is very quick. He's not hesistant. His accuracy/ball placement is very good. Pocket presence and escapeability is good. Extending plays works in his favor.

Another thing I like: His vision. He has quick eyes to go through reads. Arm Strength isn't stafford esque by all means. But his arm strength is NFL starter quality.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does the OP think Smith deserves to be drafted(round), not where he ultimately will be???

And stop dragging Mike Glennon's good name into this discussion!!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Where does the OP think Smith deserves to be drafted(round), not where he ultimately will be???

And stop dragging Mike Glennon's good name into this discussion!!!!
haha good name? Nothing against Glennon, but I look at him as your typical back up that wont turn the ball over, but won't really hurt defenses. He hasn't and wont make the crucial plays to win you ball games through the course of a 16 game season

I think Smith should get taken round 2. As stated before, his playmaking ability, improvising, accuracy, arm strength starter quality . Love the accuracy and his eye movement and ability to go through his progressions.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys must be looking through mirrors, Smith won't be touched in the first 3 rounds, he's strictly a developmental prospect who will get taken in rounds 4-6.
His mechanics stink and I just don't see the arm strength and I haven't seen anybody of any note suggesting he is more than a middle to late pick.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:54 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints take him late as a developmental qb for the future, Brees is getting up there in age, Payton has ties to Eastern Illinois. He developed Tony Romo for several years and probably helped him come the qb he is now, of course Romo might be better if they were still paired up but still. Outrageous prediction but never too early to look for the future qb.There is speculation that if he falls to the 4th or later that the Saints might take him.

edit: nevermind, for some reason I thought we were talking about Jimmy Garropolo, must be the booze

Last edited by batsandgats : 02-15-2014 at 11:58 PM.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

And stop dragging Mike Glennon's good name into this discussion!!!
Spoken like someone that doesn't have Mike Glennon on their team.