Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:53 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks 4:35 PM EST

13-10. I see this being a defensive struggle, though with the way Wilson has played recently, NO might win a shootout. I don't see that happening though, D is just too tough.

Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots 8:15 PM EST

This might come down to who makes fewer mistakes, and I'll take Brady's experience and precision on that front. 45-35.

Sunday, January 12th

San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers 1:05 PM EST

Bold prediction: winner here goes to the Super Bowl. SF has a lot more talent than in that 10-9 game, but Carolina has a much tougher defense than Green Bay, whom SF squeaked by, and possibly the most explosive athlete in the league in Cameron Newton. 24-21

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos 4:40 PM EST

This just feels like one of those "no one is stopping anyone" type of games, where manning takes the dramatic 4th quarter lead too early, and Rivers marches back to win it over a tired D.

The better crunch time defense (or actually shows up) wins the game.

49-42.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feel like any team could win this week, hopefully it is as good as the wild card round.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Hartline the Heroic
Rookie

Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hartline the Heroic is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

barely hurts
Hartline the Heroic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i'm going to laugh when san diego beats us 7-3 at this point.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Njx is trying to reverse pych this game so hard. It's admirable. He's like the Broncos fan in the miller lite commercial that's sitting in the basement during the game.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:05 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

you would think that if you hadn't seen me for the last 8 years.

this team is better and worse than so many other teams we've had... i had more faith in us last year, because we sort of played defense. other than DRC, there isn't a player or coach on the team who can spell the word this year. von might as well have just taken the year off to hang out with ricky williams. woodyard went to ****. the safeties are a combined 673 years old between the four of them. and aside from the guys kicking the ball, our special teams are horrific and fully capable of losing the game on their own.

and that's all ignoring peyton's uncanny ability to get inside his own head in big games.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to lie...I agree with everything you said.

Which is exactly why I expect them to lose too. I'm still rooting for them though. I love Pey Pey.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
aside from the guys kicking the ball, our special teams are horrific and fully capable of losing the game on their own.
I thought Trindon Holliday was a pretty good returner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I think if the Bolts beat the Broncos they will wreck either Indy or NE but I'm not putting myself out there on step 1.

He was absolutely dreadful early on but came around for the stretch run displaying some good anticipation. He was not good yesterday, a return to his early season form, and I expect that was the first time a lot of folks had seen him so that will be the narrative: average. But over the course of the season I'd say he's done very well as both an instant starter and developmental player. Butler is better though, no question.
I would absolutely love to play SD over Denver, so by all means feel free to beat them this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

All I know is, if Peyton doesn't win this weekend, I don't want to hear anymore comparisons to Brady. We can put that argument to rest.

I don't care if he scores 80000 points and loses 80000 to 80001, he needs to win this damn game.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you would think that if you hadn't seen me for the last 8 years.

this team is better and worse than so many other teams we've had... i had more faith in us last year, because we sort of played defense. other than DRC, there isn't a player or coach on the team who can spell the word this year. von might as well have just taken the year off to hang out with ricky williams. woodyard went to ****. the safeties are a combined 673 years old between the four of them. and aside from the guys kicking the ball, our special teams are horrific and fully capable of losing the game on their own.

and that's all ignoring peyton's uncanny ability to get inside his own head in big games.
I think this is the year he puts that out of sight, out of mind and just goes crazy the next two games. Not even reverse jinxing as I just think he'll want revenge on any of the three remaining teams (obviously) and will relax and play without over thinking anything. Besides, its not as tho any of these teams are offensive juggernauts compared to what Pey can put up if he doesn't go into "playoff peyton" mode.

Quote:
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm not going to lie...I agree with everything you said.

Which is exactly why I expect them to lose too. I'm still rooting for them though. I love Pey Pey.
It would be such a shame if he went out with only one ring. If he can win another SB there won't be that question hanging over his head.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All I know is, if Peyton doesn't win this weekend, I don't want to hear anymore comparisons to Brady. We can put that argument to rest.

I don't care if he scores 80000 points and loses 80000 to 80001, he needs to win this damn game.
I can't allow myself to turn on Manning for Tom Brady. I just can't do it.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Look inward, feel the dark side of the force compel you. You know you want to love the evil empire.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Look inward, feel the dark side of the force compel you. You know you want to love the evil empire.
I was okay with the team back during the dynasty run but that changed in 2007. I hate 'em.

#BostonScum

Quote:
Old 01-06-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I thought Trindon Holliday was a pretty good returner?
he's ******* amazing the 1 time out of 10 he doesn't fumble the ball or bobble it or whatever. it's too bad.

Quote:
I think this is the year he puts that out of sight, out of mind and just goes crazy the next two games. Not even reverse jinxing as I just think he'll want revenge on any of the three remaining teams (obviously) and will relax and play without over thinking anything. Besides, its not as tho any of these teams are offensive juggernauts compared to what Pey can put up if he doesn't go into "playoff peyton" mode.
i really hope so. i've said for eyears that he needs someone to take his play-0calling away in playoff games, because he starts over-thinking everything. no one will, because after his regular seasons how could you, but someone should.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He's just better bro. He really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
It would be such a shame if he went out with only one ring. If he can win another SB there won't be that question hanging over his head.
Which is why I'm rooting for Peyton. He needs that 2nd ring to silence all the doubt. I really hope he gets it.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

Quote:
He's just better bro. He really is.
#AStormIsDelayed

Quote:
Old 01-06-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
#AStormIsDelayed
Don't do this!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I was okay with the team back during the dynasty run but that changed in 2007. I hate 'em.

#BostonScum
How can you hate us? We lost! The biggest game for us ever and we lost. I still repress that memory every day of my life. It was even more salt to the wound of spygate that we played that amazing and couldnt finish the deal. (reg season that is)

Quote:
Old 01-06-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

Quote:
Don't do this!
I'm actually in the middle of working on other crap I wanna get out of the way. I can focus my undivided attention on the video probably by the weekend.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm actually in the middle of working on other crap I wanna get out of the way. I can focus my undivided attention on the video probably by the weekend.
Sounds good bro. I haven't been doing what I said I'd do too. I'll get back on it soon.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

Quote:
How can you hate us? We lost! The biggest game for us ever and we lost. I still repress that memory every day of my life. It was even more salt to the wound of spygate that we played that amazing and couldnt finish the deal. (reg season that is)
Because all I heard for months was THIS IS THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED and hyperbole the likes of which had never been seen. ESPN started having fantasy matchups in like Week 10, pitting the Pats against all-time great teams, and the analysts picked the Pats every single time. Then you factor in the cheating, going for it on 4th down when leading by 30+ points, the dynasty the franchise just experienced, the damn bandwagoners, the god awful Boston accent and the broads up there that only watch football because they wanna bang Brady and I couldn't take it anymore. I detested everything about them, in particular, that classless bum in the hoodie that stands on the sidelines like a troll under a bridge. The level of arrogance displayed by the team, the fanbase and the media was unprecedented. They had this book ready to go on sale the within the week after the Super Bowl:

If this team, one that embodied everything I hate about professional sports, were to be the first team to go 19-0, it would have probably been the end of my football fandom. Thankfully, it didn't happen. After months and months of the biggest hype train in sports media history, it all came crashing down when a team lead by Eli Manning somehow, some way found a way to beat them. Eli Manning, a guy who had a career 73.4 QB Rating at the time of the game. Eli Manning, a guy with trade/release rumors just a month before the Super Bowl. Eli Manning, the younger and worse brother of the guy the Pats continually beat up. Yeah, that guy, found a way to outplay Tom Brady, the guy who just put up the greatest quarterback season in history at the time.

18-1 was my favorite moment ever as a sports fan. My favorite sports teams have never won a championship, both in my lifetime and in their entire franchise histories. Even when/if they ever win one, it probably won't compare to the feeling I had that night. The Giants destroying the hype, hopes, and dreams of the 2007 New England Patriots was nothing short of perfection. It was the sporting personification of David versus Goliath.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I think you just killed me a little bit inside as a person with that post. :(

Quote:
Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

Quote:
I think you just killed me a little bit inside as a person with that post. :(
You had three recent championships to fall back on, it couldn't have hurt that much. If this had happened to Cleveland, I would feel nothing but sympathy for them.

Quote: