Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
49ERS at PANTHERS
-Obviously, im very happy about going to Carolina as opposed to Seattle. Panthers beat the 49ers 10-9 is one of the most boring games I have seen from my team. Panthers have a great front seven so im hoping that we run and do quick slants and three step drops which should help against the pass rush of Carolina. Their secondary is the weak link but at the same time, cant take forever to pass because eventually the front seven will get to Kaepernick. Should definitely be a much more interesting game than in the regular season. I dont fear Panthers offense at all. Outside of Newton, their biggest threat is LaFell who's emerged as a very solid receiving threat. Should also get Rogers and Wright back for this game along with those who didnt play in the previous meeting. 49ers win their 8th in a row and steal another road playoff win 20-16.
LaFell is our third biggest threat in the passing game behind Smith and Olsen...

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Dont take this the wrong way but I LOVE YOU bud!!!

Perfectly sums up my thoughts too. I also find it funny that the Giants beat Brady, Belichick and the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl and after spygate, the Patriots havent been able to win a Super Bowl since.

On a side note - you said that your favorite teams have never won a championship. What's your favorite teams in all sports?
Meh you'd be hard pressed to find another team with a better chance to win the SB season in and season out regardless. Its stupid we got the 2nd seed this year, and could have been the 1 seed. Granted the AFC is super weak but this is one of the least talented patriots teams Ive seen coupled with some guys we lost for the season. We may not have won a SB since but we still compete for one year in and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:45 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
We may not have won a SB since but we still compete for one year in and out.
so you've become the 90's bills...
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so you've become the 90's bills...
From what I know of that teams era yes?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh you'd be hard pressed to find another team with a better chance to win the SB season in and season out regardless. Its stupid we got the 2nd seed this year, and could have been the 1 seed. Granted the AFC is super weak but this is one of the least talented patriots teams Ive seen coupled with some guys we lost for the season. We may not have won a SB since but we still compete for one year in and out.
Yeah but that's not a fun narrative. The Patriots haven't won a Superbowl in 9 years!!! They have been exposed.

Despite the fact they have been in the playoffs every year except 2008 when Brady went down 7 minutes into the season, and the fact that they still finished 11-5 that year.

Or the fact that they have been to the Superbowl twice in that timeframe, oh and can I just remind people that some teams haven't made the playoffs in over 10 years, and even more who haven't won a playoff game in over 10 years.

But no the Pats haven't won the Superbowl so it has been proven that since Spygate they're basically the Raiders!!!

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
From what I know of that teams era yes?
i just wanted to get in a dig by calling you the bills.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:09 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Playing alot better to end the year than people think, what against the texans and raiders?
Well, for one, the Pats surrendered 31 points to the Texans.

Anyways, against the Titans they only gave up 254 total yards. 2 turnovers and 2 sacks in that game.

Then the Texans and Raiders was just domination, but those were weak teams by then.

The defense isn't world beaters but they could be strong enough with that offense to win a Super Bowl with.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole "the Pats haven't won a SB since they stopped "spying" thing is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.

Yeah, they just made 2 SBs since then. And are a perennial AFCCG lock it seems. But yeah they're only good bc they "cheated".

Meanwhile 95% of the other teams out there haven't even sniffed their success over the last 7 years but yeah they were only good during their SB years bc they cheated. Yup.

The entire argument is just incredibly stupid. Yeah they haven't won a SB since 03. So? You know how hard it is to win a SB? People act like they should win it every year. Bc that's totally how football works. Their achievements since 2001 have been as dominant as the league has ever seen. They are the gold standard in this league when it comes to success whether we like it or not.

We all wish our teams could be the Patriots.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Well, for one, the Pats surrendered 31 points to the Texans.

Anyways, against the Titans they only gave up 254 total yards. 2 turnovers and 2 sacks in that game.

Then the Texans and Raiders was just domination, but those were weak teams by then.

The defense isn't world beaters but they could be strong enough with that offense to win a Super Bowl with.
Nothing to do with the Denver defense.

Titans aren't anything close to an offensive power to be considered as a testament to your defensive improvement either. I agree with that last part, but saying theyve played better in the latter part of the season isn't really saying much when you take into account the teams theyve played.

Quote:
You masked that so well.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-08-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
LaFell is our third biggest threat in the passing game behind Smith and Olsen...
I should have worded that differently. I see LaFell is the biggest threat this Sunday. Mainly because the defense will be more focused on Smith and Olsen leaving LaFell one on one majority of the time and I think that he can take advantage of that. Obviously hoping that doesnt happen but thats just my thinking.

Quote:
Patriots are a great team and will be as long as they have Brady/Belichick and play in the crappy AFC East. Their average at best division is what allows them to make the playoffs year in and year out. As long as the Patriots have B&B and the division stays average, the Patriots should always be in the playoffs.

My entire point is that regardless of what they do or dont do, I just find it funny that they havent won a Super Bowl post-spygate. Maybe, that has nothing to do with it, maybe it does. I dont know. All I know is that its funny because at the very least, you would think that they would have split with the Giants. Instead, they got beat and outplayed both times. Especially, in 2007, I wasnt expecting that. I was expecting Patriots to blowout the Giants.

Coincidence or whatever, I simply just find it funny that despite being in the playoffs every year since then and in the Super Bowl twice, you would think that Brady would have won his 4th already but he hasnt.

And you can say that yeah, you made it to the Super Bowl but as a 49ers fan, making it to the Super Bowl means nothing. Even other 49er fans will call me nuts and crazy but I would have preferred to lose to Atlanta than to lose in the Super Bowl which ended the franchise's 5-0 record.

If the 49ers get there again this year and lose again, I'll be more pissed off than Patriots fans were in 2007. Its one thing if you lose your first Super Bowl appearance but to be 5-0 and EXPECT to win based on the history and everything only to lose sucks.

Do I think that the 49ers should have won the Super Bowl last year? Hell yeah. Too much mouthing off by Moss, Culliver and others, the defense forgetting to show up in the first half and horrible play calling at the end caused the loss.

If SF gets in the Super Bowl this year, they better just shut the hell up and play the damn game. And both coordinators, Harbaugh, everyone better be playing their asses off from start to finish. Anything less and it will be a repeat of last year.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Bills they have a rich history and a fun team right now.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its one thing if you lose your first Super Bowl appearance but to be 5-0 and EXPECT to win based on the history and everything only to lose sucks.
How does being 5-0 in past Super Bowls make the 49ers more likely to win it going into last year's Super Bowl? Did Bill Walsh and 24 year old versions of Jerry Rice and Joe Montana play for SF last year?
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
He got two AFC east teams in one chop. njx can be flat out mean sometimes.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well yeah he's an assassin. They do those kind of things.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
How does being 5-0 in past Super Bowls make the 49ers more likely to win it going into last year's Super Bowl? Did Bill Walsh and 24 year old versions of Jerry Rice and Joe Montana play for SF last year?
The grammar police can confirm that Bill Walsh would not have been an effective player for the 49ers in this scenario.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The grammar police can confirm that Bill Walsh would not have been an effective player for the 49ers in this scenario.
Technically, my mistake was not with grammar; it was with wording.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This week is draaaaaaaagggging.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a quick discussion point.

Is it really right to have assistant coaches interview for head coaching jobs during the playoffs? I just read a blurb that Whiz is going to interview for the Lions job on Friday or Saturday. At a time of the year when every second of preparation mattes, doesn't that seem a little wrong? It's a life-changing, multi-million dollar interview, which, let's face it - SHOULD be his priority over simply helping his team win a playoff game.

I understand why it happens but it would just rub me the wrong way if I were on the team. It's a lot on someone's plate to prepare for such an interview besides the physical travel/time it takes to be there for it. When the rest of the entire organization is 100% focused and spending every single waking hour on the upcoming game.

I wouldn't want my OC or DC flying to Detroit (of all places) for a life-changing interview during a huge playoff week. I really don't think I'm overstating it either. It's a big deal.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

And here's how Keenan Lewis is preparing for the game...

Old 01-08-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

And this exists:

http://didpercyharvinpracticetoday.tumblr.com/
Old 01-08-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And here's how Keenan Lewis is preparing for the game...

that's Desean Jackson kneeling down too.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

"Percy is playing."
- Pete Carroll
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10266254&top&wjb=

I really liked this article on Mannings playoff struggles. and it raises an interesting point.
DcmRulz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On phone, double post. interested to see how healed Harvin is. Wilson really needs him.

Last edited by DcmRulz : 01-09-2014 at 09:28 PM.
DcmRulz is online now   Reply With Quote