Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:24 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lovely. triple post

Last edited by DcmRulz : 01-09-2014 at 09:27 PM.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:33 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

and your link doesn't work.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harvin's going to return kicks too. He returned one kick all year and it was the longest of the year.

It's going to be very interesting to see how they utilize him on offense. I can't remember any situation quite like this where a new player doesn't really play in the regular season but then returns for the playoffs. It's logical to think they won't have much chemistry, but will that even matter? It's very interesting.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:20 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Harvin playing is more of a negative than a positive because there's no chemistry between him and Russell. I think that Russell may force the ball to Harvin early to get him going but that could also turn into mistakes. Seahawks have had great chemistry and momentum without Harvin so its definitely going to be interesting to see what happens especially if they force the ball to him.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:58 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
and your link doesn't work.
Welp, then my post was just one big fail.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...ne-dones-fault
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I think Harvin playing is more of a negative than a positive because there's no chemistry between him and Russell. I think that Russell may force the ball to Harvin early to get him going but that could also turn into mistakes. Seahawks have had great chemistry and momentum without Harvin so its definitely going to be interesting to see what happens especially if they force the ball to him.

I don't see Wilson trying to force the ball to Harvin. Wilson rarely forces throws, that's just not his style. The offense has struggled the past few weeks, Harvin will give the opposing team something else to worry about even if he doesn't get the ball. Could open up a lot of plays for Tate and Lynch.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:25 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Welp, then my post was just one big fail.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...ne-dones-fault
that's a horrendous article, even by espn's sub-basement-level standards. not even arguing with the premise, but the writing is bad, the "analysis" (if you want to call it that) is junior high level, the conclusions don't match the data, and most of it is the author just saying something without any actual evidence or attempt to back up his statement.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Manning blame scale. You really are ruining sports ESPN.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That guy should go to hell and spend eternity choking on a giant AIDS-ridden unwashed dong for writing that article. That was truly pathetic.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read that article. I agree. Manning is average in the playoffs at best. Eight times he's been one and done. I didnt even know it was that high until I read that article.

MANNING is the greatest REGULAR SEASON QUARTERBACK of ALL TIME. Playoffs, he's the complete opposite. Eli is better than Peyton come playoff time and as much as im not a Giants fan, I cant even argue that.

Manning is overrated plain and simple. People look at what he does in the regular season more than the playoffs which makes no sense. Playoffs and the Super Bowl is where you leave your mark in history. Not the regular season.

Cant wait for tomorrow and all the playoff games. What an awesome weekend this is going to be.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:35 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just read that article. I agree. Manning is average in the playoffs at best. Eight times he's been one and done. I didnt even know it was that high until I read that article.

MANNING is the greatest REGULAR SEASON QUARTERBACK of ALL TIME. Playoffs, he's the complete opposite. Eli is better than Peyton come playoff time and as much as im not a Giants fan, I cant even argue that.

Manning is overrated plain and simple. People look at what he does in the regular season more than the playoffs which makes no sense. Playoffs and the Super Bowl is where you leave your mark in history. Not the regular season.

Cant wait for tomorrow and all the playoff games. What an awesome weekend this is going to be.
I wish people would stop pointing all the blame on Manning. It is ridiculous.
You aren't going to win many games when your defense gives up 150+ yards, 200+ yards, etc.

Not to mention, several times he set his team up to win/tie only to see his kicker miss a field goal or his defense blow it. But hey, lets blame Peyton because it is all his fault.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:52 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Not to mention, several times he set his team up to win/tie only to see his kicker miss a field goal or his defense blow it. But hey, lets blame Peyton because it is all his fault.
If by several you mean twice then yes. However, the first time was a missed 49 yard FG in OT after Vanderjagt hit a 50 yard FG in the 4th.

The Pittsburgh game was only close because the refs inexplicably overturned that Manning pick that would have iced the game at 5:00 left down by 11. The Vanderjagt "Idiot Kicker" storyline is a nice one, but in reality doesn't do much to deflect blame away from Manning in either case.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN was practically preparing us to not blame Peyton if they lose. "This isn't a referendum on Peyton's career," "If they lose it won't be on Peyton," and "the Chargers know how to win without beating Peyton" have all been heard in the last day.

I'm not expecting them to lose. But it's nice to see ESPN is atleast prepared to not blame Peyton no matter how it goes.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 01-11-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think he needs another SB win to keep the controversy at bay, or his playoff record will always be brought up when discussing him. If he can win another SB, then he clearly belongs in any mention of the top 5 QB's of all time, if he doesn't, he won't be in my top 5.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Indy, Denver, San Fran and New Orleans winning this week. I know it's near impossible to beat Seattle at home, but I just don't see the Saints losing twice to the Hawks.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:02 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both games will be very windy and very rainy.

Many people are saying this somehow helps the Seahawks. I disagree. I think poor conditions are an equalizer because it make some cuts difficult and randomly poor and fumbles unpredictable. I think it benefits the inferior team, in this case the Saints. I'd feel more confident if the conditions were expected to be fine.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

It's ******* hilarious that LaGarrette Blount will be a key player in the AFC playoffs this year.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donald Brown is averaging 3.28 yards after first contact, while Richardson is averaging 1.90 yards. Richardson is ******* awful no excuses.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:19 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photo...c-c75f05e604a1

Worth watching. Although the "nobody believed in me" thing for NFL players is always overstated.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little pre game lightning show in Seattle. Hopefully it lets up in time for the game.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
A little pre game lightning show in Seattle. Hopefully it lets up in time for the game.
It would have been quite the horror show if they had played the game in the middle of last night. The wind had to have been around 50 mph and it was like a quagmire as far as the rain goes.

Clear and breezy at the moment. Next weather forecast at 11.

As of 1030 am it's turned pretty ****** around here again. Windy and wet Seattle type weather. Shocking.

Last edited by Babylon : 01-11-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
It's ******* hilarious that LaGarrette Blount will be a key player in the AFC playoffs this year.
Its borderline pathetic that hes a difference maker for our offense right now since Brady has no one to throw to worth a damn and Ridley fumbles far too much to be leaned on. Behind Brady and Vereen Blount is probably the next most important guy, maybe edelmen. Its ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Its borderline pathetic that hes a difference maker for our offense right now since Brady has no one to throw to worth a damn and Ridley fumbles far too much to be leaned on. Behind Brady and Vereen Blount is probably the next most important guy, maybe edelmen. Its ridiculous.
Funny thing is the weather here and in Boston looks about the same. Better than frigid back there but the wind could be troublesome. In Seattle we've entered the monsoon season again.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Saints @ Seahawks

Look for:
- Kenny Stills behind Sherman/Chancellor down the right sideline. Broken up, picked off, or he goes for a big gain - a turning point either way.
- A Marshawn Lynch fumble.
- Jimmy Graham against Malcom Smith.
- Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett messing with Terron Armstead.
- A missed FG or two.
- More confusion from the Saints offense.
- Russell Wilson rushing for back-breaking first downs.

Seahawks win 23-10.

Colts @ Patriots

Look for:
- A heavy dose of LaGarrette Blount.
- A strip-sack by Robert Mathis.
- A costly drop by Shane Vereen.
- Brady to struggle.
- A successful Colts running attack by Luck, Donald Brown and... nevermind just those two.
- Griff Whalen in the slot with a couple of key catches.
- Vinatieri to walk off in OT.

Colts 23, Patriots 20 OT

49ers at Panthers
Look for:
- A low scoring game early.
- A long Ted Ginn Jr. TD.
- Some poor throws by both QBs.
- Two high from the 49ers the entire game until the final possession in an almost mirror image situation from last year in Atlanta. They go to cover 3 and Cam finds Brandon Lafell on a scramble.

Panthers 21, 49ers 20

Chargers @ Broncos
Look for:
- A huge drop or fumble from Wes Welker and/or Eric Decker.
- Brilliance from Philip Rivers.
- Red zone dominance from D.J. Fluker.
- Corey Luiget and Shareece Wright to make huge defensive plays.
- A controversial holding call on Orlando Franklin to take back a huge TD pass from Manning to Decker.

Chargers 31, Broncos 27
Old 01-11-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Oh and don't be surprised to see a lightning delay in Seattle.