Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers and Seahawks best rivalry? That's been a rivalry for how long now? Two seasons? Compare that to Steelers vs Browns/Ravens and Bears/Packers. At least wait until either Harbaugh or Carroll beats the other on the road before calling it the best rivalry in the NFL.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harbaugh won in Seattle 2 years ago.

Carroll is 2-4 against Harbaugh.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's funny how when two teams become good, it automatically becomes a rivalry.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you two serious?

It's undoubtedly the best rivalry in the NFL. Every great rivalry starts somewhere. Yes, both teams being good is a huge factor in that. But there's history between the head coaches, the players talk **** to each other and the games are as hard-hitting as any in the NFL, the QBs did that publicity stunt, same division, constantly stealing each others players, trying to one-up each other with moves, etc. etc.

No one is saying it's some historic thing. But it doesn't need to be. It's a budding rivalry and as long as Harbaugh and Carroll are there and they're in the same division, and they're both good, it's going to be a huge deal.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Can we reasonably place blame on Whisenhunt not being focused on his current team with how flat the offense came out?
It's pure speculation. The gameplan looks good on paper pre-game, slow the game down with the run and possession ball. The Broncos Offense out-executed the bolts D on the same game plan though (which shortened the game further), and without Mathews it was a big ask. Schematically and effort-wise, I personally do not have any problems with how the game played out. With 20/20 hindsight you'd do some things differently, but that's every game.

I've never been so pumped going into an offseason as I am right now, love the makeup of our team, love the coaching and the management, and love that we have an amazing foundation to build upon in what was a surprisingly successful 2013. NT CB LT OLB OG WR2/3 in the draft/FA is my prioritized wishlist.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Are you two serious?

It's undoubtedly the best rivalry in the NFL. Every great rivalry starts somewhere. Yes, both teams being good is a huge factor in that. But there's history between the head coaches, the players talk **** to each other and the games are as hard-hitting as any in the NFL, the QBs did that publicity stunt, same division, constantly stealing each others players, trying to one-up each other with moves, etc. etc.

No one is saying it's some historic thing. But it doesn't need to be. It's a budding rivalry and as long as Harbaugh and Carroll are there and they're in the same division, and they're both good, it's going to be a huge deal.
I wouldn't necessarily say that the rivalry is the best one. Is it the freshest, and does it have the best storylines, probably. However, the games so far haven't delivered as quality of a product as Manning-Brady or Pittsburgh-Baltimore games have. That can certainly change, and I would expect it to as time progresses, but the history of the other rivalries has been a matter of legacies and championships over a number of years. San Fran and Seattle has been over division titles for 2 seasons.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you two serious?

Absolutely, Carroll and Harbaugh have hated each other since the USC/Stanford days, and that has carried on to the NFL. The players hate each other, they are arguably the 2 best teams top to bottom in the NFL and both teams play with an attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
It's pure speculation. The gameplan looks good on paper pre-game, slow the game down with the run and possession ball. The Broncos Offense out-executed the bolts D on the same game plan though (which shortened the game further), and without Mathews it was a big ask. Schematically and effort-wise, I personally do not have any problems with how the game played out. With 20/20 hindsight you'd do some things differently, but that's every game.

I've never been so pumped going into an offseason as I am right now, love the makeup of our team, love the coaching and the management, and love that we have an amazing foundation to build upon in what was a surprisingly successful 2013. NT CB LT OLB OG WR2/3 in the draft/FA is my prioritized wishlist.
I'm sorry but no, it was no 20/20 hindsight. When you get casual football fans asking what the hell the chargers are doing on offense in only the second quarter you know youre doing it wrong. They literally didn't even attempt to adapt to that game until the 4th quarter when they didnt have a choice at that point. It was just an awful gameplan on offense after Mathews went down to not let Rivers do his thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
it's funny how when two teams become good, it automatically becomes a rivalry.
Sf / Seattle has been a riveraly before we were even this good back to the early 2000's to even 2005 .. It just never got this much media attention before because neither team were making the play offs that much.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:04 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily say that the rivalry is the best one. Is it the freshest, and does it have the best storylines, probably. However, the games so far haven't delivered as quality of a product as Manning-Brady or Pittsburgh-Baltimore games have. That can certainly change, and I would expect it to as time progresses, but the history of the other rivalries has been a matter of legacies and championships over a number of years. San Fran and Seattle has been over division titles for 2 seasons.
I agree. SF/SEA is the freshest and most intriguing rivalry right now but I'm not sure it's the best in the league yet. It needs more time to really sink in but it is outstanding so far. The hate from the coaches really trickles down. I do think there is a lack of high quality close games. There are too many one sided games at each home stadium. (Homer) BAL/PIT games are typically always with in a field goal. That recent thanksgiving game is a great example.

Not a bad rivalry at all but it is still budding. It needs more time and signature moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a fair speculation. Nothing more, nothing less.
The guy was talking to 4-5 different teams and flying all over the country when he was supposed to be preparing his offense for a winnable game. If nothing else, it showed a lack of respect for the Chargers players, coaching staff, and organization. If all those teams really want you, they can wait until you're done. I absolutely hate when coaches do that. It's completely poor form.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See, he did nothing wrong. You could argue against the system, which I'd agree with.

But you can't fault a guy for doing what's necessary to secure a multi-million dollar job opportunity that is in his best interest. That's ridiculous. Any sane person would do what it takes to get a multi-million dollar raise and a better job. Come on.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See, he did nothing wrong. You could argue against the system, which I'd agree with.

But you can't fault a guy for doing what's necessary to secure a multi-million dollar job opportunity that is in his best interest. That's ridiculous. Any sane person would do what it takes to get a multi-million dollar raise and a better job. Come on.
Adam Gase told everyone to wait so he could focus on trying to win a superbowl. He even had a bye week when he could have interviewed.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Adam Gase told everyone to wait so he could focus on trying to win a superbowl. He even had a bye week when he could have interviewed.
And there's no way of knowing if that will cost him a head-coaching job.

And you aren't allowed to interview during the Wild Card round.