Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 02-11-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Alright, we're starting over.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Alright, we're starting over.
No Postfor the Topic Exists sucks so much.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

i love jim brown!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

Crow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So...like...wuh happen?
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow
So...like...wuh happen?
click on the old Cleveland Discussion thread.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
CherryGarcia510
Rookie

CherryGarcia510 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

thank god. It was really pissing me off only seeing no posts exist for this topic

props to Eaglez. Fan on the sig
CherryGarcia510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So...like...wuh happen?
awesome sig

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

so then, refering to the baxter getting cut statement. i think its unlikly. we pay him to much money and his contract is no where near being over. the cap hit would be ridiculous.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Westbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21
so then, refering to the baxter getting cut statement. i think its unlikly. we pay him to much money and his contract is no where near being over. the cap hit would be ridiculous.
Plus he'll be on IR anyways...

No way will he come back next year like he seems to think.

GLAD TO HAVE A BROWNS DISCUSSION AGAIN!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

Crow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Quote:
So...like...wuh happen?
The Raiders thread does that sometimes when you click on the last page number...or sometimes after you post. Weird.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Westbourne

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Quote:
So...like...wuh happen?
The Raiders thread does that sometimes when you click on the last page number...or sometimes after you post. Weird.
I PM'ed pats-lions about it. I couldn't get into the Browns thread at all. Pages 1-26 were all off limit, just came up with the no posts exist error for me.

Hopefully it won't happen again, 8)
Old 02-11-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Cwood8899

Everything was on page 22
Old 02-12-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
GoldenBoy

I was thinking about what Rob Chudzinski has in mind for Cleveland's offense after reading this article: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=6414

Rob Chudzinski:
"I've always been around and been exposed to attacking-style offenses that are built on a balance of run and pass and that utilize the talents of the guys that are part of that offense. Giving those guys a chance to make plays for you in an attacking style is basically what we've talked primarily about."

It's not very specific about what he wants to do with Cleveland's offense next year. I'd like to hear speculation about what style he'll likely gravitate towards and what he may think we should draft to fit his style.

I know he's likely to have Winslow heavily involved since he has been a TE coach.

I wonder if he'll use the FB like an H-Back or if he'll go with a traditional run blocking scheme like San Diego had with Lorenzo Neal.

If we do keep Frye as our starter, what kind of offense would play to Frye's talents?

I'd love to hear opinions!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
GoldenBoy

I always find it interesting when people make mock drafts around "perfect scenerios". I'd love to have a guy like Carriker fall to us in the 2nd round, but I don't think thats realistic at all. I've heard fans of other teams talk about wanting him for thier first round pick, so if we want him we'll definately have to trade up... best way to do that is trade down. I would love a draft where we trade down and get Lynch for our RB (or even snag Branch a few picks later) and have some picks to use to trade back up into the end of the first round and get Carriker, or even Staley at OT if his draft stock keeps rising.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: Dream Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBN570
I always find it interesting when people make mock drafts around "perfect scenerios". I'd love to have a guy like Carriker fall to us in the 2nd round, but I don't think thats realistic at all. I've heard fans of other teams talk about wanting him for thier first round pick, so if we want him we'll definately have to trade up... best way to do that is trade down. I would love a draft where we trade down and get Lynch for our RB (or even snag Branch a few picks later) and have some picks to use to trade back up into the end of the first round and get Carriker, or even Staley at OT if his draft stock keeps rising.
I've lobbying to take Peterson in the first, then trade up to the early 20s using our 2nd and 3rd round picks to nab Carriker. Probably be hard to find a partner, but the points work.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
dlions20

The Browns schedule is out for 2007, not official time or dates yet, but heres the opponents.

ALL THE DIVISIONAL TEAMS plus....
Buffalo Bills
New England Pats
Miami Dolphins
NY Jets
San Fran 49ers
Arizona Cardinals
Seatlle Seahawks
St Loius Rams
Houston Texans
Oakland Raiders

Out of those games if we improve this offseason and play to our potential with little injuries, we could win 7 of those 10 games.

I was happy to see the 49ers, Cardinals, Texans, and Raiders on the list, not because they will still be bad, but they are at our competition level and will help us build comfidence.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
dlions20

Also I was watching a highlight of Wimbley on the Browns site and one of his sacks this year was vs. rookie LT Marcus Mcneal. It was impressive to see.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya
The Browns schedule is out for 2007, not official time or dates yet, but heres the opponents.

ALL THE DIVISIONAL TEAMS plus....
Buffalo Bills
New England Pats
Miami Dolphins
NY Jets
San Fran 49ers
Arizona Cardinals
Seatlle Seahawks
St Loius Rams
Houston Texans
Oakland Raiders

Out of those games if we improve this offseason and play to our potential with little injuries, we could win 7 of those 10 games.

I was happy to see the 49ers, Cardinals, Texans, and Raiders on the list, not because they will still be bad, but they are at our competition level and will help us build comfidence.

Uh Oh, i can only confidently say we will win 2 non divisional games. Its too hard to tell now, but if lined up and played today...it wouldn't be pretty.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

i cant even say who we could beat. every year browns fans are saying "we'll be better next year" "this is our .500 year" "we're on the turn around" this scedule looks tougher than last years already rough schedule. i am glad to see we play that Pats. it'll give us a good idea at how we look at a consistantly good team. also, i'm glad we play the niners, as i am somewhat of a niner fan also.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

well at least we dont play the super bowl champs this year like we have since weve been back in the league

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Fresh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey guys I'm new and a huge Brown's fan so I'll be on here quite a bit.
Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Cwood8899

How come a lot of mock drafts have us getting a CB? To me Cornerback isn't a big need for the browns and should maybe be filled later, if not already done through FA.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
ClevelandDave

I've gotta say that I've enjoyed reading all (most) of your stuff, gents. Lots of interesting analysis.

Since you all are way ahead of me on the details, I'd like to get your feedback on a few items. Hopefully, you'll make it all clear to someone who's more overview oriented

1. I read a piece lately that pins Quinn's poor performance in meaningful games on his team. The old "he had to pass all day 'cause they had no D and his O-line had him hurried against strong Ds" take. Do you think that this situation differs much from what he'd have with the Brownies?

2. Are you giving up on Droughns when he had 1,000+ in '05? Do you think he's that degraded in one year or was it the O-line in 2006? With our O-line, would AP have more success than a veteran NFL 1,000 rusher?

3. Arguably, our biggest impact player on D is Wimbley. Even if you don't think so for '06, he will be soon. He's all upside. We grabbed him at 13, right? This draft isn't so weak that it's all in the top 5, is it?

Most of you want the impact O player, Quinn or Petersen but can this O-line be fixed enough in FA and 1 pick per round that they won't be a waste? Bad O-line = Couch/Green....Good O-line = Kosar-Sipe/Mack-Byner
Old 02-13-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Question for everyone: I really wanted to get Lavar last year over Willie but that didn't happen. Any chance we make a offer to him this year and get him a little cheaper? I really think he fits the bill of an OLB in the 3-4 and would have another year to learn from Willie.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote