Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is possible but I think he wants those records for sure. There is even an outside chance he could break both the TD and yardage records in one more season, counting the post-season.

400 x 3 post-season games (maybe not probable, but possible) = 5674 to go

If he were to "only" pass for 4800 yards next year that would mean he'd have to accrue 875 post-season yards to break the yardage record. Not necessarily likely, but do-able.

If that situation were to happen, especially if one or both years he won the SB, I do think he'd retire.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I think he really wants those records, and I think any of us would as well.
I like how he pretends like it doesnt matter though, like personal achievements mean nothing...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He's probably not going to be Brett Favre, but he'll stick around 2 more years to get those records. Why wouldn't he? The Broncos aren't losing anything this off-season and are likely to only get better. He really wants to catch Brady's rings, too.
arent they probably losing decker and slowshon?
Old 01-10-2014, 01:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope to god Manning wants to become a coach after playing... He would probably be one of the biggest unknown and highly sought after coaches ever.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have my doubts about Manning as a coach. He's exceptional but doesn't strike me as much of a teacher or the kind of guy players would be willing to listen to long-term.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-10-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I have my doubts about Manning as a coach. He's exceptional but doesn't strike me as much of a teacher or the kind of guy players would be willing to listen to long-term.
He's quite possibly the smartest player of all time, I am sure players would have no problem listening to him. Also, his resume doesn't hurt.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is possible but I think he wants those records for sure. There is even an outside chance he could break both the TD and yardage records in one more season, counting the post-season.

400 x 3 post-season games (maybe not probable, but possible) = 5674 to go

If he were to "only" pass for 4800 yards next year that would mean he'd have to accrue 875 post-season yards to break the yardage record. Not necessarily likely, but do-able.

If that situation were to happen, especially if one or both years he won the SB, I do think he'd retire.
Playoffs don't count when talking about all time records.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Playoffs don't count when talking about all time records.
Really? Huh. I'm surprised both that I didn't know and that that is true.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-10-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be a great coach. He's been an offensive coordinator for years already. He's probably the closest thing we've seen to a player-coach in the modern era; it's just not a title given to him in his contract.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure they'd listen to him. He'd have no problem chewing someone a new asshole if they didn't.

As to whether he'd be a good teacher...who knows? A lot of the time, the really smart, really good players are terrible coaches. That goes for every sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
He would be a great coach. He's been an offensive coordinator for years already. He's probably the closest thing we've seen to a player-coach in the modern era; it's just not a title given to him in his contract.
But can he run an offense with a bad, average, or merely "capable" QB? He's always had the best one in the NFL, so we don't know that. You give him an RG3, and he might have him standing like a statue in the pocket trying to throw perfectly-aimed passes for all we know, and if he did, that wouldn't end well.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-10-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:55 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Irsay seems like he's crazy enough to try and bring Manning in as a head coach.
crossroads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I'm sure they'd listen to him. He'd have no problem chewing someone a new asshole if they didn't.
I think it's the ass chewing that would eventually get guys on the team rolling their eyes when he talked.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-10-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton has waaaay too cozy of a broadcasting job lined up ahead of him for him to consider putting in the kind of hours it would take to be an assistant coach. I could see him doing consulting work, but I doubt he'd go the coaching route.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But can he run an offense with a bad, average, or merely "capable" QB? He's always had the best one in the NFL, so we don't know that. You give him an RG3, and he might have him standing like a statue in the pocket trying to throw perfectly-aimed passes for all we know, and if he did, that wouldn't end well.
I don't think Peyton would want to limit a quarterback, but what he would focus on is knowing the defense he was facing and the potential of the offense to counter it. That's what makes Russell Wilson so effective; he has the ability to improvise in addition to understanding what is happening. It makes his improvisation more effective. Peyton has never been a strong improviser, which is what hurts him in the playoffs; when he's facing the best teams, it's more about whether he can beat matchups where he doesn't necessarily have an intellectual advantage. He has to straight up beat teams with his arm, which is good but not necessarily special. What's made Peyton special has always been his brain, so the way I see it, pairing that knowledge and competitive drive with a gifted athlete is a great way to help that athlete reach his potential. Nobody's going to teach anybody athleticism, but Peyton knows everything else and you know he's not going to let anybody slack off. And who knows, maybe Peyton wouldn't like coaching Robert Griffin. There's surely other coaches out there who wouldn't either. Griffin seems to think he can beat people using only his athleticism, and it's holding him back. All young quarterbacks need to be taught the NFL game, and the young ones that are thriving, like Luck and Wilson, are clearly students of the game in addition to being great athletes, and I can only imagine success if Peyton was to mentor them. They'd soak that up like a sponge and then be able to implement that learning in a way Peyton never could due to his athletic limitations.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Peyton would want to limit a quarterback, but what he would focus on is knowing the defense he was facing and the potential of the offense to counter it. That's what makes Russell Wilson so effective; he has the ability to improvise in addition to understanding what is happening. It makes his improvisation more effective. Peyton has never been a strong improviser, which is what hurts him in the playoffs; when he's facing the best teams, it's more about whether he can beat matchups where he doesn't necessarily have an intellectual advantage. He has to straight up beat teams with his arm, which is good but not necessarily special. What's made Peyton special has always been his brain, so the way I see it, pairing that knowledge and competitive drive with a gifted athlete is a great way to help that athlete reach his potential. Nobody's going to teach anybody athleticism, but Peyton knows everything else and you know he's not going to let anybody slack off. And who knows, maybe Peyton wouldn't like coaching Robert Griffin. There's surely other coaches out there who wouldn't either. Griffin seems to think he can beat people using only his athleticism, and it's holding him back. All young quarterbacks need to be taught the NFL game, and the young ones that are thriving, like Luck and Wilson, are clearly students of the game in addition to being great athletes, and I can only imagine success if Peyton was to mentor them. They'd soak that up like a sponge and then be able to implement that learning in a way Peyton never could due to his athletic limitations.
The track record for HoFers who made great coaches is pretty small, the reason is simple, my brother-in-law is a computer genius, but whenever he opens his mouth to talk about computers, he forgets that few people are on his level and doesn't remember how he got where he is, he just knows it but cannot teach it unless you are just below his level or already at his level.
No saying he couldn't make the adjustment, just saying experience shows HoFers for the most part fail as HC's.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The track record for HoFers who made great coaches is pretty small, the reason is simple, my brother-in-law is a computer genius, but whenever he opens his mouth to talk about computers, he forgets that few people are on his level and doesn't remember how he got where he is, he just knows it but cannot teach it unless you are just below his level or already at his level.
No saying he couldn't make the adjustment, just saying experience shows HoFers for the most part fail as HC's.
Not the greatest example but look at Michael Jordan the owner. He is dreadful

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No way. Manning doesn't even think like that. He's a robot with one purpose. Daddy made sure of that when he robbed him of his childhood.

Awwww. It's cute how you think the Niners aren't going to get spanked by Seattle.
It's also cute how he said "pass" San Diego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
He's quite possibly the smartest player of all time, I am sure players would have no problem listening to him. Also, his resume doesn't hurt.
Jason Kidd is one of the smartest NBA players ever, and he looks like a lost dog in Brooklyn. You can't just apply the player to coach logic so easily.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's tough to coach a player won't be half as good as you were. Manning in a class of his own mentally so it would be hard for him to understand how another QB can play play to his expectations. I bet Manning thinks he doesn't play to his own expectations. He always looks disappointed if a drive isn't a TD.

On the other hand I'd love ray Lewis to come coach linebackers once he is comfortable away from t.he game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

There's already precedent for quarterbacks becoming good coaches, and it makes sense, since part of playing the position is having to know the entire offense. Jim Harbaugh was a quarterback, the Grudens were college quarterbacks, Gary Kubiak, Jason Garrett, etc. Jim Zorn wasn't great, obviously. You already hear about Peyton organizing workouts and stuff all the time, he's obviously respected as a leader, and younger players like Demaryius Thomas talk about how much he improves their game through teaching them route concepts and professional habits. That sounds like coaching to me.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 01-10-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's already precedent for quarterbacks becoming good coaches, and it makes sense, since part of playing the position is having to know the entire offense. Jim Harbaugh was a quarterback, the Grudens were college quarterbacks, etc. You already hear about Peyton organizing workouts and stuff all the time, he's obviously respected as a leader, and younger players like Demaryius Thomas talk about how much he improves their game through teaching them route concepts and professional habits. That sounds like coaching to me.
So, mediocre QBs make good coaches? I don't see Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, etc. coaching people.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So, mediocre QBs make good coaches? I don't see Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, etc. coaching people.
Brett Favre just coached a high school team to a state title in Mississippi with the state's best offense.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Caulibflower made a list of guys who played quarterback and end up being very good coaches. The guys on your list are not coaches, nor did they trie to become one, so I don't see the point in bringing them to the conversation.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
Caulibflower made a list of guys who played quarterback and end up being very good coaches. The guys on your list are not coaches, nor did they trie to become one, so I don't see the point in bringing them to the conversation.
Come to think of it, there aren't that many top QBs who have even tried becoming coaches. Possibly because they've all already made more than way too much money in their career, whereas the career backups, especially in the 90's and before, didn't make all that much.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Come to think of it, there aren't that many top QBs who have even tried becoming coaches. Possibly because they've all already made more than way too much money in their career, whereas the career backups, especially in the 90's and before, didn't make all that much.
A lot of coaches are guys who weren't satisfied with their careers. (at all levels.) Honestly, I expect Peyton to step back from the game after he retires, and I'd expect to see him back as a TV analyst much sooner than as a coach. He's already on TV a lot, and his "light at the end of the tunnel" comments give the impression that he's looking forward to getting out of the grind pretty soon. If he moved to coaching, he'd be putting himself right back in it. All the coaches who are analysts seem to be pretty happy with those jobs. I just think he'd be a good coach if he wanted to be.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton and Eli will 5 SB's as HC/OC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote