Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Who do you prefer?
Jarvis Landry 15 28.85%
Odell Beckham, Jr 37 71.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2014, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jarvis Landry or Odell Beckham, Jr?

Which do you prefer and why?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The answer is obviously Jarvis Landry for me, and I think he looks like a first round pick. I just see Odell Beckham, Jr ranked as a better prospect in several places and want to see if anyone here wants to make that case. Jarvis Landry, to me, is a complete receiver with good size, good speed and RAC ability, and is fantastic at playing the ball in the air. I was watching a bunch of Mettenberger film tonight (who I would definitely take over Carr), so I saw a lot of both of them, and while Beckham has some nice speed, I think he padded his stats a little against inferior teams while Landry was the team's go-to receiver. He is so, so good at coming down with passes in traffic, and that's a hallmark NFL trait. I'm very impressed with him.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Jarvis Landry vs Marquise Lee might be a better discussion.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:38 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with pretty much all of that (including Mettenberger over Carr). Landry's ability to work the slot and the boundary is also a huge bonus. He's a QB's best friend: knows how to uncover against man or zone, catches the ball in traffic, and he's an underrated athlete. His physicality is also a huge plus. He has some Hines Ward to him.

He's my favorite WR in the draft (not to be confused with best).
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:51 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm picking Landry as well, for reasons already stated by others.
Landry is 5th in my WR rankings atm, and will be a solid pick in late round 1/early round 2 imo.

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 02-12-2014 at 07:02 PM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, going for Beckham here, Landry reminds me of LaFell and Randle of previous years, good possesion WR that works better out of the slot, dosn't have the explosion to get out of jams or the downfield to seperate.

Beckham has that ability to break it plus you are getting ST's out of him.

Yes Landry is mre pollished and better hands, but Beckham has the speed, game break and upside to surpass Landry. Beckham for me is the 4th WR in this draft then Robinson/Benjamin following.

I would rather see a comparision between Adams and Landry
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:42 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not as sold as most on landry and beckham adds a ton in special teams. kinda depends on what your team needs i guess. all things being equal i like the more versatile beckham

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the are very close, the Combine should sort them out. I voted for Beckham who I think has more speed and is shiftier. He can also return kicks which is an added benefit.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:44 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both players but I love Beckham's game more. I'll be interested to see his timed measurables because on tape he looks fast, shifty and athletic. Plus the versatility. I personally like him 3rd right after Watkins and Lee.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

I have a feeling that Beckham isn't going to time significantly faster than Landry, if he's faster at all. Landry's got some wheels, too. I think he's just a smoother athlete so he can be a little deceptive. they used him on a lot of screens and short routes, too, and he's got great acceleration and a legitimate, NFL burst. There were a number of times when defenders would take a bad angle on him and he'd get around the corner for a long gain down the sideline, which seems to suggest that he's moving faster than he looks. He's just very smooth in his movements. No wasted motion.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:08 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if one of the teams at the end of the first (the best teams) like Landry enough to draft him there. He impresses me as a guy who bad teams would undervalue and good teams would appreciate. His versatility and attention to detail - along with his underrated athleticism and physicality - are going to make some QB very happy. He'd be a great fit in Denver, Seattle, New England, San Francisco, etc.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing is for sure, this WR draft is quite strong through the top 10-12. Guys 3-9 could go in just about any order depending on workouts, scheme etc
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see how the perform at the combine but at this point I prefer Beckham. Beckham reminds me of Randall Cobb as a guy who's known for being athletic and shifty but is actually more physical than people realize. Everyone has mentioned how good Landry is at making contested catches but Beckham has made quite a few of those this year as well. I don't see either of them as first rounders though.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also see Cobb, very much so
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

Cobb= Beckham i made the same comparison in the compare thread. but at the end of the first, i really want the panthers to have a long look at OBJ. he is a lot more physical for his size, and plucks the ball out the air with looks like some huge hands for a guy with that size. comes off press coverage with good speed and strength, and runs routes on every level of the field.

but i am also a Landry fan, he catches every damn thing. like others have said, very smooth athlete, and i think he comes out and runs a decent 40 that make people say wow. Landry looks 10x better to me then LaFell. i would take either on the panthers squad.

Last edited by Dacitykats : 02-07-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's Beckham, but it's not by much. Both have very good hands, but I think Beckham's second gear gives him the edge over Landry. Just a little better deep speed and still has above average leaping ability. Both are borderline first round talents though IMO.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 02-07-2014 at 05:39 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Javzz
Veteran

Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As an LSU fan, I worry about Landry's ability to create separation. He's elite with the ball in the air, but his lack of size and quickness is worrisome. Really tough player though.

Beckham's elite. He can run all the routes, create separation, great YAC, very aggressive with the ball in the air. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't make an impact in the NFL.

rainbeaukid
Javzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both are very talented prospects 2nd or 3rd is where both go and I see Mettenberger will go in the same range as well.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Both are very talented prospects 2nd or 3rd is where both go and I see Mettenberger will go in the same range as well.
I don't know, Beckham is a pretty dynamic WR, a game breaker IMO and could easily sneak into the end of round 1.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beckham's a track guy, so I think he'll time pretty well. High 4.3's or low 4.4's. Landry will probably be around 4.5. But on the field, they're both decently quick. I liken Beckham to Cruz and Landry to Boldin. I would like both on my team, but I think preference depends on what fits. They compliment each other well.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They definitely complement each other well, and I agree preference depends on what a given team needs. When I've watched Landry I haven't really seen him run in open field so it's tough to get a sense for his speed, will be interesting to see how he runs.

One of the other things with Landry vs. Beckham is in the limited amount I watched Landry operated out of the slot quite a bit. It'll be interesting if teams view him as a guy who will play mostly in the slot at the next level or if he's got the skill set to operate outside as well - which would really increase his value. He certainly didn't look too bad when he was lined up outside, but again that wasn't all that often. I would think Beckham on the other hand certainly can operate outside and can likely play the slot as well.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odell Beckham JR for me. I want the Ravens to look into taking him at 16/17. He fits exactly what we are looking for a good YAC WR. Plus him being able to go deep will be good for Flacco and his arm.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Bearfan21
Rookie

Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Beckham has definitely moved up to become a late first rounder. With the incredible WR depth in this class Mixed with his combine I see Landry as a 3rd rounder.
Bearfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfan21 View Post
I believe Beckham has definitely moved up to become a late first rounder. With the incredible WR depth in this class Mixed with his combine I see Landry as a 3rd rounder.
Totally agree. Landry, Robinson and Lee sort of seeing their stock drop this weekend.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jarvis Landry is gonna be a steal if he drops. Beckham killed the combine and definitely deserves to move up, but I said earlier, I don't care what Jarvis Landry runs, you gotta just watch film on the guy.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote