Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-06-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lamarcus Joyner

I watched some Youtube clips of him and really really like him. but rating a player based on Youtube clips isn't the way to go.

So my question is: How good is he really? Can he be a Top Playmaker in the Slot at the next Level?

SloppyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he was 6' and 195 he would be the first corner off the board. Reminds me of Boykins will be a top end slot corner who can play some deep zone ala FS
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joyner plays hard and is a playmaker. He is also very strong for his size. I think he'll be a good player in the NFL.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could be a hybrid of Finnegan/Mathieu type of NB/FS
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may be 5'8, but he is a straight football player, and hits like a mack truck. Very smart player, too.

Gonna miss seeing him in garnet & gold.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would rather have him than Clinton Dix as my FS.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Mathieu comparison is a good one, but I think he's faster. If I needed a nickel corner I would draft him as high as the second round.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like him as a FS at the next level. Has plenty of experience playing in deep zone and has very good range when breaking on the ball. His man coverage skills are a plus and can be used to matchup in the slot and with RBs. Tough tackler for his size and does a good job sorting through the trash to find the ball. Excellent blitzer from the secondary and does a nice job of timing his rush.

The one negative would be his height and the disadvantage in covering larger WRs and TEs down field. I think with the right personnel around him that this could certainly be masked. Seattle's secondary would be a prime example, having a large SS in Chancellor allowing Thomas to rove and handle quicker players in coverage.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is Joyner's Hit Real.....

MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
polska78
Rookie

polska78 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Antione Winfield? Another 5'8 guy who was strong and could lay some lumber.
polska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
GoonSquad
Rookie

GoonSquad GoonSquad GoonSquad GoonSquad GoonSquad GoonSquad GoonSquad GoonSquad GoonSquad GoonSquad GoonSquad

I really like him. Hope Dallas gets him in the 2nd.

If he was 5'10" or 5'11" he would be one of the top 15 picks.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:47 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I really like him as a FS at the next level. Has plenty of experience playing in deep zone and has very good range when breaking on the ball. His man coverage skills are a plus and can be used to matchup in the slot and with RBs. Tough tackler for his size and does a good job sorting through the trash to find the ball. Excellent blitzer from the secondary and does a nice job of timing his rush.

The one negative would be his height and the disadvantage in covering larger WRs and TEs down field. I think with the right personnel around him that this could certainly be masked. Seattle's secondary would be a prime example, having a large SS in Chancellor allowing Thomas to rove and handle quicker players in coverage.
Does Joyner remind anyone else of Bob Sanders?

I love Joyner's game. He's a football player, not just a guy who plays football. You take him as a safety and he gives you a lot of roster flexibility because he can come down and play the slot easily.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:31 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid double post.

Last edited by villagewarrior : 02-07-2014 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Double Post
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:56 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this guy a FS or a CB at the next level? Seems like a perfect Tampa 2 CB. Keep everything in front of you then lay the BOOM.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:01 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Wilson is a short corner(5'8) who's been a starter for the past few seasons with the Skins. I believe he was a starter for a couple seasons with the Ravens.

Lamarcus Joyner takes a huge steamy doo doo all over Josh Wilson in terms of overall talent at CB.

Joyner is gonna play a lot at the next level, I'm just not sure where you put him in your defense.

I don't care how short he is, if Joyner is on the board after the 2nd round, he's officially a STEAL.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:56 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's the 2nd best Free Safety on the board right behind Calvin Pryor, and I think he goes somewhere in the top 50.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I think the Mathieu comparison is a good one, but I think he's faster. If I needed a nickel corner I would draft him as high as the second round.
He's faster, but not as good imo.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Here is Joyner's Hit Real.....

Most of the plays in this video are cheap and dirty hits to the head that drew flags, I'm not impressed. I'm impressed by his athleticism of course but I think that video shows a lack of maturity more than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 02-08-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:37 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Is this guy a FS or a CB at the next level? Seems like a perfect Tampa 2 CB. Keep everything in front of you then lay the BOOM.
I think if ppl want to mirror Seattle, they should looking hard at Joyner because he reminds me alot of Earl Thomas as a prospect. CB-like cover skills, speed and quickness to cover ground in a hurry deep. After Pryor he's the next FS on my list, just ahead of Ward.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:08 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Most of the plays in this video are cheap and dirty hits to the head that drew flags, I'm not impressed. I'm impressed by his athleticism of course but I think that video shows a lack of maturity more than anything else.
Only one of those drew a flag and the ACC later apologized for it being the wrong call. But yeah good knowledge of the rules.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he better than Jimmie Wilson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote