Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-08-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU

Any idea where he may go in the draft? I keep getting the sense from what I've seen that he'll be a third or fourth round selection. I'm wondering why though. He had some good games against some good teams. Especially playing in the SEC. Is it his off the field issues that have teams skeptical? That and/or his only one dominant year as a sophomore? He's a pretty tall back at 6'2'', but he runs well at 235 pounds. Doesn't look like the best pass blocker from what I've seen (could be because of his height), but as a runner he still looks great. Where do you have him going?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a 1st RD talent. Character issues might cause him to slide, but I think he'll interview well and go somewhere in the 1st. Teams will want to copy Seattle's physical running game, and he's the best back in the draft by a wide margin who also happens to be a big physical back. Only RB in SEC history to average 6.9 YPC. Great pad level for a guy who is 6'2. If he's there at 19, he's the guy I want for Miami. If you're not devaluing the RB position, I think he's one of the ten best players in the draft.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He reminds me a lot of Michael Turner. I know he's about 1/2 a foot taller than Turner, but I see that same type of style with him. Especially, the young version of Turner in San Diego, before he got fat in Atlanta. I think he'll be tough to bring down between the tackles if you try to go up high on him, but also with some explosion to take it 50 if the safeties take a bad angle.

Also, as was mentioned by E Bird, I love his pad level. Doesn't give you 6'2" to hit.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda makes me think of Christine Michael from last year, but with more production his final year. He's got the great size/speed combination, has a natural feel for his position and runs hard and aggressively, but character concerns make people hesitant to hype his stock. I could see a team taking him in the back end of the first if they decided his character questions were resolved, because he's probably the most physically-talented back in the draft.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.

The one time I saw him play in-person this season I was very impressed with the amount of power he runs with and his speed is almost as mind boggling. He was knocking down LBs with no effort. Good luck tackling him if you're a DB (at least at the college level). His explosiveness is nearly as dominating as his power. Somewhat of a bold statement here, but watching him run reminds me of Eric Dickerson! I'd select either Hill or Seastrunk before considering anyone other RB in this year's class.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:08 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because of the off the field questions, I think it's going to be very hard for the media in general to predict his stock. Look at Da'Rick Rogers last year - some big sites had him in their top 100's and didn't get drafted.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:34 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks too tall on film and looked like a 2 down back. I'm not sure I saw an NFL position for him even though he's clearly got NFL talent.

He was impressive when he was running but I wonder how his height will affect him in the games where lbs can actually tackle worth a ****.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:42 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont expect him to run really fast so unless he runs something like a 4.8 then I think he is a great mid round pick. I would love for my falcons to draft him but it will not happen bc the off the field stuff.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Looks too tall on film and looked like a 2 down back. I'm not sure I saw an NFL position for him even though he's clearly got NFL talent.

He was impressive when he was running but I wonder how his height will affect him in the games where lbs can actually tackle worth a ****.
Linebackers can't tackle in the SEC? Anyways, his height might make him more prone to get getting hurt. He won't be able to duck and hide from anyone and he'll take a lot of shots. This is what happened to Chris Brown who showed promise when he played with the Titans coming out of Colorado. At the same time other tall backs like Eddie George, Brandon Jacobs, and Eric Dickerson had successful careers with their height.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he even a legit 6'2"? I wouldn't be surprised if he measured sub 6'1". EVen if so, does that really matter? Matt Forte is 6'2", granted he's not the same type of RB. But I don't see how being tall = being hurt or tackled easily.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:41 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Linebackers can't tackle in the SEC?
They're still college LBs. Some of them are really good, obviously, and some are not. In the NFL, all of them are.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
They're still college LBs. Some of them are really good, obviously, and some are not. In the NFL, all of them are.
True. You can say this about every player in college though that has high expectations. From what I've seen compared to other players at the same level, Hill has been very impressive.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He runs with excellent pad level. Height shouldn't be a concern. I'll be shocked if he runs over a 4.55. You guys are watching Jeremy Hill, right?
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's clearly a 2nd round pick and would likely go in round 1 if there weren't character issues. I like Carey a bit more than Hill but not by a whole lot. He a powerful downhill runner the mold of Lynch.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:15 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Bird View Post
He runs with excellent pad level. Height shouldn't be a concern. I'll be shocked if he runs over a 4.55. You guys are watching Jeremy Hill, right?
Excellent pad level for a 6'2 guy. It still is 4 inches. At least he doesn't run upright like TJ Yeldon or Daniel Thomas.

I want to make it clear that if he were 5'10 I would have him a lot higher but tall rbs scare me.