Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Alan Faneca WILL NOT be resigned by Pittsburgh after this season!

They just said on Cold Pizza that Alan Faneca WILL NOT be resigned by Pittsburgh after this season!

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Do "They" pay his salary? Mr. Rooney will ultimately decide on this matter. However, with the amount of money mediocre guards are getting on the open market, Faneca will command a fortune. Since the recent trend for the Steelers is to overpay many so-so lineman instead of rewarding premier ones, I can imagine a future of Max Starks/Kendall Simmons/Mahan et. manning the trenches. This is the one element of our team that has me most worried.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post
I can imagine a future of Max Starks/Kendall Simmons/Mahan et. manning the trenches. This is the one element of our team that has me most worried.
This is a frightening scenario. (Barring last season)Faneca's the best O lineman we've had since Dirt retired. I say pay him. I'd almost be tempted to say franchise him but he's starting to get long in the tooth...
Old 04-06-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say keep him but logically he can't be resigned after this season because of the redic contracts that lineman with half the ability of Faneca are receiving.....however if he is going to be gone any way trade him and get something for him....i had the same opinion on Porter

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wont believe it until it happens.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think hes as good as gone, if given the opportunity to goto 'zona i say hes 100% gone

i say good riddence, if he doesnt want to be a steeler then leave..

but if he does want to stay and be a steeler but wants hutchinson type money, which im sure he'll want, then i dont see us resigning him...

not with youger guys needing to get paid, like troy and ben
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather save the money on Troy and Ben both needing resigned so. Can't have all of them.

Problem about saying trade him and get something for him is that teams don't like to give much up for older players. We'd be hardpressed to get more than a low 2nd rounder. Plus if he plays out his contract and not resigned we'll get a 3rd round comp pick. I'd rather get his play this year and the 3rd rounder than a low 2nd rounder.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can't keep em please....please, please trade him

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they said that with us signing Troy there would not be enough money and of course you know we are keeping Ben, so it was between Troy and Alan and they said that people from Pittsburgh said Both are the best at their pos., but Troy is younger and it is harder to find a #1 safty than OL. I agree100% but the only thing that worries me is protecting Ben. if Ben is the franchise then you want your best players protecting him, but Troy is to good to let go and i can not imagine us without him, he is the best safty in the NFL

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rumors. that is all this is. There has been talk of working on an extention. I'll bet it does happen. If it does not, then one more strike against the new management. Letting the best G in football leave, the only one that can block every down. Not a good way to encourage your franchize QB to stay. I think he will resign, something in the 4-5 years 45-55 million range. If anyone is risky signing long term, it is Troy. he has had 6 concusions already. Everyone has been forced into retirement at 8.
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdg View Post
Rumors. that is all this is. There has been talk of working on an extention. I'll bet it does happen. If it does not, then one more strike against the new management. Letting the best G in football leave, the only one that can block every down. Not a good way to encourage your franchize QB to stay. I think he will resign, something in the 4-5 years 45-55 million range. If anyone is risky signing long term, it is Troy. he has had 6 concusions already. Everyone has been forced into retirement at 8.
has he really had 6 concussions?

also it seems like fanecad oesnt even want to be here so why would we keep him long term?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

Why would you say that? He is/has been one of our team leaders the past few years. Yes, Troy has has 6 that we know about. 3 at USC and 3 more with us. That is the only good news. He has spread them out over the last 7 years.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

faneca was openly pissed about us not signing grimm / whis as the HC, he hasnt reported to camp yet that i know of, whereas all of the other big names have

seems like hes not pleased
Old 04-07-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maybe he knows more about the changes in Pittsburgh than we do, and that is why he isn't happy. Being a player, he might not like the new direction the Steelers are going in. I hope we keep him and sign him to decent money, he is the best guard out there right now and if we lose him, we will really be hurting on the o-line.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it has anything to do with the direction of the team. I think Faneca plans on holding out for more money and a new deal all through training camp and he's starting now.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBOY View Post
Maybe he knows more about the changes in Pittsburgh than we do, and that is why he isn't happy. Being a player, he might not like the new direction the Steelers are going in. I hope we keep him and sign him to decent money, he is the best guard out there right now and if we lose him, we will really be hurting on the o-line.
well if he knows something hes the only one since all the other vets are at camp and seem happy
Old 04-08-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

Ward isn't happy either. So far, we cut our D and ST captians, and the 2 captians on O (Faneca and ward) are mad. Ward is mad about cutting Porter by the way.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

yeah ward called porter and was pissed then, but im looking at these pictures of their camp, which he is at (to reiterate) at steelers.com and he seems like his usual self
Old 04-08-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just went through the pictures that you were talking about and i liked some of the things i saw. i liked that Simmons was sweating and alot of our old guys were out there. is it just me or was it weird that there wasn't a picture of Tomlin anywhere in the Day 11 slideshow?? not even in the background. also i didn't see Fast Willie. did he not decided to go?? i no this has nothing to do with the topic but just some questions i thought i would ask.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
leoobeid32

F*ing ward.. Trade ward and Faneca! build a whole new team. the only good thing there is Sant, and the coach. Also, i HOPE the steelers Surprise everyone and take Jarvis Moss and Marcus McCauley 2nd round. and Switch to a 4-3 this year.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoobeid32 View Post
F*ing ward.. Trade ward and Faneca! build a whole new team. the only good thing there is Sant, and the coach. Also, i HOPE the steelers Surprise everyone and take Jarvis Moss and Marcus McCauley 2nd round. and Switch to a 4-3 this year.
please leave. no real steeler fan says trade ward or F ward. this is by far the dumbest post i have ever read while lurking and posting on NFLDC. if i knew you personally i think i would have to chop off your nuts for that ridiculous comment and for a guy to say that, you know you said something Fed up.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

F Ward?!?! No, back at you! I find it funny that you think the only thing good is a coach, who has no track record, and a Wr who drops the ball all the time. If I am not mistaken, we did win the freaking SB last year! Not bad. Considering neither the coach nor the wr was on the team! Just some no name guys like Ward, Porter, Faneca, etc..............
Old 04-09-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

since the DA posted the insanely ******** comment, i don't think anyone will see mine before hand, so i am posting it again. let me know what yall think, if it was on purpose, if yall know something i don't.

i just went through the pictures that you were talking about and i liked some of the things i saw. i liked that Simmons was sweating and alot of our old guys were out there. is it just me or was it weird that there wasn't a picture of Tomlin anywhere in the Day 11 slideshow?? not even in the background. also i didn't see Fast Willie. did he not decided to go?? i no this has nothing to do with the topic but just some questions i thought i would ask.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

as far as tomlin goes he may miss some time there as we are hosting rookies, etc.

i didnt see willie either, maybe he just didnt get photographed, i havnt heard of him skipping camp though

also simmons needs to change his shirt
Old 04-09-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoobeid32 View Post
you're an idiot, i was going to argue but no its just not even worth it

though i agree about faneca if he doesnt pull his head outa his butt and stop crying about the changes