Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And when njx uses red, you know **** just got real.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the biggest distraction, potentially, will come come groups not associated with football at all. They'll be keenly observing how things play out. If there are ANY perceived problems they'll be all over it and the media/fans will follow. And everyone will be aware of this possibility.

For instance...if they were to rookie haze him and shave a **** in his head or make him karaoke C & C music factory (okay, extreme examples), but anything along those lines purely in fun, and it got out, it absolutely would be taken out of context. I think his first training camp could be a cold one with guys just not trusting what they can and can't do or say around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Old 02-10-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That thread title...wow... "admits"

Poor choice of words.
Agreed, but I don't think he meant it to read the way that it does.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Michael Sam and his agent decided to come out about his orientation because NFL GMs already knew he came out to his teammates at Mizzou, and to prevent his draft stock from taking a hit about unspoken 'character concerns' Sam decided to get in front of the story and have it all be out in the open.

Now teams are forced to evaluate Michael Sam as a football player and not secretly give him a lower grade as a prospect because he's gay.

I don't know how anyone can't see this as a major sports event.
It's literally never happened before.

Historically I don't know if there's ever been a more homophobic workplace than the NFL.

Also a beat reporter can only ask someone 'what's it like to be a gay NFL player?' before the question gets old.

I think this fear of a media circus is just that, paranoia on the part of fans and team FOs.

Sam may choose to talk about it initially, but later on he's gonna do a 'no comment', until the reporters look like idiots for asking him the same questions all the time.

I get it that some of us would rather gay folk NOT be seen or heard, but that's not reality.
I have a feeling his agent and Sam also realized that they could both potentially make a lot of money, after all , every team already knew he was gay, so his coming out won't change one bit where teams have him on their draft boards. I can see him doing a lot of talk shows and he may even sue if he drops too far in the draft.

This isn't as simple as it looks, he's put the NFL on the spot and he can make them pay if they show any negative reaction towards him including where he gets drafted. In the meantime, he get lots of extra money appearing on all those talk shows.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll get drafted. If he doesn't the NFL will have a PR nightmare. The NFL comp picks are a fairly secretive process, although some have become very good as predicting them. I wonder if the NFL throws an extra comp pick to one of their banner franchises and says "wink wink" make sure you take Sam if he is still available.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can't sue unless he can prove he wasn't drafted because he was gay.

Since Chris Kluwe sued the Vikings for something to do with his support of ****, teams might be worried that Sam would do the same if he's released.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
No, I would not want to be around him naked in a lockeroom because I DO now know that he is gay. A big part of the reason grown men can share shower space fairly comfortably is BECAUSE the know that there are among members of the same sexual orientation, therefore, there is no feeling of repulsion. I can't believe I actually have to explain this. Something tells me I don't.
Are you then saying, if you were sharing shower space with grown women you WOULD have feelings of repulsion?

You may not classify yourself as a bigot, but your above statement is, well, I can't even define it. I think a lot of smart people, clearly smarter than you, would call that homophobic because CLEARLY you have a fear of being around gay people. You know the old saying about if you protest too much...
Old 02-10-2014, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I understand to an extent why he is making his sexuality public, but my opinion is that he should keep that **** to himself and/or his circle of friends and family. I don't hate him or anyone else for being gay, but if I were in the locker room with him, yeah, I would avoid him simply because of the close proximity. It's not bigotry, it's called being honest about being repulsed by (knowing about) his actions. I would not be mean to the guy, but to say I would accept him fully would be a lie that a lot of people would like to hear.
"Honesty" has nothing to do with bigotry. I'm pretty sure all bigots "honestly" believe whatever they spew, that doesn't legitimize their beliefs.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-10-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
How would you make fun of him for being gay??

Since being called a **** is one of the most grievous insults you can use against another player, I don't know why all of sudden 'lighthearted' gaybashing would be okay.

I mean, you wouldn't specifically make fun a player for being White, Hispanic, Black, etc.
So why would you go there with a gay player??

I get teasing a player for his unique idiosyncrasies as an individual, but to go after him just because he's gay is risky.

You can only say to a guy so many times, 'so I hear you like sucking d ck', before there's gonna be a fight, even if he is gay.
Where did I say go after him JUST because he was gay? Or for a better question, where did I suggest calling him anything derogatory?

Just because you aren't very funny doesn't mean other people can't find ways of making it funny.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-10-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is where it gets interesting because as far as I'm concerned, I have no problem with this and I applaud his courage, but on a football team it may cause this type of silent division (it shouldn't but this is a possibility) and it may have been the true case at Missouri according to this player.

http://msn.foxsports.com/midwest/sto...twitter-021014
Old 02-10-2014, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
3rd to 7th rounder? Does anyone really see Sam falling out of the 4th at worst?
I had him pegged as just a fourth or fifth before this. If he goes in the seventh or undrafted, it'll be pretty clear to me that coolness was the reason, though.

I feel he's just a situational pass rusher, and I have no love for those. For me, those belong in rounds 4-5, don't get many real snaps, and get ridden into the ground on special teams. That's why I flipped out in the Bears draft thread a couple of years ago when Phil Emery drafted Shea McClellin to a 4-3 team in the first round (McClellin was like 10x the 3-4 OLB prospect that Sam is, though).

Now that he's done this, I think he's a first round human, but I still think he's a pretty "meh" prospect.
Quote:
I'm sorry, I understand to an extent why he is making his sexuality public, but my opinion is that he should keep that **** to himself and/or his circle of friends and family. I don't hate him or anyone else for being gay, but if I were in the locker room with him, yeah, I would avoid him simply because of the close proximity. It's not bigotry, it's called being honest about being repulsed by (knowing about) his actions. I would not be mean to the guy, but to say I would accept him fully would be a lie that a lot of people would like to hear.
Well, here's the homophobia a few doe-eyed innocents thought didn't exist in 2014. Pro tip: saying "I don't hate him for____" before saying something hateful is still hate.

"I don't hate ****, but I won't accept them or go anywhere near them because I think they and the things they do are repulsive."

Come on. GTFO.

Someone should definitely shut his mouth and keep his thoughts to himself the way you said, but it isn't the player in question.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-10-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:07 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for the 'Summer of Sam' headlines this offseason from the team that drafts or signs him as an UDFA.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He'll get drafted. If he doesn't the NFL will have a PR nightmare. The NFL comp picks are a fairly secretive process, although some have become very good as predicting them. I wonder if the NFL throws an extra comp pick to one of their banner franchises and says "wink wink" make sure you take Sam if he is still available.
yea I actually was thinking about this last night. if he's still there at the end of the 5th or 6th round I can see the NFL making some calls to teams promising them an extra comp pick and maybe a round or two upgrade on their next one

I know for damn sure David Stern would cancel the NBA draft before they let a guy in a similar position fall out of the draft
Old 02-10-2014, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
Are you then saying, if you were sharing shower space with grown women you WOULD have feelings of repulsion?

You may not classify yourself as a bigot, but your above statement is, well, I can't even define it. I think a lot of smart people, clearly smarter than you, would call that homophobic because CLEARLY you have a fear of being around gay people. You know the old saying about if you protest too much...
Hmm. Well, you're probably patting yourself on the back thinking that you asked me an intelligent question, so I'll give you a pass for failing to construct analogous scenario. No sir, I would not be repulsed if I was to take a shower alongside a naked woman. Go ahead and scrap together the remaining pieces of what you point was supposed to be.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 02-10-2014, 06:16 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is getting jackhammered into the ground on every damn station I turn to. Enough already.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I had him pegged as just a fourth or fifth before this. If he goes in the seventh or undrafted, it'll be pretty clear to me that coolness was the reason, though.

I feel he's just a situational pass rusher, and I have no love for those. For me, those belong in rounds 4-5, don't get many real snaps, and get ridden into the ground on special teams. That's why I flipped out in the Bears draft thread a couple of years ago when Phil Emery drafted Shea McClellin to a 4-3 team in the first round (McClellin was like 10x the 3-4 OLB prospect that Sam is, though).

Now that he's done this, I think he's a first round human, but I still think he's a pretty "meh" prospect.

Well, here's the homophobia a few doe-eyed innocents thought didn't exist in 2014. Pro tip: saying "I don't hate him for____" before saying something hateful is still hate.

"I don't hate ****, but I won't accept them or go anywhere near them because I think they and the things they do are repulsive."

Come on. GTFO.

Someone should definitely shut his mouth and keep his thoughts to himself the way you said, but it isn't the player in question.
I don't have to get into the pissing match you want me get into, and I won't . Call me whatever makes you feel good about yourself, just know that you have exactly zero influence on me.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 02-10-2014, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hmm. Well, you're probably patting yourself on the back thinking that you asked me an intelligent question, so I'll give you a pass for failing to construct analogous scenario. No sir, I would not be repulsed if I was to take a shower alongside a naked woman. Go ahead and scrap together the remaining pieces of what you point was supposed to be.
Seriously dude, if you have ever communal showered in a high school, college or gym changerooms, then you have showered next to a gay guy. Nothing bad happens, even if he is mentally abusing you.

I am pretty sure that the naked woman in the shower next to you has more right to be repulsed by the thoughts going through your head that you should with the naked gay dude.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This always ends up becoming personal instead of discussing the news.
Closed Thread