Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-11-2014, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't put the wire into True detective's level. #overrated #boringcharacters #snailspaceplot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm really into this show, but I'm not ready to put it in the same sentence as Breaking Bad or The Wire. Maybe by the end of the season I will be, but I can't do it yet.
To be fair, it's been 4 episodes and is a miniseries/anthology. And while I haven't watched all of Breaking Bad/The Wire, I personally believe these 4 episodes absolutely destroy the first 4 episodes of both.

And to add on other points, I don't think it will be too hard for them to land big name actors going forward. Will they be nearly as good as these 2? I would wager no, but it's on HBO and probably doesn't take as much time to film as a normal show, so it probably would be more attractive than your normal tv show to big name actors.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:35 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many episodes will there be? 8?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, 8 episodes this season. Not sure if it'll be the same each season, but I'd guess so.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where did the end of episode 3 fit in with the timeline, especially as it relates to episode 4?

They are searching for ledeux in ep 4, but seem to have found him in ep 3...

Also, anybody got any good theories or predictions?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Where did the end of episode 3 fit in with the timeline, especially as it relates to episode 4?

The ending of episode three is a flash back from 2012 when they are in the interview. The narration at the end of episode three is of McConaughey while in the interview with the other detectives so he's describing something that hasn't yet happened in the 1995 timeline of events.

Thats one of the brilliant aspects of the show in my opinion. They create so much tension in certain scenes even though you know how they are going to turnout. For instance the long take at the end of episode four had so much tension and had viewers glued to the screen, but the viewer already knows how it's going to end. You know McConaughey is going to get out of their alive.

Because of the ending of episode three we now know for sure that we're going to meet Reginald Ledoux, but the buildup to meeting him I'm sure will be extremely tense and captivating even though we know what he looks like and who he is.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 02-11-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was confused by this as well, because I remembered the scene with Rust and Marty rushing back from the school, shortly followed by the scene with presumably Ledoux, and assumed they were directly linked.

Going back and watching it, at the scene where they are rushing back, they've only just identified Ledoux as the primary suspect. In the car Rust puts out the call for any information on them, so at that point they only know who he is, not how to find him. This is where episode four picks up, the pursuit of Ledoux.

The scene we see with Ledoux at the end is at somepoint unknown in the future when they've finally found his place. The shot itself is just of Ledoux's property, not anyone actually pulling up to it. Those last few minutes are just to show the viewers a glimpse of what to expect.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But after Chole talks to the guy mowing the lawn at the school, don't they call for backup and go to that address ("who walks that ******* slow" line)?
Old 02-11-2014, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But after Chole talks to the guy mowing the lawn at the school, don't they call for backup and go to that address ("who walks that ******* slow" line)?
Nope. They put out an alert for all police, US Marshals, etc. to be on the lookout for Ledoux.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-11-2014, 05:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Ah. I don't have the episodes DVR'd so I didn't realize that. So it all makes sense.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:53 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yes this show
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I seriously have no idea how they expect anyone else to replicate the greatness of the two leads next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The fact that the majority of this country decided to tune into one of the worst shows on television over this makes me quite sad. This show is special, and I'm going to really miss these two in their roles after this season. Idk who the hell else is going to step into next season but good luck to them.
I didn't look very hard but where was it said that McConaughey and Harrelson would not be returning for next season?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I didn't look very hard but where was it said that McConaughey and Harrelson would not be returning for next season?
I forget where it was said but it was said. New cast every year.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I don't have the link but it's been confirmed nonetheless. Each season of TD will be a completely new story.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-11-2014, 07:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is obviously to ensure that they can go big with Woody's reveal as the present day murderer.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yup, 8 episodes this season. Not sure if it'll be the same each season, but I'd guess so.
ONLY 4 LEFT NOOOOOOOOOO
Old 02-11-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a great lead-in to the GoT season.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Rookie

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched all 4 episodes today and wow. Can't wait for the next episode.

Bonekrusher
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's speculate on who could be good to step in next season...

I'll start with Sam Rockwell.

Or Willem Dafoe. I want Willem Dafoe in everything.

Last edited by Job Reborn : 02-13-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First 4 episodes are awesome. I didn't know they were gonna have a whole new cast every season though. I doubt ill ever like it as much as some of the great series cause of that, but theres no reason you can't put together great seasons of TV one at a time.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

A pretty interesting read;

http://io9.com/the-one-literary-refe...ate-1523076497

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-14-2014, 08:06 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
this is obviously to ensure that they can go big with Woody's reveal as the present day murderer.
I'll be pissed if they do that..
Old 02-14-2014, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great video on the fourth episode from HBO's Youtube page with director commentary.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

This show is on television tonight.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This show is so ******* intense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote