Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-16-2014, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone mentioned spoilers being up (haven't seen them), so watch for Grizz to spoil them given that he's a dick that does that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blaming Rust, how dare you Mouzone.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-16-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best show on t.v. I have no idea where this is going.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Someone mentioned spoilers being up (haven't seen them), so watch for Grizz to spoil them given that he's a dick that does that.
Ahahahaha... Sorry any time you call someone a dick I just can't help but laugh.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Spoilers happen, its not like it was on purpose. I can't tell you how many times I've had things spoiled in the TV thread, I don't go whining like a little girl when it happens though,

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Would you shut the **** up already Cain? I'm ******* tired of you, I didn't say a goddamn thing to you ever and you won't stop ******* bashing me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-16-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

Spoilers happen, its not like it was on purpose. I can't tell you how many times I've had things spoiled in the TV thread, I don't go whining like a little girl when it happens though,
I literally said in the post before yours that I'm in the middle of going through House of Cards, and you spoiled a death immediately after. How stupid do you have to be, exactly? You didn't even apologize, and you're still acting like a douchebag.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-16-2014, 09:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to have to rewatch that one a couple times. I missed chunks while doing other stuff around the house (i.e. pooping).
Old 02-16-2014, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I literally said in the post before yours that I'm in the middle of going through House of Cards, and you spoiled a death immediately after. How stupid do you have to be, exactly? You didn't even apologize, and you're still acting like a douchebag.
Not stupid, truthfully just didn't read your post until after you already responded to mine. At that point the damage was done, didn't realize you'd hold a grudge and decide to post about it in other threads a couple days later. Sorry I spoiled it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-16-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Not stupid, truthfully just didn't read your post until after you already responded to mine. At that point the damage was done, didn't realize you'd hold a grudge and decide to post about it in other threads a couple days later. Sorry I spoiled it.
All I wanted was an apology, I'll let it go now. Now, since we're in the TD thread: Rust isn't the killer, I assume. They're trying to plant doubts but I don't see how he fits as The Yellow King.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-16-2014, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
All I wanted was an apology, I'll let it go now. Now, since we're in the TD thread: Rust isn't the killer, I assume. They're trying to plant doubts but I don't see how he fits as The Yellow King.
I agree, I don't think Rust is the killer. To me, it seems like he dropped off the grid to try and continue to solely work this case and he's been working it ever since. I feel like I need to rewatch this episode, the plot moved forward so much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-16-2014, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This show is stupid

I will bet the storage shed is full of his evidence he has been putting together for 10 years on this group. Wouldn't be surprised if he did kill tuttle.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 02-16-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well shiiiiiiiittttt.

I'm thinking Rust dropped off the grid because he considers the police to be so intertwined with the cult of the Yellow King he'll never be able to find the truth while on the force. And that since then he's obviously been undercover. The creator said episodes 4-6 were the second act, and there seems to be a general theme of working outside the law. With his "company men" remark, I think he believes the two detectives may be somehow connected to the cult, directly or indirectly, which may explain why they seem to want to pin it on Rust.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 02-16-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like Grizz has the same idea, and also no way Rust is the killer.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-16-2014, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Well shiiiiiiiittttt.

I'm thinking Rust dropped off the grid because he considers the police to be so intertwined with the cult of the Yellow King he'll never be able to find the truth while on the force. And that since then he's obviously been undercover. The creator said episodes 4-6 were the second act, and there seems to be a general theme of working outside the law. With his "company men" remark, I think he believes the two detectives may be somehow connected to the cult, directly or indirectly, which may explain why they seem to want to pin it on Rust.
Reminds me of the Red Riding trilogy in a way, if anyone has ever seen that. There's far deeper levels in this, especially since that was more of a story about police corruption, but there are definitely parallels. Mouzone and other black man detective could be involved too, which is why they're pushing on Rust so hard.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-16-2014, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Given that Tuttle, the governor's cousin, wanted to takeover the case immediately with his own task force, while also owning the school that is clearly connected to the case, I think it's pretty obvious that the prisoner's claim that "big men" are involved will be substantiated.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-16-2014, 10:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with Cigaro and Grizz. No way Cohle is the killer. My guess is he fell off the grid to keep tracking the case on his own and hasbeen gathering evidence against the cult and collecting it in his storage container. He knows how dangerous it is to confront these people so he's constantly going off grid and popping up at crime scenes involved with the yellow king and the cult. Also, if anyone wants to read The King In Yellow here's a link:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8492...lcome_stranger

The story ties heavily into this show

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to rewatch before a full commentary on the episode, but I agree with the Rust dropping off the map to continue the investigation solo theory. Marty always referring to the Detective's Curse is obviously going to continue to come into play.

The detectives trying to turn Marty on Rust is suspicious.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something I found very interesting that the show's writer Nic Pizzolatto said after the show in the Inside the Episode bit.
Quote:
I don't know how many people will catch this, but Cole asked for a beer for one reason, because he's a functioning alcoholic who knows who he is but the bigger reason is that once he starts drinking anything he says in that room is inadmissible
I was unaware of that last part and hadn't realized that. Once again the Inside the Episode that follows each episode is really good. The other thing Pizzolatto made a point of talking about was how Cole's sole purpose was to just go in and find out how much evidence these two detectives and he does so while saying a lot but giving them nothing that means anything.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:02 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Something I found very interesting that the show's writer Nic Pizzolatto said after the show in the Inside the Episode bit.

I was unaware of that last part and hadn't realized that. Once again the Inside the Episode that follows each episode is really good. The other thing Pizzolatto made a point of talking about was how Cole's sole purpose was to just go in and find out how much evidence these two detectives and he does so while saying a lot but giving them nothing that means anything.
Pretty much.

And I also think the philosophical bits were just him reciting the cult's teachings. Partly to gauge the detectives' involvement, but mostly just to waste their time.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, I don't think Cole did this. I think he's a suspect because he's been working the case on his own. It seems the suspect caught in 2002 caused Cole to have a crisis of faith if you will, for the first time in Cole's life he didn't catch the bad guy or for the first time in his life he was fooled and wasn't correct about who the criminal was. I think this explains the circumstances that Cole is currently in. He's lost it trying to find the only guy who was ever able to fool him. For so long he's been able to toy with guys in interrogation rooms and see right through them. Now it's the other way around. That shot at the end of last night's episode was great because it was shot in such a way to make it seem like someone was watching him in that room. Now Cole is the one in the room being toyed with and it drives him to madness.

Another reason I don't think he did it is because it's the two modern day detective's theory, and they have already shown that they are inept to a degree at investigating/interrogating. They didn't realize that Cole was playing them the entire time, using them to aid his own investigation, and by giving him alcohol making anything he says inadmissible. Those two detectives aren't smart enough to be the guys in this show who solve the case. They've already been fooled once and didn't even realize it.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

I don't think Rust was fooled in the sense that he got the wrong guy. Ledoux was very obviously involved in the cult and murders. Rust didn't get the wrong guy, rather he failed to get all of the right guys. Given the apparent lack of murders following the death of Ledoux and his partner, he reasonably assumed they were the cult. It was only in 2002 that he began to realize that the cult is likely much, much bigger than two individuals.

As for why I think Rust is innocent, I'd have to go back and watch to confirm this 100%, but I'm pretty certain that without Rust working and pushing the case forward, it was set to die/get handed off to the taskforce. The two detectives argue that this may be the exact reason Rust is guilty, he steered the entirety of the investigation, but if Rust were a member of the cult, there is seemingly no reason why he would put in the extra hours to catch fellow cult members, when he knows inaction alone will kill the case.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-17-2014, 04:38 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rust is innocent in my eyes for sure. He has just been off the grid and the deep end investigating. He knows there is more out there and he won't be able to look for the info through the normal legal channels.

The two detectives seem like normal dudes trying to investigate Rust but have no idea the bigger picture Rust is going into. I don't think the are knowingly part of some big conspiracy but they might be guided by those above them unknowingly.

That traveling preacher is still sticking in my mind. He has just pleasant enough to them but it was off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

People I know think the grandpa has something to do with it but that too seems too obvious.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:46 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
People I know think the grandpa has something to do with it but that too seems too obvious.
Which grandpa?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote