Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2014, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Which grandpa?
I think he's referring to Hart's father in law.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Given that Tuttle, the governor's cousin, wanted to takeover the case immediately with his own task force, while also owning the school that is clearly connected to the case, I think it's pretty obvious that the prisoner's claim that "big men" are involved will be substantiated.
How in the hell can some cracked out double murderer implicate Tuttle in the crime, exactly? I'm for one in believing big men had something to do with big men in the Louisiana meth community

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Which grandpa?
Marty's family. It's a theory as for why Marty's children seem so exposed to sex at such a young age. Marty once walked in on his daughters (it may be just the one, can't remember) having arranged their dolls around a nude female doll in a seemingly ritualistic fashion, and there's also the incident with the sexual drawings in the notebook. The argument is that these are not just coincidences, rather they're probably related to the cult. The idea is that the grandfather would fit the profile of "rich men" Charlie Lange described, while also being a person would have enough private influence over the children for this to be plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
How in the hell can some cracked out double murderer implicate Tuttle in the crime, exactly? I'm for one in believing big men had something to do with big men in the Louisiana meth community
The meth and LSD appear to be used in ritualistic fashion, not normal use. Obviously any cult that uses such drugs, particularly meth, is going to have connections with the dregs of society. I don't really see why it's implausible that powerful men have connections to criminals and druggies via a cult. In fact, if the sermon scene in episode three means anything (and Rust's observations about the makeup of the crowd), those of lower "status" in society would be the perfect audience for the cult's teachings.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marty's family. It's a theory as for why Marty's children seem so exposed to sex at such a young age. Marty once walked in on his daughters (it may be just the one, can't remember) having arranged their dolls around a nude female doll in a seemingly ritualistic fashion, and there's also the incident with the sexual drawings in the notebook. The argument is that these are not just coincidences, rather they're probably related to the cult. The idea is that the grandfather would fit the profile of "rich men" Charlie Lange described, while also being a person would have enough private influence over the children for this to be plausible.
Yep all of that. That's what I'm sticking with.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's still borrowing REALLY heavily from the Red Riding trilogy if it does go that route, just without the police corruption.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Yep all of that. That's what I'm sticking with.
It also fits with the "Detective's curse" that Marty keeps mentioning with it being right under his nose.

That being said, I don't really by it.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Summary of the most prevalant theories, if anyone is interested;

http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueDetectiv...edictions_and/

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-21-2014, 12:19 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched episodes 1-4 this past weekend and finally got around to 5 tonight. All I have to say is WOW. Incredible show that blew away my expectations.

In terms of theories, I definitely think the Cole (or Cohle, whatever) theory about him investigating the murders tied to the Yellow King in his free time is obvious. He is protective of the storage unit, which clearly makes you think he's holding evidence in there. Plus you see actual footage of Cohle investigating on his own time, which makes you think this story is legit. I definitely think this is the most likely scenario, BUT this show hasn't always gone where we have expected to. I feel like that story line is fairly obvious (which would still be great), but it also makes me suspicious of an unforseen twist.

What did really stick out to me was when Hart tells the detectives that Cohle is examining them more than they are him. As others said he, he has clearly outsmarted them (with the beer drinking...etc.) as well as the fact that he is feeling out what they know without telling really them anything.

Either way, cannot WAIT to see how it all plays out.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But what has he actually learned from them? Not much, and the files they gave him were clearly what he already knew. Maybe it was just to get a read on both of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
But what has he actually learned from them? Not much, and the files they gave him were clearly what he already knew. Maybe it was just to get a read on both of them?
I'd say so. We already know that Cohle is a master of reading people and manipulating them to an extent. It seems like Cohle knows what they showed him, but it's probably just as important for him to be aware of what they don't know as well as getting a read on their intentions.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Watched episodes 1-4 this past weekend and finally got around to 5 tonight. All I have to say is WOW. Incredible show that blew away my expectations.

In terms of theories, I definitely think the Cole (or Cohle, whatever) theory about him investigating the murders tied to the Yellow King in his free time is obvious. He is protective of the storage unit, which clearly makes you think he's holding evidence in there. Plus you see actual footage of Cohle investigating on his own time, which makes you think this story is legit. I definitely think this is the most likely scenario, BUT this show hasn't always gone where we have expected to. I feel like that story line is fairly obvious (which would still be great), but it also makes me suspicious of an unforseen twist.

What did really stick out to me was when Hart tells the detectives that Cohle is examining them more than they are him. As others said he, he has clearly outsmarted them (with the beer drinking...etc.) as well as the fact that he is feeling out what they know without telling really them anything.

To the bolded - He didn't really outsmart them with this. He clearly stated, "what? is this supposed to be admissible?" when he asked them to buy the beer initially. He also doesn't really say anything incriminating before walking out in the last episode, so I'm not really sure much should be read into that other than he is a functioning alcoholic.

He was clearly getting a read on them and trying to decipher either their motives or what they know so far. They were both trying to use each other. Friggin' love this show, regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post

Exactly. The other guys point out "we caught you at the crime scene" when in fact Rust wanted to get brought in to see how much evidence the other guys had. Once he realized it wasn't much he bolted.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iPhone wallpaper I found for anyone who wants it

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Little underwhelmed with that episode.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Little underwhelmed with that episode.
I wasnt really either. I think the problem is that the show isnt so concerned with moving the mystery along every episode. Ive loved it for the most part, but sometimes its unsatisfying when you want to get some more information and you get an episode like this one. Well done as usual but I agree with underwhelming.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Woody Harrelson get so many hot chicks?
Old 02-23-2014, 09:16 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really not fair.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

It wasnt bad but it was too conventional of an episode for this type of show. So for me it just underwhelmed a bit.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2014, 09:19 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
How does Woody Harrelson get so many hot chicks?
I was thinking the exact same thing. He didn't even need to try. I don't know about you guys, but i never walk into a bar and have random women walking up to me randomly asking me to go home and **** them. I know there is that small sliver of history and she is a damaged woman, but cmon. Woody Harrelson is just some ******* ugly cop.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Still a good episode, but a bit weaker than what we've seen so far. I understand the want to explore the family dynamic, but I think they could have advanced the story a bit more, especially considering how artfully they did just that last episode (although maybe that's why this one was slower).

I do think the one thing this episode did was to clearly illustrate Rust's motives. I don't think he's pursuing this so much because he just wants to get the right guy (obviously that does play a part), but because the case involves the abuse of children. Rust's nihilism/pessimism seems to be rooted in the death of his daughter, and I don't think he can ever allow this case to die, no matter what it costs him (I'm a fan of the crucifixion theory), as a result of his own experiences.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-23-2014, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil;

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 02-23-2014, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. He didn't even need to try. I don't know about you guys, but i never walk into a bar and have random women walking up to me randomly asking me to go home and **** them. I know there is that small sliver of history and she is a damaged woman, but cmon. Woody Harrelson is just some ******* ugly cop.
How dare you call him ugly.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The show perfectly builds tension every episode. Its amazing. The camera work too, jesus ******* christ its good. Cannot wait to see the last two episodes.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:03 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
How dare you call him ugly.
Cmon I love Woody Harrelson, but hes not what anyone would classify as a particularly handsome man. I can't believe I'm having this discussion.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Not as intriguing an episode as the previous ones in terms of the mystery itself, but they had been building up that Cohle/Hart split the entire season so I had no issue with seeing what went down. Plus it was pretty much impossible to continue at the pace of episodes 4 and 5.

But really though...

dat ass.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 02-25-2014 at 10:01 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote