Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-02-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could be the same lawnmower man, it's been roughly 20 years since we last saw him. I loved the ending. The show continues to make sure we know that the two present day investigators are ****** cops who are lost and in way over their head. I felt the McConaughey break ins were a bit much as was them holding up the sheriff, but I could see why it was necessary.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is the same guy from looking online, thats just really really surprising that a show like this made that decision. In fact, if I recall right they found out about the man with scars that very episode from the girls at the church, so it wouldnt even be 20 years, it would be a matter of days before he saw this man that he heard about him with lange. Which is even more baffling.

episode 3, right there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_De...28TV_series%29

That is a relatively big misstep for me to believe a detective of Cole's caliber would over look the only real lead they had at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-02-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm not talking about investigating, however the fact that the man with the scars is now the primary suspect, to which hes already spoken with, he can't recall because of a light beard? .....I mean I guess. Pretty weak imo.
I don't think you lock away in your memory a guy mowing a lawn who you spent less than ten seconds talking to for when in the future you're thinking of guys with scars on their face.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

You don't even have a real good look at his beard because he's got a dirty beard and you're never having an extended conversation with him.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I don't think you lock away in your memory a guy mowing a lawn who you spent less than ten seconds talking to for when in the future you're thinking of guys with scars on their face.
Refer to above post. It was a matter of days, where the man with scars was their only lead, and he spoke with him a couple of days later. Its in the synopsis I posted. Thats ridiculous to me. I can get over it and doesn't ruin the show, but it certainly feels like they threw it in there just to get a whole "oh it was him the whole time!" moment out of us.

Quote:
You don't even have a real good look at his beard because he's got a dirty beard and you're never having an extended conversation with him.
He was more than a few feet away from him and they spoke for several minutes. Plus Cohle is the guy who knows if someone did it within 10 minutes of being in a room with someone, and has an uncanny ability for detail. Sorry, that goes against everything weve seen about his character.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Previous episode? You mean episode three.....like four episodes ago? and Rust's character which pays so much attention to detail is missing the scars due to a guys pubic hair beard, the one barely there? That makes no sense, and it very well could be the same guy but thats a terrible plot hole as Rust has no idea who hes looking for despite the fact hes spoken with him. That contradicts everything theyve established with his character thus far and would be a pretty big issue for me moving forward. The fact he knows this is the central guy but can't recall talking to him is pretty weak.
I said "a" previous episode.

It's true that Cohle usually sees everything but I think it's just a mistake he made and probably something he's going to really beat himself up over.

During that scene, Marty went nuts honking the horn because he got a lead over the radio. That could be explained as Marty screwing up Rust's flow. Like, maybe Rust would have gotten there if Marty didn't interrupt him.

Also, I'm not sure if scars were such a big part of it at that point. I think they only had one person say it. I need to re-watch that scene, but I don't think they were that noticeable behind his beard.

I do get your point though. It goes against his character to have seen the guy and not have any clue. That was supposed to be MARTY'S major fault (inattention). But I have faith the writer will make it all make sense in the end.

Again, my biggest issue is with IMBD and reddit right now because I knew what was going to happen. Annoyed.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I said "a" previous episode.

It's true that Cohle usually sees everything but I think it's just a mistake he made and probably something he's going to really beat himself up over.

During that scene, Marty went nuts honking the horn because he got a lead over the radio. That could be explained as Marty screwing up Rust's flow. Like, maybe Rust would have gotten there if Marty didn't interrupt him.

Also, I'm not sure if scars were such a big part of it at that point. I think they only had one person say it. I need to re-watch that scene, but I don't think they were that noticeable behind his beard.

I do get your point though. It goes against his character to have seen the guy and not have any clue. That was supposed to be MARTY'S major fault (inattention). But I have faith the writer will make it all make sense in the end.

Again, my biggest issue is with IMBD and reddit right now because I knew what was going to happen. Annoyed.
I know, I think I'm coming off more upset about it than I am tbh. I just think it sort of was thrown in there so we could have a looking back moment and know that was the guy, which seems below the type of show this is. Oh well I suppose, I just think with every minor detail weve seen Cohle remember after all these years he isn't going to ID the guy as even a possible suspect in the same time span as they got the tip about him.

Moving on, I really hope next week is two hours because there is alot left to wrap on, one would think.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-02-2014, 11:12 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would you guys hop on websites that would potentially spoil the show for you??

#3 Duke Blue Devils (5-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Why would you guys hop on websites that would potentially spoil the show for you??
I enjoy reading/thinking about theories. And being pointed out things that there's no way I'd have caught if not for the people of the internet (for example, the flowers in the mental hospital). It enhances the experience. It's the same reason I like to talk football after/before I watch it. I love it. Can't get enough. And it wasn't spoiled in terms of plot, just what actor would appear (which gave it away).

The show is about detectives solving a case, to me it's fun to try to solve the case too.

I don't remember having this problem with any other TV show, mainly because there are rarely real spoilers. And these weren't plot spoilers but for some reason IMBD lists which actors are in each future episode. I also don't know why they even have those ep. previews. I simply can't resist show discussion. I obviously avoid all GoT related internet discussions like the plague, though.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not talking about investigating, however the fact that the man with the scars is now the primary suspect, to which hes already spoken with, he can't recall because of a light beard? .....I mean I guess. Pretty weak imo.
I had previously dismissed the lawn mower man theory precisely because I didn't see any scars on his face. So I don't think it's a plot hole. Even when they show him again, you don't immediately see the scars. Only after changing the angle/lighting do his scars become apparent.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oscar Winner Matthew McConaughey.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:03 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

spaghetti face not scar face . and green ears.

mom's
Old 03-03-2014, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
spaghetti face not scar face . and green ears.

mom's
Good explanation.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was more than a few feet away from him and they spoke for several minutes. Plus Cohle is the guy who knows if someone did it within 10 minutes of being in a room with someone, and has an uncanny ability for detail. Sorry, that goes against everything weve seen about his character.
When he's interrogating them. When Cohle met Errol, he did not suspect him, and his questions were not interrogative. Plus you're overestimating the extent of their conversation, it wasn't even a minute long.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought spaghetti face was a mask anyway
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

For the record Nic Pizzolato said on the post episode recap that
Also I didn't realize until afterward, but it was pretty telling when the lawn mower said he got a public contract to mow a bunch of land in the Parish. I think that's a very obvious hint towards the family's connection with the Tuttle family who probably gifted him the contract.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:23 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For the record Nic Pizzolato said on the post episode recap that
Also I didn't realize until afterward, but it was pretty telling when the lawn mower said he got a public contract to mow a bunch of land in the Parish. I think that's a very obvious hint towards the family's connection with the Tuttle family who probably gifted him the contract.
its the two black guys!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 01:10 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not the same lawnmower man.
Check the credits. It's the same guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
When he's interrogating them. When Cohle met Errol, he did not suspect him, and his questions were not interrogative. Plus you're overestimating the extent of their conversation, it wasn't even a minute long.
Hes only a few feet away, maybe several days removed from the only lead they have standing right in front of him. Its stupid, nothing show ruining but is weak.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few other things. He was clearly mowing the lawn in a circle instead of lines like most normal people would.

Having already seen him, it could loop back to Marty's comments of the detective's curse. Rust already interviewed the guy, he went back to that same school and found the stick thingers and paintings inside. While I agree with the notion this would be a pretty big flaw based on Rust's image and such, I can also see how this can be tied together as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
A few other things. He was clearly mowing the lawn in a circle instead of lines like most normal people would.

Having already seen him, it could loop back to Marty's comments of the detective's curse. Rust already interviewed the guy, he went back to that same school and found the stick thingers and paintings inside. While I agree with the notion this would be a pretty big flaw based on Rust's image and such, I can also see how this can be tied together as well.
Good point and I agree with all of it. It would have just made much more sense if this were Marty who had spoken with him as opposed to Rust, being that that particular theme is much more indicative of Hart's character than that of Rust. Again, nothing that breaks the show but it is odd they chose to go that route.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2014, 02:29 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was there any significance to the boat sailing by at the end?
Old 03-03-2014, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

It's pretty impossible to cut grass in lines on a riding lawnmower that's not zero degree.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Admittedly, I've never used a riding mower so I figured the clockwise cutting of grass was just a symbol.

One other thing I'm worried about, both Marty and Rust had moments in that episode where they were basically saying goodbye to the world. I'm afraid they are both going to go down while they expose the truth in the finale.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
It's pretty impossible to cut grass in lines on a riding lawnmower that's not zero degree.
That seems like a God awful state to live in. I honestly don't know how you guys do it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote