Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-17-2014, 05:56 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is interesting when discussing these big WRs. General separation is always a concern unless the guy is a great talent like AJ Green or Calvin Johnson. But in reality, those big 6'4 WRs aren't going to have the COD skills of Tavon Austin etc but there are more ways to separate.

I tend to think when watching TAMU this year that if Evans had single coverage then Manziel was going that way and not waiting until he uncovered.

I woul have more concerns for someone like Benjamin who isn't as physical as Evans and takes longer to build up speed. I think Evans will be just fine in the NFL

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think it is interesting when discussing these big WRs. General separation is always a concern unless the guy is a great talent like AJ Green or Calvin Johnson. But in reality, those big 6'4 WRs aren't going to have the COD skills of Tavon Austin etc but there are more ways to separate.

I tend to think when watching TAMU this year that if Evans had single coverage then Manziel was going that way and not waiting until he uncovered.

I woul have more concerns for someone like Benjamin who isn't as physical as Evans and takes longer to build up speed. I think Evans will be just fine in the NFL
I certainly would question Benjamin as well but I wouldn't leave Evans off that list. Manziel, whether he stays in the pocket or not, puts tremendous pressure on DB's, because the DB's cannot just concentrate on their main job of covering a receiver, they also have to keep an eye on Manziel who they know can take off at any moment. IMO, it gives Evans a huge edge in getting open. I'm not saying he will fail, only time in the NFL will tell if he can adjust, all I'm saying is that it is possible he won't be effective without Manziel to help him and that doubt with scouts could really drop him on draft day, especially if he struggles at the Combine. If he blows the Combine away that is another case.