Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-19-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default QB Throwing at Combine Thread

Well its that time of the year again. What QB's are we looking forward to watch throwing at the combine and who are we gonna be disappointing who is not throwing. I wish there was some way that even the top 5 QB who choose not throw are forced some how.. I mean it would only raise their stock.. Carr is already not throwing. sad but true.

Who is throwing -
Blake Bortles

Who is not throwing -
Derek Carr
Johnny Maziel

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 02-19-2014 at 02:53 PM.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bortles will, Manziel won't

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...-manziel-wont/
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured Manziel won't be. Nice to see Bortless throwing.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:31 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised to see Bortles throwing but I'm glad he is. From everything I hear, there really isn't a real downside to throwing. McCarron says he is still unsure if he is going to throw but I'm pretty sure he won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is Black Bortless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:43 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say that teams aren't going to care if a QB's timing is off with receivers that he hasn't worked with. I think they're mostly going to focus on arm strength and mechanics. Those are the two things that aren't going to be effected by the receivers you're throwing to.

I know that scouts loved Cam's performance at the combine even though he wasn't particularly accurate. They got to see his arm strength in person and it showed his competitiveness with him basically wanting to show that he was without a doubt the top QB that year.

It's possible that Manziel is holding off on throwing so that he can continue to work on his mechanics. It'll be interesting to see how Bortles performs as his mechanics are one of the big knocks on him. If he can show off improved mechanics and a strong arm, even in a controlled environment, it should help establish him as a top 10 pick.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I'd say that teams aren't going to care if a QB's timing is off with receivers that he hasn't worked with. I think they're mostly going to focus on arm strength and mechanics. Those are the two things that aren't going to be effected by the receivers you're throwing to.

I know that scouts loved Cam's performance at the combine even though he wasn't particularly accurate. They got to see his arm strength in person and it showed his competitiveness with him basically wanting to show that he was without a doubt the top QB that year.

It's possible that Manziel is holding off on throwing so that he can continue to work on his mechanics. It'll be interesting to see how Bortles performs as his mechanics are one of the big knocks on him. If he can show off improved mechanics and a strong arm, even in a controlled environment, it should help establish him as a top 10 pick.
I think Cam raised some questions with a lot of teams regarding his accuracy. Thing is it only takes one team to like you and obviously that team was Carolina.

Barring injury I think they all should throw. Stop being pussies like Blaine Gabbert and just compete.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:40 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Quote:

If Bortles performs well and Bridgewater weighs in at under 200lbs, Bortles should become the favorite top QB. I prefer Bortles over Bridgewater as is, but I don't know how an team can feel comfortable drafting a QB that is 6'3, 195lbs.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:14 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
If Bortles performs well and Bridgewater weighs in at under 200lbs, Bortles should become the favorite top QB. I prefer Bortles over Bridgewater as is, but I don't know how an team can feel comfortable drafting a QB that is 6'3, 195lbs.
I'll send you a brand new $1 bill if Bridgewater weighs less than 200# at the combine.

Get real.

Besides there's nothing wrong with drafting a Qb who weighs 195#, you just don't typically take them in the top 5.

Even if Teddy was max 195#, he'd still be a first rounder.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel has nothing to gain and a lot to lose by throwing at the combine
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carr needs to throw. I really think he's the next Blaine Gabbert. Can't hit anything beyond 10 yards and throws 60% screens.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I'll send you a brand new $1 bill if Bridgewater weighs less than 200# at the combine.

Get real.

Besides there's nothing wrong with drafting a Qb who weighs 195#, you just don't typically take them in the top 5.

Even if Teddy was max 195#, he'd still be a first rounder.
He was under 200 during his bowl game. If he shows up around 200 ls after months spent preparing for the combine, it would raise major durability concerns for me. As far as there being nothing wrong about drafting a QB of his size, we are talking about historically small frame for his height.

Bottom line, a QB isn't useful if he can't play.

If Bridgewater measures 6'3'', 200 - I have a hard time gambling on him being a franchise QB.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was under 200 during his bowl game. If he shows up around 200 ls after months spent preparing for the combine, it would raise major durability concerns for me. As far as there being nothing wrong about drafting a QB of his size, we are talking about historically small frame for his height.

Bottom line, a QB isn't useful if he can't play.

If Bridgewater measures 6'3'', 200 - I have a hard time gambling on him being a franchise QB.
So, having no history of injury means nothing in your book? I understand feeling better about a prospect that looks rugged, but on the other hand, I can't be concerned that a player isn't durable when he's been durable thus far.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Given that he was as you said under 200 pounds during the bowl game, if he showed up at the combine looking like Vernon Gholston, I'd be more concerned about that.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Carr needs to throw. I really think he's the next Blaine Gabbert. Can't hit anything beyond 10 yards and throws 60% screens.
2nd that. plus he curls up like a girl under pressure, and will not step up in the pocket like Gabbert. you can teach footwork, and some other things, but you cannot coach up being scary.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

even if Bridgewater comes in under 200, once he is in a NFL strength and conditioning program, he will gain some good weight.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:33 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacitykats View Post
even if Bridgewater comes in under 200, once he is in a NFL strength and conditioning program, he will gain some good weight.
Or will lose some weight.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:17 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
I disagree pretty strongly with this. Even if Bridgewater weighs 195 I'd still take him over Bortles in a heartbeat. Literally the only thing that Bortles has over Bridgewater is his size. In every other way to judge a QB Bridgewater is superior IMO. In my book Bortles is closer to losing the #3 spot to Mettenberger than he is to taking the #2 spot from Manziel.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
So, having no history of injury means nothing in your book? I understand feeling better about a prospect that looks rugged, but on the other hand, I can't be concerned that a player isn't durable when he's been durable thus far.
He was injured his junior year, he played through it on one leg but he did indeed get injured.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacitykats View Post
You cannot guarantee this, I've heard the saying 'maxed out body type' when referring to lots of NFL prospects, guys whose build is as big as it is going to get, in Bridgewater's case, he is just naturally thin and you have to assume that he may not even be able to carry 195lbs during a 16 game schedule.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 02-20-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I disagree pretty strongly with this. Even if Bridgewater weighs 195 I'd still take him over Bortles in a heartbeat. Literally the only thing that Bortles has over Bridgewater is his size. In every other way to judge a QB Bridgewater is superior IMO. In my book Bortles is closer to losing the #3 spot to Mettenberger than he is to taking the #2 spot from Manziel.
That's why Bortles is going to the Combine, he still has a lot to prove while Bridgewater and Manziel can only drop if things don't go well. However, I think you are underestimating the size issue, there are legitimate concerns over Bridgewater's body type, he is a naturally thin guy who likely cannot gain a lb and is far more likely to lose weight over the course of a NFL season.

The pro scouts seem to like Bortles makeup(intangibles) which is keeping him in the running for #1 QB overall. They also seem to feel that his mechanics are a lot easier to fix than Bridgewater's weight issues.

Right now I have the 3 top QB's in this order 1) Bridgewater, 2) Manziel and 3) Bortles but IMO, it is way too close to call and needs the Combine and Pro Days to work out the final order. They all have warts, just have to see who has made the most strides during the post season.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 02-20-2014 at 01:09 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Myself, I have no problem with a QB not throwing at the Combine, it isn't like they aren't going to be performing in front of pro scouts, Director of Personnel and GM's at some point. Not showing up at the Combine is their agent's decision not the prospect himself and the above group knows that.

These prospects are undergoing extreme training for the pro style system and another couple of weeks to a month, is just going to help them reach their goals. After all, there is millions at stake.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll leave this here

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...mming-national

But in know way would i draft bortles over bridgewater, he does nothing better than him.
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:43 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Arm View Post
I'll leave this here

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...mming-national

But in know way would i draft bortles over bridgewater, he does nothing better than him.
I think you mean in no way not in know way. Anywho Bortles is bigger, more athletic and has more upside than Bridgewater. So Bridgewater hit the weights these past few months, why wasn't he hitting the weights throughout college? Will this make people question his work ethic in college? Will he be able to keep the weight on during the season? Could be a double edged sword.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I think you mean in no way not in know way. Anywho Bortles is bigger, more athletic and has more upside than Bridgewater. So Bridgewater hit the weights these past few months, why wasn't he hitting the weights throughout college? Will this make people question his work ethic in college? Will he be able to keep the weight on during the season? Could be a double edged sword.
Yup, just because Teddy seems bigger now isn't necessarily a good thing. It's like guys who play slow but run in the 4.3s. It raises questions about why they didn't do that during the season.

In saying that, there are definitely reasons why people would like Bortles better than Teddy. Some more valid than others. But Bortles has prototypical size and tremendous upside. Right now Teddy is the better player, and IMO prospect, but in the perfect situation Bortles could definitely have the highest upside in this class and the hardest part of the evaluation is projection.

You don't draft a prospect for what he is, it is what he might become. If you feel that Teddy's ceiling is Matt Ryan and Bortles is higher then, if you think you can make Bortles reach his potential you are silly to not take him.

That being said I take Teddy. I think is upside is higher than Ryan's and the chances of him becoming a good NFL player is much better than Bortles. Though I do think Bortles has the higher upside, but whether he reaches it or not is a huge question mark

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote