Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 09:10 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,130
Reputation: 597016
SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Bortles has plenty of arm strength and it will develop even more in the league. Big Ben was drafted 10 years ago and had plenty of questions as a prospect - level of competition, playing almost exclusively out of the the shotgun. The Bortes/Roethlisberger is totally valid as prospects. Bortles might actually be more athletic and Ben might have had a stronger arm coming out.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Reputation: 38888
Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default



Come on now seriously, no probably for Garopollo but for Bridgewater it's an issue. People are nit picking Bridgewater for no reason.
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,168
Reputation: 950956
Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Your argument makes no sense, all we can do at this point in the process, if we are using Gabbert as an example, is project where Bortles will go based on his talent level and compare what that entails. Bortles, of course, still has to have his Combine performance before we are anywhere certain about where he will be picked, that is obviously yet to come. My argument is based on current thinking which of course is just a projection at this point of the process.
It doesn't change the fact that this is one of the best drafts of a decade and Gabbert's draft year was a poor one where teams took far more gambles trying to find talent.

No, your argument makes no sense. There are plenty of reasons why someone can say Blake Bortles is a better prospect than Blaine Gabbert. Blaine Gabbert had no business going in the first round let alone the top ten. But saying Blake Bortles is better because he may go third overall whereas Blaine Gabbert did get drafted tenth isn't one of them.

Any more than saying Kellen Winslow Jr. should get a contract commensurate with a first overall pick because the Jets said they had him rated as the top prospect even though he was in fact drafted sixth.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,432
Reputation: 348823
Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
No, your argument makes no sense. There are plenty of reasons why someone can say Blake Bortles is a better prospect than Blaine Gabbert. Blaine Gabbert had no business going in the first round let alone the top ten. But saying Blake Bortles is better because he may go third overall whereas Blaine Gabbert did get drafted tenth isn't one of them.

Any more than saying Kellen Winslow Jr. should get a contract commensurate with a first overall pick because the Jets said they had him rated as the top prospect even though he was in fact drafted sixth.
Sorry but I simply see no point to your argument, this is a great draft year pure and simple and Bortles getting talked up as a top 5 prospect puts him miles ahead of Gabbert who was drafted in the top 10 in a poor draft year. I could see Gabbert going top 10, he was the youngest player drafted in his draft year, so there were a reasonable thought process that suggested he could get better, he just didn't improve and that is all on him.

As for Winslow, where you get drafted is what you are paid for, every team suggest they had their guy rated much higher, just doesn't make it so, just a lot of PR to sell tickets and make their FO look good.
__________________
And proud of it!!!
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:16 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,337
Reputation: 700980
MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Arm View Post


Come on now seriously, no probably for Garopollo but for Bridgewater it's an issue. People are nit picking Bridgewater for no reason.
Sounds more like an observation and less like a criticism. Also, one is considered a potential #1 pick, the other is a FCS player (not named Steve McNair or Daunte Culpepper) who has more questions about if he can make it in the NFL.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,168
Reputation: 950956
Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Sorry but I simply see no point to your argument, this is a great draft year pure and simple and Bortles getting talked up as a top 5 prospect puts him miles ahead of Gabbert who was drafted in the top 10 in a poor draft year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
every team suggest they had their guy rated much higher, just doesn't make it so, just a lot of PR to sell tickets and make their FO look good.


Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Reputation: 38888
Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Sounds more like an observation and less like a criticism. Also, one is considered a potential #1 pick, the other is a FCS player (not named Steve McNair or Daunte Culpepper) who has more questions about if he can make it in the NFL.

I disagree.

It's hand size, if it's fine for one guy it should be fine for the other. He's not talking about a debatable attribute like arm strength it's a measurement.
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:30 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,337
Reputation: 700980
MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Arm View Post
I disagree.

It's hand size, if it's fine for one guy it should be fine for the other. He's not talking about a debatable attribute like arm strength it's a measurement.
Did you actually read the words he wrote? He simply said Bridgewater's hands were smaller than he and most people thought. If he wore 2 gloves at Louisville, then it makes sense people thought his hands were a bit bigger. He never said it was a flaw.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 107
Reputation: 38888
Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Did you actually read the words he wrote? He simply said Bridgewater's hands were smaller than he and most people thought. If he wore 2 gloves at Louisville, then it makes sense people thought his hands were a bit bigger. He never said it was a flaw.
People actually thought his hands were smaller, it's one of the things that he was being knocked for.
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.