Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-10-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

i wouldnt count ohio state out from winning the big 10 if their new QB adjusts quickly to starting (even if he's just decent), they play good defense and Beanie Wells tears it up like i think he will.

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

JCarver27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1 View Post
i wouldnt count ohio state out from winning the big 10 if their new QB adjusts quickly to starting (even if he's just decent), they play good defense and Beanie Wells tears it up like i think he will.
No, didn't you get the memo? They're losing starters!!!!!!1!
JCarver27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

USC lost starters and almost went to the national championship last year. i think the buckeyes will still be a top 10 team

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver27 View Post
No, didn't you get the memo? They're losing starters!!!!!!1!
well yea...didn't you know that any replacement coming in can't succeed because they haven't started before? I mean you have to be a starter for like 3 years to be good... lol

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I'd be more willing to go with Illinois as the darkhorse over Indiana because Illinois at least has some solid players on defense.
IU doesn't have solid players on defense? That's news to me. I'm pretty sure they return a 2nd-Team All Big Ten corner and two Freshman All-American linebackers. Not to mention the defense will only improve as they now have a full understanding of a system that few, if any, had ever played in before.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver27 View Post
you're right....it's possible they could have a down year, so every single year they lose people to the draft and graduation every other Big10 team needs to shout about how OSU is losing so much and they'll be down.

As if OSU is the only school where kids leave from one year to the next.

How about this. When losing players to the draft and graduation resulting in a down year for OSU becomes the rule rather than the exception, then you can spout off all preseason about it.
So I can't claim they are going to have a bad year, but you can just randomly claim a good year because they did it last year in a completly different situation... You make no sense... I never said OSU was the only school and I never even said anything remotely close to that, but most teams that lose key players, like their whole offense fall off unless they have 5-star superstars replacing them...

OH but USC! USC still had 2 top recievers in the nation. They have two of the best back up QBs... Name one team that didn't fall off that bad after losing their top WR's and not having a top notch QB recruit coming in... Texas had a superstar RB, good WRs, really good o-line, and a really good defense and they suffered last year.

Not to mention your defense that is going to carry you is overrated.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
'backer

The defense was overrated last year. However, overrated or not, they will probably have the top defense in the Big 10, certainly top 3. Wisconsin and PSU will have good defenses. Michigan is Michigan and will almost certainly put out a decent unit, but I don't think it will be as good as OSU's, Wisconsin's, or PSU's.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:26 AM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

JCarver27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
So I can't claim they are going to have a bad year, but you can just randomly claim a good year because they did it last year in a completly different situation... You make no sense... I never said OSU was the only school and I never even said anything remotely close to that, but most teams that lose key players, like their whole offense fall off unless they have 5-star superstars replacing them...

OH but USC! USC still had 2 top recievers in the nation. They have two of the best back up QBs... Name one team that didn't fall off that bad after losing their top WR's and not having a top notch QB recruit coming in... Texas had a superstar RB, good WRs, really good o-line, and a really good defense and they suffered last year.

Not to mention your defense that is going to carry you is overrated.
1. I never said you can't claim they'll have a down year.
2. I never "randomly" said they'll have a good year.

I'd just like somebody for once to not sit around with their thumb up their ass and say stupid crap like "They're losing starters, they won't be as good" as if it is a guaranteed fact.

And yes, I'm completely sure the D is overrated. I'm seriously worried about it. What ever will they do.
JCarver27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Enough about Iowa. They're supposed to be good every friggin year according to ESPN and they make Drew Tate out to be the next Tom Brady. Let it go, Iowa is not that good. The way people talk about Kirk Ferentz makes you think he created the game and invented the forward pass
Here here!! Much of them also fail to realize what a historically mediocre program they are. I've actually seen some compare themselves to Michigan and OSU.

I guess when you live in Iowa the Hawkeyes are about as exciting news as it gets.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Here here!! Much of them also fail to realize what a historically mediocre program they are. I've actually seen some compare themselves to Michigan and OSU.

I guess when you live in Iowa the Hawkeyes are about as exciting news as it gets.
Yea well for people who live in Iowa it is the only thing because really what else is there? and if anyone ever compares us to Michigan or OSU would be hilarious, maybe we could be comparable for a season but never historically...the only thing we can claim to be better in historically is basketball and that was like 60 years ago and wrestling, which no one cares about...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 04-11-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Illinois is my darkhorse. They have a LOT of talent... some that people don't really know about. Zook's recruiting is going to start paying dividends this year.

Look out for Jeff Cumberland. He's a 6'5 250 lbs tight end who runs sub 4.5 for the illini. He woulda been at Ohio State had he gotten better grades.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU's defense was overrated last year but they had 9 new starters, I mean how much can you expect. They will be as good this year as they were made out to be last year because of experience. OSU will win the Big 11.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yea well for people who live in Iowa it is the only thing because really what else is there? and if anyone ever compares us to Michigan or OSU would be hilarious, maybe we could be comparable for a season but never historically...the only thing we can claim to be better in historically is basketball and that was like 60 years ago and wrestling, which no one cares about...
Is Iowa State better than Iowa in wrestling?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
No
10 characters

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 04-11-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Two words: Cael Sanderson, ex-undefeated wrestler, now coach

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Illinois is my darkhorse too. I'd like to see Minnesota do well, and I think their defense will be very good, but the spread offense is going to take a while to install.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Two words: Cael Sanderson, ex-undefeated wrestler, now coach
http://hawkeyesports.cstv.com/sports...120306aab.html

we've also had down years I guess for the past 3-4 years because we didn't win the Big 10 or a National Champ.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 04-11-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah Illinois is my darkhorse too. I'd like to see Minnesota do well, and I think their defense will be very good, but the spread offense is going to take a while to install.
Juice to Benn all day will be tough to stop

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Juice to Benn all day will be tough to stop
yea but first Juice has to learn how to throw something other than "as hard/far as I can"...until then, I feel confident that they will be average

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver