Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 03-01-2014, 09:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
JBalla and I had a great time. It was fun mafia.
We went out in a blaze of glory. That was always the backup plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:09 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I still don't know how you play.
Truthfully, I don't always know how I play. I have different strategies each game. I don't always try to get lynched but it often works out that way. I guess my basic strategy is that of a jester. I like to gauge people's reactions to my sometimes erratic actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Truthfully, I don't always know how I play. I have different strategies each game. I don't always try to get lynched but it often works out that way. I guess my basic strategy is that of a jester. I like to gauge people's reactions to my sometimes erratic actions.
That makes sense. *Takes Notes*

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well played everyone, was fun. I'm pretty happy I got to be the headcrab, but I didn't really get to use it :( Night one I targeted Rob and he was killed, and night two I died. sad times

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:24 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well played everyone, was fun. I'm pretty happy I got to be the headcrab, but I didn't really get to use it :( Night one I targeted Rob and he was killed, and night two I died. sad times
We blocked you/killed Rob night one.

Quote:

Old 03-01-2014, 10:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Nah, he didn't read the QT, Grizz just got game.
Grizz lives in my head. I tried to kick him out once but then he was all "Let's call up Rufus and get pizza" so now he just kind of hangs around and makes me paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
You claimed out of nowhere. It was so obvious you were full of ****, I couldn't believe it. It was a poor move on your part and I can't believe it worked
From what I remember, you couldn't have defended yourself any better. It just... worked?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:04 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Work is really messin' with my mafia career.

This is why I can never have a girlfriend.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:43 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure, blame it on us if it makes you feel better.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:03 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't! It doesn't make me feel better at all!

I'M SO LONELYYYYYYYYYY!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alrighty write-up time. :D Roles first so I don't have to include the names in the write-up.

Good:
Gordon Freeman (CJ): Hero with abilities that unlock when gifted.

Alyx Vance (Rob): Even Night Bodyguard with 100% chance to die for Gordon Freeman if it occurred on an Odd Night.

Eli Vance (SP): Masoned with Dr. Kleiner and had ability to search for Gordon Freeman using a secret radio network. If he located someone who had confirmation of Gordon Freeman OR if he radioed Gordon Freeman himself he would know the identity. The reason for this was due to the technology Dr. Kleiner was developing.

Dr. Kleiner (McGee): Masoned with Eli Vance. Had the ability to create a gift after Day 3 (HEV Suit - Bulletproof vest 1x) which also removed the 1x Lynch and 1x Bulletproof protection from The Advisor due to an understanding of portal technology.

***Special note: Vance and Kleiner were SUPER-Masons in that they could communicate via Quicktopic at any time. This is explained by them working in the same lab while working towards understanding portal technology.***

Odessa Cubbage (Broth): Started as a triggered backup. He had zero power but was told he COULD have one in the future. When Barney Calhoun died he was triggered to being forced to step-up for the town. Due to his cowardly nature he wouldn't properly investigate so his results were randomized. Another hidden trigger that DID NOT occur was if Gman investigated him Cubbage would have a conversation with him and renew his hope in mankind. This would have made Cubbage a SANE Cop rather than random.

Barney Calhoun (IBC): Town's tracker. In addition he had Gordon Freeman's crowbar. If he had tracked Gordon Freeman he would have given it to him allowing Freeman to escape 1x night kill.

Father Gregori (JR): Special investigator (only was hunting headcrabs/infected) that had Gordon Freeman's shotgun. He would give Gordon Freeman the ability to kill one player per night if he found him.

D-Unit, Brody, UK, Rufus, and OSU (Pro-Earth Freedom Fighter): Townies.

Neutral:
Vidae (Headcrab): Originally he was a recruiting class but due to numbers I trimmed it only being able to attach to one person and essentially roleblock them the rest of the game. If the player he attached to was killed he would survive and attach to a new player the next night. If he were killed it would kill both himself and the player he was attached to.

Grizz (Gman): Hilarious stump role with a VERY, VERY, hard win condition. He had to say the words "sleeping on the job" in order to be stumped night 1. His win condition required Gordon Freeman OR Alyx Vance to survive to the end of the game AND for the mafia to win. He then had a couple abilities...

1x Protection: Remove Gordon Freeman or Alyx Vance from time. Role-blocks AND protects them from all actions.

1x Double-vote: Must be a hammer.

Investigation: He would know the role, alignment, and story of the character. Essentially the entire role PM.

Evil:
TH (The Advisor): No abilities but started with a 1x lynch and 1x night kill protection. Hidden trigger from Eli Vance/McGee removed the protection after Day 3. If ANY of the investigators targeted The Advisor at any time they would have gone crazy and committed suicide since The Advisor is a crazy psychic monster.

Gonzo (Dr. Breen): Roleblocker with a special trigger. If The Advisor or Dr. Breen were successfully lynched a 1x "Breencast" would occur and the lynch would be stopped for the day. Hidden trigger: Dr. Breen loses all his power when it occurs.

jballa (Combine Soldier): Mafia goon. Unlike in the game I made him human so Father Gregori's power wouldn't give the town too much power.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Last edited by Trogdor : 03-02-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hidden Triggers that happened:
Gman spoke the words "sleeping on the job" and become a stump during night 1.

Father Gregori gave Gordon Freeman the shotgun. Unlocked CJ's ability to kill one person per night.

SP discovered Gordon Freeman using his radio.

McGee died which meant SP had to survive Day 3 in order to complete the HEV suit. This also removed The Advisor's 1x Lynch and 1x Nightkill protections.

SP gave the HEV suit to Gordon Freeman.

Dr. Breen activated "Breencast" which allowed him to escape the lynch but removed his powers.

Hidden Triggers that didn't happen:
Barney Calhoun did not get Gordon Freeman his crowbar. This would have allowed him to escape 1x night kill.

Father Gregori did not find the headcrab/infected. If he had discovered them while investigating he would have killed them.

None of the investigators/cops/etc looked into The Advisor. Doing so would have caused them to go insane and commit suicide.

Alyx Vance did not die for Gordon Freeman. This only would have occurred if he died on an Odd night.

The headcrab did not cause two deaths by being attached to a victim and dying.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly I was MVP :)
Old 03-02-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you mean me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:36 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I think you are both not low.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I think you are both not low.
You're goddamn right.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

MVP would be JR. He had the hardest win-con out of the winners and without him the town doesn't win IMHO. The bulletproof vest wouldn't have been on CJ if not for JR finding him night one and the unintentional reveal.

Freeman's excellent shot on TH the first night he was unprotected was great for the town.

Very, very curious last night for the mafia. Broth was probably the worst target I could come up with. Jballa easily could have driven him to a lynch and killed CJ to protect himself at night.

Game was a lot of fun to watch unfold knowing the triggers. I think it balanced out very nicely even though I had to ditch roles. The town had everything fall into place after a shaky start.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Even though the mafia was unjustly robbed of our glory, good game boys and great job Troggy! You burninated the hell out of this one, in a good way! Looking forward to more of your games.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.