Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-18-2014, 06:15 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
NJX only liked Audi when nobody knew who they were.
pfft, i liked them after everyone else stopped liking them the first time but before they started liking them the second time.

also before i saw the 60k+ mile maintenance stats. **** was positively putrid when i bought my subie a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
njx probably drives some Chinese car that none of us are cool enough to have heard of.
i strategically pulled letters off the back of my 4runner to make it say cool things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Yes, really. I love mine.
meh. to each their own, i guess. i really wanted one until i spent a lot of time doing research and test-driving.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Congrats.

I'm guessing you're not a car nut, as that call for suggestions is wide open. What are you looking for? Commuter machine? Something with a soul? Creature comforts over all? Status? Lots of ways to go with a generic "any suggestions" here.
You're right I'm definitely not a car guy...commuter machine would be the way to put it I suppose but not something super cheap. Research might make an Audi guy out of me though I have to give props to Damix.

NJ, i hear you on the commute...I worked in LA for a couple years and basically had to leave the city after spending 3+ hours a day in my car. Caltrain is an option but the job is in fashion island which is a few miles away. I've had serious thoughts about caltraining everyday and breaking a razor scooter, but I don't think my ego can take it.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:21 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Y
NJ, i hear you on the commute...I worked in LA for a couple years and basically had to leave the city after spending 3+ hours a day in my car. Caltrain is an option but the job is in fashion island which is a few miles away. I've had serious thoughts about caltraining everyday and breaking a razor scooter, but I don't think my ego can take it.
ahhh, gotcha. man, i dunno. that whole commute-area really kept me from even applying in that area. rent is too high to be near the job and the commute sucks too much to be far from it.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ahhh, gotcha. man, i dunno. that whole commute-area really kept me from even applying in that area. rent is too high to be near the job and the commute sucks too much to be far from it.
i know i know. the (very) tentative plan is to stick in this position for a year or two until they IPO and then take a bit of time to scout around for my dream job. I figure i can put up with the garbage in the short term.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
i know i know. the (very) tentative plan is to stick in this position for a year or two until they IPO and then take a bit of time to scout around for my dream job. I figure i can put up with the garbage in the short term.
absolutely. if i wasn't spoiled here, it probably would've been tempting to give it a go for a couple of years for the same reasons.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd recommend subaru. Great price/performance/efficiency ratio and the maintenance costs won't ruin your budget like the german machines. Best awd platform around and a brand name that carries more weight than the toyota/hondatypes can muster.

Best bang for he buck. It's just too bad they no longer offer the legacy gt that was a beastly turbocharged sedan.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:38 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Which branch? I can tell you pretty much all you need to know about the Navy enlisting and in boot camp.
I'm working towards Army right now. I still gotta get medically cleared and pass the pre asvabQT test. Was gonna take it last week but the local site servers went down so I couldn't take hopefully next week I can.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Best bang for he buck. It's just too bad they no longer offer the legacy gt that was a beastly turbocharged sedan.
that was my last one (an '07). if i'd had it to do over, i would've just gone with the regular legacy. the sport/sport# modes just weren't ever really useful, and the low profile tires sucked. i will never, ever get another car with those ******* things.

it was awesome in the mountains.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:25 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Uggggg, I don't know why people have to make things so difficult...

I do a lot of database management work. I'm updating things for this guy. He sends me what is obviously a screenshot of an Excel worksheet. So rather than open the Excel sheet, do one little formula to get in the right format, I have to manually write this long ass SQL statement. Why would you do that? What goes through a person's mind to make them think that a screenshot of an Excel sheet is more convenient than the actual sheet itself?
That's when I put it down and send the email saying send me the sheet please. Hate it also, best part is half the time the picture they take is a bigger file than the spreadsheet, so absolutely no reason to send a picture, it takes them more work.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Congrats BDD, that commute must have sucked.

If you can get free education after you graduate w/ a bachelors what would be better. Another bachelors or a post grad certificate? The post grad certificate is usually 15 credits in a specialized field, and usually if you do well in them you can roll into the grad program.
Why not just do a masters?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the A5.

The new 4 series coupe is pure sex though.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:45 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Post about work, and career stuff here, what you hate, what you like....just that type of ****....ya know?
Intern at a mental health center while currently pursuing my PsyD.

During nighttime I morph into a delivery driver and deliver ****** pizzas to happy customers.

This Dominos job gave me the time flexibility I seriously needed because most of my daytime is spent at my internship. But I don't recommend it otherwise. Your car will take an a$$ kicking, drivers get tipped like **** these days (I say these days, but it could be for the last 100 years for all I know).
Old 04-22-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Intern at a mental health center while currently pursuing my PsyD.

During nighttime I morph into a delivery driver and deliver ****** pizzas to happy customers.

This Dominos job gave me the time flexibility I seriously needed because most of my daytime is spent at my internship. But I don't recommend it otherwise. Your car will take an a$$ kicking, drivers get tipped like **** these days (I say these days, but it could be for the last 100 years for all I know).
The problem with Dominos is that they charge the delivery fee that they state doesn't go to the driver, so the customer is already pissed that a tip is expected on top of that. Dominos should eliminate the delivery fee or jack up the fee (to compensate the drivers) and eliminate tipping. I think you'd make more money and the customers would be happier.

Go ahead and forward that to whoever can make that happen. You're welcome.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Why not just do a masters?

IDK if I have a GPA to get into a masters program. And I have heard a lot of stories of ppl in the business world being over qualified and in experienced for people who have their masters young.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I've been at my current place for just a month, but I just got offered ALOT more money at another firm, which most likely I will be taking. I feel like a *****. But **** it, $$$$
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well I've been at my current place for just a month, but I just got offered ALOT more money at another firm, which most likely I will be taking. I feel like a *****. But **** it, $$$$
Sounds about right. Feel bad about it for a bit and then take the money. At will employment is a two way street. :)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm sure you would anyway, but make sure you let your current place know why you're leaving. A lot of time they will surprise you and match other offers.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I'm sure you would anyway, but make sure you let your current place know why you're leaving. A lot of time they will surprise you and match other offers.
Yeah Im giving them the two weeks, don't want to leave them hanging, and I'm not sure how likely they'll match the 25% increase in salary for a guy whose been there a month :/. It's not like I've built that much equity here yet.

The only thing I'm bummed about is that my current office is a 2 min drive from my house, so the ability to go home for lunch and knock one out was convenient.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
The problem with Dominos is that they charge the delivery fee that they state doesn't go to the driver, so the customer is already pissed that a tip is expected on top of that. Dominos should eliminate the delivery fee or jack up the fee (to compensate the drivers) and eliminate tipping. I think you'd make more money and the customers would be happier.

Go ahead and forward that to whoever can make that happen. You're welcome.
Yeah but that'd require them not being greedy bastards.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
IDK if I have a GPA to get into a masters program. And I have heard a lot of stories of ppl in the business world being over qualified and in experienced for people who have their masters young.
Get any post grad education after you work. That way they pay for it, plus you get a pay bump after you complete it (for the most part). Also having work experience makes it easier to get accepted into master programs.

What's your major?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a business admin major. I always thought do post grad work when your company will pay for it. But if I can get it for free from my dads situation why not. I was hesitant about an MBA I heard companies want something more specific with grad school. But if I can get it immediately why not and hopefully get something more specific later down the road. I always thought u needed real good grades for grad school but after some research you don't necessarily need a high GPA
Old 04-23-2014, 06:32 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i don't buy that an MBA will get you anything but behind, in comparison to just getting actual experience.

i'm hiring the guy who's actually done it 10/10 times over the guy who went to school longer to learn it.

*shrug*
Old 04-23-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's actually probably harder to get hired with an MBA in a lot of cases, especially with no experience.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having an MBA is good, but experience is much more important. Best case is you get a job, they are willing to pay some or all of your tuition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought you needed work experience to get a decent MBA anyways.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote