Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-09-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So everyone is saying that Matthews is better than Joeckel? Well apparently Texas A & M's coaching staff disagreed since they had Joeckel playing LT the whole time while Matthews had to hold down RT. I'm not disagreeing necessarily but I find it odd how everyone has Matthews pegged ahead of Joeckel without a second thought.
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Dallas would likely have no interest in Gilbert and no they would not try to convert him to safety. They might trade the pick if he was there though.
My main focus is on Gilbert sliding. The way he's been raved about I just cannot see him falling into someone's lap damn near the 20th pick. I would instantly think the phones would start ringing somewhere along the lines after #15 since Pittsburgh didn't snatch him or #14 if they knew they weren't going to take him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Tough call, the OT's were clearly the best of the talent available last year and I remember that Matthews was ahead of Lewan but behind Fisher and Joeckel in the pre declaring period but a year at starting as a LT might have definitely pushed him higher. Robinson is an absolutely tremendous talent but he was pretty raw in 2012/13, made a great leap forward this year and is right there with the top guys if not ahead. Then Lewan and then Johnson. Has to be the finest 2 year period for LT's maybe ever.
If we want to get really carried away next years group with Irving, Scherff and Ogbuhi (sorry for spelling errors) is going to be real solid too.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1105 View Post
So everyone is saying that Matthews is better than Joeckel? Well apparently Texas A & M's coaching staff disagreed since they had Joeckel playing LT the whole time while Matthews had to hold down RT. I'm not disagreeing necessarily but I find it odd how everyone has Matthews pegged ahead of Joeckel without a second thought.
Where does it say playing LT in college automatically makes someone a better pro prospect than someone who played RT for 3 of 4 years in college?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Where does it say playing LT in college automatically makes someone a better pro prospect than someone who played RT for 3 of 4 years in college?
I agree. If you ask me it doesn't do you any justice to take Joeckel if your starting QB is a lefty so all in all it doesn't matter to an extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if Miami signs Branden Albert do the Dolphins go in a differant direction with that first pick. Something tells me unless something special falls to them it's still o-line.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
So if Miami signs Branden Albert do the Dolphins go in a differant direction with that first pick. Something tells me unless something special falls to them it's still o-line.
I think if they sign Albert, they won't go OL in round 1, round 2/3 is a different story but in round 1 I could see another WR or a defensive player.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think if they sign Albert, they won't go OL in round 1, round 2/3 is a different story but in round 1 I could see another WR or a defensive player.
You might be right. That line needs a complete overhaul and the WR crop is deep to the mid rounds. Interesting.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Scott,

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Manziel going at #5 instead of Bridgewater. My guess is that you hit on it a little bit with your talk of the energizing Johnny Football, but I'd like to hear more regarding the comparison.

My personal response would be to rip my TV out of the wall and throw it out the window if that happened. I believe Manziel has some high upside and will bring dynamic okay to the NFL right away, but the learning curve for him to bring consistently positive play is going to be very steep. In comparison, Bridgewater is likely the most NFL ready QB in this draft with a high football IQ, ability to read defenses and progress through reads, and the ability to make the right throws at the right time.

For a coaching staff that benched Terrelle Pryor for Matt "Interception" McGloin (!!!!) it seems to make sense that they are looking for a more prototypical QB who makes plays with his arm first, Bridgewater seems to makes more sense.

Also, for a regime that needs to see positive results now, the QB who can come in and play like an NFL QB and consistently make NFL reads and NFL throws seems to make sense. And that would be Bridgewater as well.

What are your thoughts?
Well, I don't even have Manziel graded as a first rounder so I wouldn't agree with the Raiders taking him at #5 overall. With that said what does Oakland have to lose? There is a good chance both Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen are going to be fired in less than a year and the best shot they have of saving their jobs is probably to find a spark at the quarterback position. Who has a better chance of providing that than Johnny Football? And if Manziel is a disaster they will just get fired like they were probably going to anyway. That's assuming Manziel even makes it to #5, which is no sure-thing so this may in fact end up being a moot-point. :o)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1105 View Post
Tyron Smith played right tackle at USC because they had Matt Kalil on the blindside.

Turns out they are both pretty good but Smith might actually be a slightly better pro.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

I just posted Round 2 of the new mock on the site so be sure to check it out!

I also went back and flip-flopped the Lions and Ravens choices in round one. So I now have Oklahoma St. CB Justin Gilbert to Detroit and Texas A&M WR Mike Evans to Baltimore.

I just think those pieces fit a little better for each team in both round one and round two plus it's more reflective of Gilbert's value. There will be plenty of fantastic wideouts available for the Lions on Day 2 but there certainly won't be a corner nearly as talented as Justin Gilbert.

Last edited by Scott Wright : 03-09-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That'd be an incredible giants draft but ooooh I don't know if I see the giants passing on Evans. He's probably my dream pick for us at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Borland gets a huge thumbs up

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Tyron Smith played right tackle at USC because they had Matt Kalil on the blindside.

Turns out they are both pretty good but Smith might actually be a slightly better pro.
There are always differant reasons. Khalil was already at Lt whereas I believe both Joeckel and Matthews came into the lineup the same time. No biggy to me.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Athletically, I think Jimmie Ward matches up very well with Dix and Pryor. He ran faster than each (even if you adjust his Pro Day 40) and jumped better than each. I believe we weighed in at 197 for his Pro Day (11 lbs lighter than Dix and 10 lbs lighter than Pryor). But I think Ed Reed weighed in at 198 coming out of UM. What you give up in bulk, you get in CB quickness and ball skills. He and Dix are the most consistent tacklers in the top tier S's, and each can separate the ball from the receiver, but I think Ward covers more ground, has better instincts, and takes better angles. Speaking of covering ground, instincts, and angles, I think Dix is very good in each category; I think Ward is great in each.

I think you nailed the top-notch intangibles, but I think you're underestimating his physical tools. I think he's the next great FS in the style of Ed Reed and Earl Thomas.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:53 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I also went back and flip-flopped the Lions and Ravens choices in round one. So I now have Oklahoma St. CB Justin Gilbert to Detroit and Texas A&M WR Mike Evans to Baltimore.

I just think those pieces fit a little better for each team in both round one and round two plus it's more reflective of Gilbert's value. There will be plenty of fantastic wideouts available for the Lions on Day 2 but there certainly won't be a corner nearly as talented as Justin Gilbert.
Just saw the Raiders pick in round 2. While I like Beckham, would it make more sense to get a big target for Manziel in this case? Maybe someone like ASJ?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:56 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kouandjio's problems remind me a lot of Jeff Otah. Otah was a very good RT when he played but he only logged 29 games before retiring.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Niners taking McCarron in the second round, not a chance.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Just saw the Raiders pick in round 2. While I like Beckham, would it make more sense to get a big target for Manziel in this case? Maybe someone like ASJ?
I considered a tight end for the Raiders.

Actually, I wouldn't argue against any position being a need for Oakland at this point.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I considered a tight end for the Raiders.

Actually, I wouldn't argue against any position being a need for Oakland at this point.
I am in 100% agreement with you. Every position is a need, especially if rumors are true that Veldheer will not be retained. That puts the Raiders in a good position with a deep draft to draft the BPA with the best value and add some fantastic value to this team.

By the same token, it sets the Raiders up to be bottom feeders in the league for a very long time. This regime is about to take the fall for Al Davis' failures of the past decade. They were left with a bare cupboard, a terrible cap situation and absolutely no draft picks. But they have made poor choices with the cards they were given. And for that the Raiders have made no headway in the rebuilding of this franchise.

The problem with having so many needs is that I don't trust this regime to make the right decisions with the draft picks they have. They have been able to pull out some solid contributors with late round picks and UDFAs--Rod Streater and the like--but they haven't brought in a single contributor in the draft other than perhaps Sio Moore last year.

If the Raiders go with Manziel in the 1st (and I pray they do not) I think a big body, big target like ASJ makes a lot of sense. But the Raiders have needs everywhere including a playmaker at WR.

If the Raiders lose out on their key free agents this year, it might be best to mail it in for this year's draft, take the route of building up the rest of the team focusing on the lines and forego a QB this year. Flirt with 0-16 next year and take the best QB at #1 over next year with hopefully a better supporting cast in place.

The only way I take a QB this year if I'm the Raiders is if Bridgewater is available because I trust him as a leader and his ability to make the players around him better. He's no Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning or even Cam Newton, but he seems to be a great leader with fantastic QB skills beyond just being a good passer.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If Mike Evans is on the board and the rams pass on him for HCD, I'm gonna be pissed. He's what Bradford needs. And he's a top 8 talent in this class. No way Fisher takes a fs over him IMO.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am in 100% agreement with you. Every position is a need, especially if rumors are true that Veldheer will not be retained. That puts the Raiders in a good position with a deep draft to draft the BPA with the best value and add some fantastic value to this team.

By the same token, it sets the Raiders up to be bottom feeders in the league for a very long time. This regime is about to take the fall for Al Davis' failures of the past decade. They were left with a bare cupboard, a terrible cap situation and absolutely no draft picks. But they have made poor choices with the cards they were given. And for that the Raiders have made no headway in the rebuilding of this franchise.

The problem with having so many needs is that I don't trust this regime to make the right decisions with the draft picks they have. They have been able to pull out some solid contributors with late round picks and UDFAs--Rod Streater and the like--but they haven't brought in a single contributor in the draft other than perhaps Sio Moore last year.

If the Raiders go with Manziel in the 1st (and I pray they do not) I think a big body, big target like ASJ makes a lot of sense. But the Raiders have needs everywhere including a playmaker at WR.

If the Raiders lose out on their key free agents this year, it might be best to mail it in for this year's draft, take the route of building up the rest of the team focusing on the lines and forego a QB this year. Flirt with 0-16 next year and take the best QB at #1 over next year with hopefully a better supporting cast in place.

The only way I take a QB this year if I'm the Raiders is if Bridgewater is available because I trust him as a leader and his ability to make the players around him better. He's no Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning or even Cam Newton, but he seems to be a great leader with fantastic QB skills beyond just being a good passer.
The Raiders being unable to get Veldheer and Houston locked up is unfathomable to me.

They are finally out of salary cap hell and those are arguably their two best players at key positions who are entering their primes. If you aren't going to pay them then who are you going to pay?

Old 03-10-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Totally understand the mocking of DAT to the saints, also absolutely hate it unless he plays slot substantially better than I expect him to. With the board thats available there are about 2 or 3 spots where a starter can be drafted and to pass that up for a third/fourth running back in the mold of someone we already have in cadet is just wrong. Jimmy Ward would be the perfect pick to me but Donte Moncrief would also help the team a ton more than DAT imo

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
The Raiders being unable to get Veldheer and Houston locked up is unfathomable to me.

They are finally out of salary cap hell and those are arguably their two best players at key positions who are entering their primes. If you aren't going to pay them then who are you going to pay?
Unfathomable doesn't even describe my feelings. We aren't talking about a Michael Huff/Stanford Routt deal where these are the "best of what they have" but not actually quality players. These are guys that are top 3 in their positions in FA, young up and comers and they aren't going to be able to retain either of them?

That baffles me. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see something ridiculous like Derek Carr or AJ McCarron at #5. Or trade back to #22 for a 3rd rounder and draft Jimmy G.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Verrett is not falling that far and I'd be shocked if DAT went in the 2nd round. I'm thinking 4th or 5th round.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote