Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Fuller is the best CB in the class. He answered his biggest critic and that was long speed.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I think Fuller is the best CB in the class. He answered his biggest critic and that was long speed.
i think its gilbert but not by much.. pretty much even in my eyes now

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
whats your hate with amaro?

who would be better than fuller at 15? assuming no one falls
Amaro looks so weak at going up for the ball, unless you hit him wide open he isnt really the biggest threat.

Id rather reach a bit for Beckham or Benjamin than take fuller at 15, i guess i dont HATE it but i do have over 15 non QBs ranked higher than him right now.

I think Denanrd is the pick, which makes me kind of sad but not really

Heres my break down:

Tears of Joy Happy (Decastro fell in this tier)
Clowney, Watkins, Mack

Very Happy
Evans, Gilbert, Matthews, Robinson, Barr

I accept and hope for the best:
Lee, Beckham, Benjamin, Ebron, Dennard, Shazier, Hageman, Fuller, Donald

Im a sad person:
Verrett, Mosely, Roby

Im going to throw a fit of rage at 15 (Evander hood was in this catergory)
Nix (love him in 2 though), And Lewan..please god dont let the pick be Lewan
Old 04-24-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See, I like Nix. I just don't feel his knees will hold up.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

So here's my guess on who is on the top of their board at 15 and 46 that are expected to be there:

1) Darqueze Dennard, Justin Gilbert, Odell Beckham Jr
2) Louis Nix, Kelvin Benjamin, Martavis Bryant, Phillip Gaines, Allen Robinson

Only way I see a pass rusher is if they feel they won't get Worilds resigned or if Lawrence or Crichton fall to the second. I like next year's pass rushers more, though.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could we possibly get Dennard in the first and Roby in the second

What would you guys feel about that?
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I wouldn't hate it. Don't think they do it. But that'd be sick.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Amaro looks so weak at going up for the ball, unless you hit him wide open he isnt really the biggest threat.

Id rather reach a bit for Beckham or Benjamin than take fuller at 15, i guess i dont HATE it but i do have over 15 non QBs ranked higher than him right now.

I think Denanrd is the pick, which makes me kind of sad but not really

Heres my break down:

Tears of Joy Happy (Decastro fell in this tier)
Clowney, Watkins, Mack

Very Happy
Evans, Gilbert, Matthews, Robinson, Barr

I accept and hope for the best:
Lee, Beckham, Benjamin, Ebron, Dennard, Shazier, Hageman, Fuller, Donald

Im a sad person:
Verrett, Mosely, Roby

Im going to throw a fit of rage at 15 (Evander hood was in this catergory)
Nix (love him in 2 though), And Lewan..please god dont let the pick be Lewan

It's not because I've had a few beers, but because of your foretelling of Hood and Urbik, I love you! And listen to everything you say since then!
Only thing I disagree on is Robinson in the first. The OT, right?
I see in him what you saw in Hood and Urbik!
Old 04-27-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My tier for guys using the top 32 (assuming we stay at 15):

Ecstatic:
DE Jadeveon Clowney
LB Khalil Mack
OT Greg Robinson
OT Jake Matthews
WR Sammy Watkins
WR Mike Evans

Very Happy:
OLB Anthony Barr
CB Justin Gilbert
WR Kelvin Benjamin
S Calvin Pryor

Happy:
LB C.J. Mosley
LB Ryan Shazier
CB Darqueze Dennard
WR Marqise Lee
CB Kyle Fuller

Can Live With It:
OT Taylor Lewan
TE Eric Ebron
S HaSean Clinton-Dix
NT Louis Nix
DE Stephon Tuitt
DT Aaron Donald
CB Bradley Roby
WR Brandin Cooks

Not Excited:
QB Teddy Bridgewater
OT Zach Martin
DE Kony Ealy
DT Ra'Shede Hageman
DE Dee Ford
DT Timmy Jernigan
OT Cyrus Kouandjio
OT Joel Bitonio
DE Demarcus Lawrence

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:58 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
It's not because I've had a few beers, but because of your foretelling of Hood and Urbik, I love you! And listen to everything you say since then!
Only thing I disagree on is Robinson in the first. The OT, right?
I see in him what you saw in Hood and Urbik!
solid admissions of man love itt

Old 04-28-2014, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Cody Latimer? I think he could be a steal in round 2.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
What do you guys think about Cody Latimer? I think he could be a steal in round 2.
I wouldn't complain, though he wouldn't be my first choice for a second round WR (assuming Moncrief and Bryant and others are still there).

On a WR-related note, SteelersDepot put up a good article regarding "true height," combining height with vertical and arm length.

Surprised to see Benjamin "so low," but he did have a bad vertical.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/04...ide-receivers/

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

crazy that landry is at the bottom

helluva wr, can catch anything and is tough as nails but for the former #1 prospect coming out of high school he seemingly lacks many great attributes

latimer is 6'3" and had a 39" vert.. 32 5/8in arms sooo adding it all up he would come in 3rd place on the "true height" meter

Old 04-28-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's everyones view on DaQuan Jones? Watching some tape now, looks like a good 3-4 DE prospect.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Pretty impressive from ASJ:

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1397542.html

I'd rather have him in the second than Ebron in the first, I think. Entirely different types of TE, but still.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-28-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
What's everyones view on DaQuan Jones? Watching some tape now, looks like a good 3-4 DE prospect.
Yeah, I'd like the guy maybe in the third, maybe second.

We usually do our homework on all Pitt and Penn State guys, so I trust we'll know him well.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Latimer won't be there in the second. IF he is, I expect the Steelers to take him. He has the height/speed/hands that they will be looking for. I'm pretty much done with my final mock.

I love DaQuan Jones. I believe he can project at either DL spot and play it effectively. I'd like to grab two DL this draft.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Here's what I'm thinking:

The pick is going to be Dennard. IF Gilbert is on the board, I have a feeling that they take him instead.

In the second round, I believe the pick is going to be Allen Robinson. IF Louis Nix, Cody Latimer or Kelvin Benjamin are on the board, I believe one of them will be the pick. But I'm being realistic and don't think they will be.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Here's what I'm thinking:

The pick is going to be Dennard. IF Gilbert is on the board, I have a feeling that they take him instead.

In the second round, I believe the pick is going to be Allen Robinson. IF Louis Nix, Cody Latimer or Kelvin Benjamin are on the board, I believe one of them will be the pick. But I'm being realistic and don't think they will be.
I'm completely torn on what the team is doing with Dennard. On the one hand, it makes complete sense to look into him so much with a top 15 pick. On the other, it's the perfect smoke screen to get another guy.

I dunno. I don't think I've ever been as boggled and stumped by a first round as this year. I can see us taking Dennard, Gilbert, Fuller, Beckham, Barr, etc. Can't see who we'd favor over another.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:34 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

the pick isnt going to be dennard

the steelers are not idiots, they won't pick someone who just isnt that good

Old 04-30-2014, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
the pick isnt going to be dennard

the steelers are not idiots, they won't pick someone who just isnt that good
Ziggy Hood. That is all.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:49 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ziggy Hood. That is all.
*drops mic*

yeah well played

what i should have said was...

they're not that big of idiots to make that mistake again.. are they?

Old 04-30-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I don't think Dennard is that bad. He's a little grabby and can only be in press man at the moment, but he has the tools and is a Pittsburgh corner. I'd rather have Fuller, though.

I honestly believe their guy is Gilbert but don't expect him there at 15.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Somewhat problematic on and off the field:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/04...-found-guilty/

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-30-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Given his recent issues, I can see Roby falling and would certainly like him in the second. If the team is thinking something similar (taking a CB in the second and not the first), who do you guys think the pick would be? That leaves us in an awkward spot, unless Barr falls.

Top 3 tackles surely gone, Watkins and Evans gone, Pryor is certainly not a need, no true 3-4 defensive lineman in that range. Awkward spot for us. Probably go WR with Beckham or Lee or Benjamin, or ILB with Mosley.

Props to clover_jeez!