Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should of though, Ohio state connection ... Extra fast, it's the way Tomlin wants to play ... I'm not mad at the pick
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennard... right there for the taking. Take Shaizer... lols.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the pick. Not overly exciting to me, but a good player. Timmons and him could be great.

Interesting that we passed on Dennard.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate the pick. Just a shock.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point I'd consider trading up for Dennard.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Do you guys think this is 2007 all over again? We want a CB, he's taken a pick before (14th) and we take an ILB (15th)?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:47 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're gonna break Johnny Football - can't wait to see Troy pick him off and then crush him on the return ala Carson Palmer
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:48 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Do you guys think this is 2007 all over again? We want a CB, he's taken a pick before (14th) and we take an ILB (15th)?
Crazy right??
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's an awesome pick. Like I said, other than someone dropping he'd have been my pick. Loved watching him at OSU and I think he adds a lot to the defense.

Still want a corner tmw.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:27 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I love the dline help there are guys later there (will Clarke, Justin Ellis, Zach Kerr, Ed stinson, beau allen, ... Same as WR)

I just couldn't see myself passing up on in this order
Marquis Lee
Allen Robinson
Pierre Desir

If those 3 are gone then fine give me the dline help
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently the cowboys were on the phone with shazier's agent when the steelers called to draft him

jerry & the boys were shocked

suck it, dallas.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Guys remaining who I'd like:

WR Marqise Lee
NT Louis Nix
DE/OLB Demarcus Lawrence
DT Ra'Shede Hageman
DE Stephon Tuitt
TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins
WR Donte Moncrief
TE Troy Niklas
WR Cody Latimer

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my top guys are:

hageman
amaro
niklas
adams
moncreiff
lee
latimer
tuitt
nix

Old 05-09-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys remaining who I'd like:

WR Marqise Lee
NT Louis Nix
DE/OLB Demarcus Lawrence
DT Ra'Shede Hageman
DE Stephon Tuitt
TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins
WR Donte Moncrief
TE Troy Niklas
WR Cody Latimer
I like this list a lot.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

From my list from a couple pages ago:

Quote:

Ecstatic:
D̶E̶ ̶J̶a̶d̶e̶v̶e̶o̶n̶ ̶C̶l̶o̶w̶n̶e̶y̶
L̶B̶ ̶K̶h̶a̶l̶i̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶c̶k̶
O̶T̶ ̶G̶r̶e̶g̶ ̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶s̶o̶n̶
O̶T̶ ̶J̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶t̶t̶h̶e̶w̶s̶
W̶R̶ ̶S̶a̶m̶m̶y̶ ̶W̶a̶t̶k̶i̶n̶s̶
W̶R̶ ̶M̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶E̶v̶a̶n̶s̶

Very Happy:
O̶L̶B̶ ̶A̶n̶t̶h̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶B̶a̶r̶r̶
C̶B̶ ̶J̶u̶s̶t̶i̶n̶ ̶G̶i̶l̶b̶e̶r̶t̶
WR Kelvin Benjamin
S Calvin Pryor

Happy:
LB C.J. Mosley
LB Ryan Shazier
CB Darqueze Dennard
WR Marqise Lee
C̶B̶ ̶K̶y̶l̶e̶ ̶F̶u̶l̶l̶e̶r̶

Can Live With It:
O̶T̶ ̶T̶a̶y̶l̶o̶r̶ ̶L̶e̶w̶a̶n̶
T̶E̶ ̶E̶r̶i̶c̶ ̶E̶b̶r̶o̶n̶
S HaSean Clinton-Dix
NT Louis Nix
DE Stephon Tuitt
D̶T̶ ̶A̶a̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶D̶o̶n̶a̶l̶d̶
CB Bradley Roby
WR Brandin Cooks

Not Excited:
QB Teddy Bridgewater
OT Zach Martin
DE Kony Ealy
DT Ra'Shede Hageman
DE Dee Ford
DT Timmy Jernigan
OT Cyrus Kouandjio
OT Joel Bitonio
DE Demarcus Lawrence
Can't really complain. I loved Pryor but we weren't taking safety after signing Mitchell, and well Benjamin would've been somewhat of a reach.

The more the shock of the pick fades, the more I like it. If we can shore up the D-Line with good 3-4 guys, Timmons and Shazier could be deadly together.

Also, nice to see our LB get completely revamped from two/three years ago.

Harrison ---> Jones (24)
Timmons --> Timmons (28 in a week)
Farrior ----> Shazier (21)
Woodley --> Worilds (26)

Average age is 24.75, so 25. If we lock up Worilds this year, all 4 would be signed until 2017. Good riddance to all the "defense is old" comments.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

I'm not so sure we grab a WR in rd 2... just seems like the depth is there to wait

honestly there aren't too many players i would be against in round 2

Old 05-09-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
apparently the cowboys were on the phone with shazier's agent when the steelers called to draft him

jerry & the boys were shocked

suck it, dallas.
Tell me more about this because I was watching the live war room and I didn't see them on the phone during the Steelers pick. Everytime the Cowboys were on the phone I posted it in our draft thread and we were on the phone when the Rams took Donald and the Bears took Fuller.

If you think about it that really sounds like a made up story. What team gets on the phone to tell the player he's going to be taken when they aren't even on the clock yet? Kinda weird, but crazier things have happened I guess. Would like to hear more about that story though. Link?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/05...teelers-didnt/

Old 05-09-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

also, jim wexell on twitter gave some more insights

Old 05-09-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

also:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...-when-steelers

Old 05-09-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Tell me more about this because I was watching the live war room and I didn't see them on the phone during the Steelers pick. Everytime the Cowboys were on the phone I posted it in our draft thread and we were on the phone when the Rams took Donald and the Bears took Fuller.

If you think about it that really sounds like a made up story. What team gets on the phone to tell the player he's going to be taken when they aren't even on the clock yet? Kinda weird, but crazier things have happened I guess. Would like to hear more about that story though. Link?
I think they were on the phone with the agent, not the player, when Pittsburgh started to be on the clock. The pick was made with like 6 minutes remaining I think, so it was probably just a quick call saying "if he's there he's the pick."

Pittsburgh probably called prior to the "Pick Is In" sign being put up on the screens.

I know teams make these calls a lot, based off of other stories.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think they were on the phone with the agent, not the player, when Pittsburgh started to be on the clock. The pick was made with like 6 minutes remaining I think, so it was probably just a quick call saying "if he's there he's the pick."

Pittsburgh probably called prior to the "Pick Is In" sign being put up on the screens.

I know teams make these calls a lot, based off of other stories.
The only thing that makes me wonder is that they weren't on the phone. They have like 3 or 4 phones lined up in front of them and none of those phones were off the hook. Maybe our head scout was on the phone but not in the live war room cam view?
Old 05-09-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Based on Gerry Dulac's tweet. Not ready to buy it at face value.

Not the strangest story though because it was a fact that we liked Shazier A LOT.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

A lot of Dallas guys claim someone in the Cowboys room also slammed a phone when PIT was picking. Could be that he found out about Shazier.

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topi...-bruce-carter/

https://twitter.com/BloggingTheBoys

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
I'm not so sure we grab a WR in rd 2... just seems like the depth is there to wait
exactly. there are still likely to be some very nice WR prospects in the mid-3rd. If a Tuitt or Hageman is there mid 2nd, I think that might be the play. Tuitt in particular would give us a rush dynamic that we really haven't had from the DE spot in some time.

assuming a WR in the 3rd, I think you'd then see multiple CBs picked in the middle frames hoping they hit paydirt.

if Tuitt/Hageman/Nix are off the board, then I think it's WR all the way, with Robinson the likely pick, and Keisel brought back next month.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote