Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
anthony barr would be intriguing.. has position flexibility but would most likely play ILB for us

though we go nickle / mixer so often you could line him up all over the place.

i'd hate to invest another high pick on a OT but i do like lewan, i dont care if he got in a fight outside of a bar in college... thats what high fueled testosterone guys do when they are that age.. i'd take that over a passive sort of guy like jon martin any day of the week.
God no, Barr is the prototype OLB. He is long, has great explosion, and an ability to bend the corner...pass rusher all day. He would be a sack artist while Jones would be a guy that get set the edge better, pursue ball carriers, and generate pressures as a shorter, stockier OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:56 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats some good breakdown goose, some interesting stuff..

it would be particularly interesting if we could develop some correlations between the players and conferences we draft from and their bust rates compared to the overall conference bust rates. i think that could tell us a great story...

are we drafting the wrong guys?
is it true the big 12 sucks at developing nfl ready players (i could see this as big 12 is predominately all spread)
is the stereotype narrative of big 10 / acc << sec hold true for football players going pro?

could probably do a thesis project on this for a masters.

this is all just the econ major nerd coming out in me tho

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
God no, Barr is the prototype OLB. He is long, has great explosion, and an ability to bend the corner...pass rusher all day. He would be a sack artist while Jones would be a guy that get set the edge better, pursue ball carriers, and generate pressures as a shorter, stockier OLB
yeah i guess i agree with all of that.

makes me wonder why we'd bring him in then? another high pick on a olb?

i mean its probably the most important position in the 3-4 so i dont hate it but still.. we have other needs

Old 03-27-2014, 10:20 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pass rush is the #1 need on defense. The back end works itself out if your team leads the league in sacks, because if thats the case you also have a ton of pressures. Id be thrilled with Barr, OLB and DE/NT are more of a need than CB imo

Worilds is on a one year rental anyway. Jones should be better this year, but theres always a chance he could slide inside next to timmons too....not sure about that yet

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every team you have mentioned had draft classes they would like to forget. We've hit on some, they have hit on some. It's that simple.

I just don't think they go OLB in round one unless Mack falls to them. I think they go corner, WR and then BPA whether it be on the O or D.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Im working on a 3 round Mock right now...have dennard and gilbert both going before 15, the 15th pick comes down between barr and mosely for me

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i def agree pass rush is the most important element to a successful 3-4 front

i would love to have to choose between barr and mosely...

and it would be barr every time.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't hate Mosley at all. Be nice to have someone else with talent next to Timmons.

But with Jones just going into his 2nd season and Worilds on a 1 year deal, getting a pass rusher would be a great relief.

I would murder for Mack.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Mack would give the steelers an unbelievable LB unit again

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id honestly prefer Shazier over Moseley. I think he'd be a perfect fit next to Timmons.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

I think Shazier would be lovely next to timmons and theoriectically could play all 4 spots...hes insanely fast but works well in traffic and is slippery to get a hand on. Timmons and Shaz on a inside cross blitz would be fun to watch

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

welp time to watch some shazier tape.. i know almost nothing about him other than he's from OSU - overrated state univ.

whammy. see what i did there?

Old 03-27-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Heyward though <3

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved watching him with the Buckeyes this year. The rest of the defense wasn't very good so he didn't get much attention as the leader of a strong unit or anything, but he's an interesting player. I wouldn't mind getting him, but I'm more than willing to bet there will be a more talented player at 15.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Heyward though <3
fack. tru.

mike adams though </3.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I want a bigger WR for Ben, I don't want them to grab one just to grab one. I want a difference maker at the position, whether it be Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham or Marqise Lee.

Also, more and more I think about it, I REALLY want Kyle Fuller at 15. He's my favorite corner in this draft and some say he is the guy with the most momentum going into the last month of the draft. Some may call him a reach, but he has every single trait you want in a corner.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
fack. tru.

mike adams though </3.
Anyone and everyone I knew at OSU knew he was horrible. The **** I got from my Browns fans roommates the second they made that pick. Just a complete face palm moment.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandin Cooks is BOSS, but i would prefer a 6'2"+ reciever
Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

I like Adams man, he's got the physical attributes, just needs to get the technique side down. If he fails this year, i'll happily call him a bust though
Old 03-27-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I like Adams man, he's got the physical attributes, just needs to get the technique side down. If he fails this year, i'll happily call him a bust though
He got drafted on size alone. I've never in the years of watching him in college or for the Steelers seen him show any technique. So slow coming off the line, pass rushers just use him as a turnstile if there's not a TE helping.

Taking someone for their size alone and hoping they develop if how you recruit high school kids. Not how you make 2nd round picks.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

New mock on what I would do:

1) Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
-Absolutely LOVE this guy. He and Watkins are my main two mancrushes this year. He's a Pittsburgh Steelers defender. He can play man and zone, tackles extremely well, can cover, has great ball skills, can blitz, play special teams, everything. Might be a little bit of a reach, but I'd be perfectly OK with this.

2) Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
-Most underrated WR in the draft. Has great size and great hands. Would not surprise me if he outplayed his draft status and became a stud WR for the next decade.

3) Jaylen Watkins CB Florida
-Get more athletic and better in the secondary. Watkins never got the press as his other corner mates, but might end up being the better of the three. He also has played safety and can contribute everywhere.

4) Taylor Hart DE Oregon
-We need DL depth badly.

5a) Jerick McKinnon RB Georgia Southern
-Blew the combine up and has the size, speed and change of direction skills to be a solid NFL RB.

5b) Prince Shembo OLB Notre Dame
-Can get after the QB and we need the depth.

6a) Kevin Norwood WR Alabama
-Shows strong hands and can add more sure handness and size to our WR core. Might also be a very underrated player and turn out a nice career in the NFL.

6b) Wesley Johnson OL Vanderbilt
-Could always use young depth along our OL considering they are not known for their durability.

7) Trey Millard TE/FB Oklahoma
-I think he can carve out a niche as a special teams demon and HBack in the NFL.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's everybody thoughts on Paul Richardson ... This guy would fit in great with Ben I think ... Incredible deep threat that can catch the heck out of the ball

Has to put on a few pounds though ... I love him round 2 , I don't he makes it to our 3rd comp pick
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I wouldn't mind him, though there are others higher on my WR board than him.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:28 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
He got drafted on size alone. I've never in the years of watching him in college or for the Steelers seen him show any technique. So slow coming off the line, pass rushers just use him as a turnstile if there's not a TE helping.

Taking someone for their size alone and hoping they develop if how you recruit high school kids. Not how you make 2nd round picks.
Munchak will do work on him i think

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:57 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
As much as I want a bigger WR for Ben, I don't want them to grab one just to grab one. I want a difference maker at the position, whether it be Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham or Marqise Lee.

Also, more and more I think about it, I REALLY want Kyle Fuller at 15. He's my favorite corner in this draft and some say he is the guy with the most momentum going into the last month of the draft. Some may call him a reach, but he has every single trait you want in a corner.
so are you mark kabloy / jim wexell / the steelers beat writers on twitter or do you just always have the exact same thoughts as them when they have them?