Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been on the barr bandwagon for a while. dude's just an amazing athlete who has only been playing defense for... 2 years? he came in as a running back.

also, obviously i am against us picking dennard. i just dont see it.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why I'm not excited about Barr tbh, I'm usually a sucker for OLB prospects. It's probs because I've got my heart set on one of Evans or Benjamin.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like lamichael james is o nthe trading block

i'd throw a 6th his way

Old 04-17-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless someone huge falls, I am starting to believe the pick will come down to Roby and Beckham.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Unless someone huge falls, I am starting to believe the pick will come down to Roby and Beckham.
Id be slightly disappointed with Beckham.
Id be majorly pissed with Roby.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be OK with each. Obviously not too pumped, but I believe both will be solid players. Roby was considered a top 10 talent before he had his up and down year. I think with the right coaching, he could be the best corner in the class.

Beckham is a playmaker and is exactly what AB is. I'd want more size, but you can't pick a big WR to have one. I want a game changer and believe Beckham can be that on two sides of the ball.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the last two years we had guys fall into our lap, who should not have been there.

So we may get Evans, we may get Barr or KB. Start of the season nobody thought we might get Barr. Also I think Jones is starting to look bigger.

moncreif is the playmaker we need. Size and speed. Though I'd also want to take Matthews to be greedy.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think the players they've brought in shows they MIGHT want to trade down. IF Barr is available at 15, I could see the Niners fighting like hell to potentially move up for him.

I don't think Evans falls. He's going top 10.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
what makes you say that?

a week ago you were sure it was going to be dennard

Old 04-17-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
what makes you say that?

a week ago you were sure it was going to be dennard
Just a hunch.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:08 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id be ok with them. Roby would make me nervous but I cant see them taking him over Dennard
Old 04-18-2014, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which one would you rather have? ... personally I take the one with Sammy Watkins falling everyday even though it's a lower score

our score is: 4882 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Dion Bailey, FS, Southern California (B)
Round 4 Pick 18: Will Clarke, DE, West Virginia (A)
Round 5 Pick 17: Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice (A-)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech (A)
Round 6 Pick 16: Michael Schofield, OT, Michigan (A)
Round 6 Pick 39 (COMP): Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd (B-)
Round 7 Pick 15: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (D+)

Your score is: 5524 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Demarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise State (A)
Round 4 Pick 18: Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia (A)
Round 5 Pick 17: Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice (A)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech (A)
Round 6 Pick 16: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (A)
Round 6 Pick 39 (COMP): Deandre Coleman, DT, California (B+)
Round 7 Pick 15: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (C)
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're both ridiculously unrealistic. But I'd do anything for Watkins.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Id be slightly disappointed with Beckham.
Id be majorly pissed with Roby.
I do not want Roby.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

1) Odell Beckham Jr WR LSU
2) Louis Nix NT Notre Dame
3) Phillip Gaines CB Rice
4) Ross Cockrell CB Duke
5a) Kevin Pierre-Louis LB Boston College
5b) Taylor Hart DE Oregon
6a) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado St
6b) Ka'Deem Carey RB Arizona
7) Rob Blanchflower TE UMass
Old 04-19-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
They're both ridiculously unrealistic. But I'd do anything for Watkins.
I didn't expect Watkins to be there ... And you're right there is literally probably .0001% chance that he's there ... maybe he gets in some kind of trouble or something before the draft

My Dream is ending up with Dennard and Benjamin some how some way

Last edited by Cbrunn : 04-19-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
1) Odell Beckham Jr WR LSU
2) Louis Nix NT Notre Dame
3) Phillip Gaines CB Rice
4) Ross Cockrell CB Duke
5a) Kevin Pierre-Louis LB Boston College
5b) Taylor Hart DE Oregon
6a) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado St
6b) Ka'Deem Carey RB Arizona
7) Rob Blanchflower TE UMass
I'd be very happy with this. I'd like to see and OT at some point as well.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

im hearing more and more often now (mainly via twitter) that barr is considered a "mid to later" 1st rounder.

hope its true

Old 04-21-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im hearing more and more often now (mainly via twitter) that barr is considered a "mid to later" 1st rounder.

hope its true
Steelers Depot has an article suggesting a possible trade down with San Francisco if Barr is their with our pick. Since they aren't going to accept the option on Aldon Smith, they might want another pass-rusher, and Barr could be the guy.

They also have two second round picks, so a late first and early-mid second would be a nice get.

We could get a guy like Kyle Fuller later in the first, maybe Benjamin. It's an interesting situation to evaluate.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I wouldn't mind trading down. The team would still get a nice prospect and I'd be OK with Hageman or Tuitt there.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Steelers Depot has an article suggesting a possible trade down with San Francisco if Barr is their with our pick. Since they aren't going to accept the option on Aldon Smith, they might want another pass-rusher, and Barr could be the guy.

They also have two second round picks, so a late first and early-mid second would be a nice get.

We could get a guy like Kyle Fuller later in the first, maybe Benjamin. It's an interesting situation to evaluate.
They have Lemonier too though
Old 04-22-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I saw on Twitter that the team prefers Roby over Dennard and have tracked Roby since HS. I don't know how true that is, but I can see them liking Roby over Dennard due to their love of Ohio State.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I saw on Twitter that the team prefers Roby over Dennard and have tracked Roby since HS. I don't know how true that is, but I can see them liking Roby over Dennard due to their love of Ohio State.
roby is more of playmaker, dennard is more of a playpreventer.

i'd take the former everytime

and yes i know i made up a word

Old 04-23-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

man this happens every year.. the closer the draft comes the more i fall out of love with most of the picks for our draft position

call it a case of over analyzing/thinking or what have you but honestly last year at this time if you woulda told me mosley would fall to us at 15 i'd be so stoked

or either of the ND stud lineman i woulda been thrilled.

or that big WR dude from FSU who was the best qb in the nations go-to target and is a beast i woulda been giddy

if this were a fantasy draft on madden and i was picking i would have to pause the game as it would take me 30minutes to decide b/c i dont like anyone / feel the value isnt great enough for the players i do like.

/end rant

- work today is boring

Old 04-23-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
man this happens every year.. the closer the draft comes the more i fall out of love with most of the picks for our draft position

call it a case of over analyzing/thinking or what have you but honestly last year at this time if you woulda told me mosley would fall to us at 15 i'd be so stoked

or either of the ND stud lineman i woulda been thrilled.

or that big WR dude from FSU who was the best qb in the nations go-to target and is a beast i woulda been giddy

if this were a fantasy draft on madden and i was picking i would have to pause the game as it would take me 30minutes to decide b/c i dont like anyone / feel the value isnt great enough for the players i do like.

/end rant

- work today is boring
It happens to me every year too, but then something unexpected happens and I'm thrilled with the first pick. Except when it was Hood, nothing exciting happened there, but I won't lie, I liked the pick. I did think he'd work out for us.

2008 - I had no idea who we'd pick when we were up. Literally no idea. I thought Mendenhall might have been given his "fall," but I also thought Mike Jenkins, Kenny Phillips, Kentwan Balmer, and Antoine Cason were in play. Also, a WR like James Hardy.

2009 - Hood, nothing excited happened for me, we picked really late.

2010 - I thought we'd have to pick between Iupati, Dez Bryant, and Pouncey for sure, and I thought we'd go Iupati. He was picked one pick later, and then it was Pouncey vs. Dez for me. I wanted Dez, a lot, I think I even had him for our mock game haha, but it was Pouncey. Dez falling was exciting for me, then nothing. I'd switch Pouncey for Dez right now.

2011 - I liked Jimmy Smith and Jonathan Baldwin going into the 20s. Both were selected soon afterwards and then it was a crapshoot for me. I was excited to get Heyward, but it wasn't a very exciting draft, TBH.

2012 - After the Cardinals took Michael Floyd over DeCastro, I got really excited. And more excited with every pick that passed. After Chicago took McClellin, I was sure that Cincy would take DeCastro, but they traded the pick away to NE. I then thought NE would take him, because I was completely paranoid at that point, and they took Chandler Jones. Then came Cleveland, I didn't think it was very likely they took him, but then came Detroit. I was also sure they'd take him, but they took another oline guy in Reiff. Probably the most exciting draft I've seen for us.

2013 - Similar to 2012, but it was a much shorter wait. After the Chargers took Fluker, I thought we had a clear shot at Jones, with only the Saints being possible candidates due to them switching to a 3-4. Jets wouldn't take him, other bigger needs, same for Buffalo, Raiders didn't need him, neither did Carolina (scheme-wise), and the Saints took Vaccaro.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote