Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-27-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default UPDATED Post FA, 1 Round Mock Draft w/Trades *3/27*

NFL Mock Draft
Round 1

1. Houston Texans- Blake Bortles, Quarterback, Central Florida

TRADE
The St. Louis Rams trade the #2 overall selection to the Atlanta Falcons for #6 overall, #37 overall and a 2015 2nd round selection.

2. Atlanta Falcons (via STL f/WAS)- Jadeveon Clowney, Defensive End, South Carolina

3. Jacksonville Jaguars- Johnny Manziel, Quarterback, Texas A & M

4. Cleveland Browns- Sammy Watkins, Wide Receiver, Clemson

5. Oakland Raiders- Khalil Mack, Outside Linebacker, Buffalo

6. St. Louis Rams (via ATL)- Greg Robinson, Offensive Tackle, Auburn

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Eric Ebron, Tight End, North Carolina

8. Minnesota Vikings- Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville

9. Buffalo Bills- Jake Matthews, Offensive Tackle, Texas A & M

10. Detroit Lions- Justin Gilbert, Cornerback, Oklahoma State

11. Tennessee Titans- Anthony Barr, Outside Linebacker, California-Los Angeles

12. New York Giants- Taylor Lewan, Offensive Tackle, Michigan

13. St. Louis Rams- Mike Evans, Wide Receiver, Texas A & M

14. Chicago Bears- Timmy Jernigan, Defensive Tackle, Florida State

TRADE
The Pittsburgh Steelers trade the #15 overall selection to the Kansas City Chiefs for #23 overall, #124 overall and a 2015 2nd round selection.

15. Kansas City Chiefs (via PIT)- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Safety, Alabama

16. Dallas Cowboys- Aaron Donald, Defensive Tackle, Pittsburgh

17. Baltimore Ravens- Darqueze Dennard, Cornerback, Michigan State

TRADE
The New York Jets trade the #18 overall selection to the Cleveland Browns for #26 overall and #71 overall.

18. Cleveland Browns (via NYJ)- Derek Carr, Quarterback, Fresno State

19. Miami Dolphins- Zach Martin, Offensive Lineman, Notre Dame

20. Arizona Cardinals- Dee Ford, Outside Linebacker, Auburn

21. Green Bay Packers- Calvin Pryor, Safety, Louisville

22. Philadelphia Eagles- Brandin Cooks, Wide Receiver, Oregon State

23. Pittsburgh Steelers (via KC)- Bradley Roby, Cornerback, Ohio State

TRADE
The Cincinnati Bengals trade the #24 overall selection to the Denver Broncos for #31 overall and #95 overall.

24. Denver Broncos (via CIN)- CJ Mosley, Middle Linebacker, Alabama

25. San Diego Chargers- Kyle Fuller, Cornerback, Virginia Tech

26. New York Jets (via CLE f/IND)- Marqise Lee, Wide Receiver, Southern California

27. New Orleans Saints- Jason Verrett, Cornerback, Texas Christian

28. Carolina Panthers- Odell Beckham Jr., Wide Receiver, Louisiana State

29. New England Patriots- Louis Nix III, Defensive Lineman, Notre Dame

30. San Francisco 49ers- Kelvin Benjamin, Wide Receiver, Florida State

31. Cincinnati Bengals (via DEN)- Kony Ealy, Defensive End, Missouri

32. Seattle Seahawks- Xavier Su'a-Filo, Offensive Guard, California-Los Angeles
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Ealy is probably my #1 choice of the realistic options for the Bengals. Would be happy with him at 24 and thrilled with getting him and a 3rd.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it was between him and Shazier and I know they just drafted Hunt, but he's older than the typical rookie and you can never have enough pass rushers so I thought Ealy would be an ideal pick to help replace Johnson. Trade made sense too because I figured, at that point, Denver has to jump up and grab Mosley, being that addressing MLB was the only place they struck out in free agency this year and he'll be an impact starter from day one for a team in win now mode.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Pryor = A+

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:31 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Yeah, it was between him and Shazier and I know they just drafted Hunt, but he's older than the typical rookie and you can never have enough pass rushers so I thought Ealy would be an ideal pick to help replace Johnson. Trade made sense too because I figured, at that point, Denver has to jump up and grab Mosley, being that addressing MLB was the only place they struck out in free agency this year and he'll be an impact starter from day one for a team in win now mode.
Bengals have been doing a pretty great job with undrafted LBers the last few years. Vontaze Burfict, Emmanuel Lamur, Jason Dimanche, and Vinny Rey are 4 young guys they seem to love.

So I'd be pretty surprised if they addressed LB early unless it was maybe a guy like Dee Ford who could also spend time at DE.

I definitely think DE makes more sense. The other 2 positions that wouldn't surprise in the 1st round are OT (maybe Zach Martin if he's still there) or a CB. The question at CB would be if Gilbert/Dennard are gone, would they "reach" for somebody like Verrett or Fuller? I think it's possible, but that they'd probably end up going OL or DL and addressing CB in round 2 or 3.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:32 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

quality saints pick

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sammy Watkins will be beyond useless with Derek ******* Carr under center consistently overthrowing him and being wildly inaccurate on little screens.

The hell with drafting the most complete QB prospect in the draft and snagging one of the 433 other good wide receiver prospects in another round.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 03-27-2014 at 07:40 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:22 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
quality saints pick
I agree, and with ATL taking Clowney, we better get an OT in the 2nd.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Khalil Mack. Hate passing on Bridgewater.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice 9ers mock.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fuller over Roby, please.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love trading up for HaHa but giving up a 2nd next year? Nahhhh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I agree, and with ATL taking Clowney, we better get an OT in the 2nd.
It is very unlikely that the Saints will take an OT that early.

Anyway, the pick for me is meh. I like Verrett but I think the Saints take Odell Beckham, Jr. over him. I also think the Saints want a CB with length. Most of the CBs that they have chosen to meet with have been the taller CBs and they had interest in Brandon Browner. I am not saying that there is no way they take Verrett but the sense I get is that they want a taller CB. Notwithstanding, if Beckham is there I seriously doubt they pass him.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get that Nix makes sense but with the Wilfork restructure I don't think the will go that way first round. There will probably already be a lojam at the position should everyone come back healthy that it gives the front office flexibility early in the draft.

Not sure if I would love it but a lot of Pats coaches recently worked out Kelvin Benjamin and they are crying out for a big WR.

Ealy makes some sense as well as do any of the top TEs or Sua'Filo

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:01 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Brown's fan, I'd puke if that was our 1st round, we have zero interest in Carr and after trying twice to draft QB's late in round 1 (Quinn and Weedon), the franchise wouldn't be able to sell half the season tickets they sold last year if they don't draft a QB top 5 and I think they have their sights set on Manziel. To get him they will be the ones to trade up to #2 with the Rams to jump Jacksonville and they have the extra picks to make the trade.

Unless you are predicting that Carr is suddenly a top 5 ranked QB, there is no way we pick him.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 AM    (permalink
CBFAlex
Rookie

CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CBFAlex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with the other browns fan, I like the pick, km a fan of Carr, I think he gets a bad rap because of his brother but playing in Cleveland you need someone with his arm strength. I would take him over manziel any day. And I love the Watkins pick

My only question is do we need to trade up, I do t really see anyone between 18 and 26 who would take him, maybe Arizona but I doubt it
CBFAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:00 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers might trade up, but i doubt they trade down...especially with dennard on the board, they love him
Old 03-28-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we trade down with Dennard on the board and end up with Roby I'll slit my wrists. And this from a biased OSU grad.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell no... too much

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
8. Minnesota Vikings- Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville

21. Green Bay Packers- Calvin Pryor, Safety, Louisville
PERFECT ON ALL COUNTS!

Another high pick QB flop for them (see Tarvarris, Ponder)
And the right guy for us.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
As a Brown's fan, I'd puke if that was our 1st round, we have zero interest in Carr and after trying twice to draft QB's late in round 1 (Quinn and Weedon), the franchise wouldn't be able to sell half the season tickets they sold last year if they don't draft a QB top 5 and I think they have their sights set on Manziel. To get him they will be the ones to trade up to #2 with the Rams to jump Jacksonville and they have the extra picks to make the trade.

Unless you are predicting that Carr is suddenly a top 5 ranked QB, there is no way we pick him.

Wouldn't exactly say zero.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde..._browns_p.html
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the trade down for the Jets but I wish we took OBJR over Lee but that's personal preference. It is plausible/realistic that we do take Lee.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote