Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:51 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
A lot of people are picking the Jets to either win the division, or take the wildcard. That's pretty surprising to me because from a talent standpoint I'd consider the Jets the 4th best team in the division. There are still way too many budget free agents/ recent mid round picks forced into important roles, for me to think that they'll be able to contend.

Remember while they went 8-8 last season they also had the fewest injuries of any team in the league, and their point differential would suggest that they should have been a lot worse.
The point differential was also skewed by some huge blowouts. The thing about fewest injuries is definitely true, but we've also been fairly low on the injury end for a while now, so that might just be a credit to our medical staff and strength & conditioning program (as well as the young bodies, as someone mentioned).

And actually, talent-wise, simply looking at what they have on paper, I'd say all four teams in the division are relatively close, and Miami or Buffalo might even be on top. The HC seems to make a huge difference, which is why I think we're probably going to be in contention for the playoffs. QB is clearly the most important thing, and with Brady, you guys will always be the team to beat out East. Whichever team of the other three that has their QB take the next step (or in our case, Vick returning to form and starting) will likely make playoffs, and if none do, the one with the best defense will have the best shot.

I don't think it's crazy for people to be projecting the Jets into the playoffs. Of the likely candidates to blossom next season, we should be near the top.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Romo ya'll.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote