Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon smith is a 1 year wonder...its for a few reasons and mostly because of him but its not like the 49ers live and die with him. They also have Corey Lemonier and Aaron Lynch to work in at OLB. The addition of Jimmie Ward to their secondary to team with Reid is huge as well. Borland was a great addition to work in for Bowman (who is not better than Willis, which is an absurd though)

Theres no way the Seahawks have the best CB, best SS, and best FS in the league. Just because its an elite unit doesnt mean each individual is a world beater. Chancellor unquestionably the best SS in the league is very much like saying Kerry Rhodes was, or Adrian Wilson was....good players, underrated players for much of their careers, but come on.

Joyner and Alexander are gonna contribute at safety for the rams, which was their biggest (only?) weakness on defense. Im surprised they took donald over Haha. Not like they were hurting at DT with Brockers and Langford and the newly signed Alex Carrington (who should be a steeler :-( ...). That dline though, unreal. Linebackers are very solid with JL and Ogletee.

Cards I havent really seen a lot of. Washington being done for the season is a killer though. Campbell/Williams/Dockett is no fun up front and they seem to have some talent at CB with Cro and Peterson (who the hell is playing S for them now????)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon Smith is an idiot, but he is not a one year wonder. He is a force whenever he is on the field. He has missed time, but he stands out whenever he plays.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Aldon Smith is an idiot, but he is not a one year wonder. He is a force whenever he is on the field. He has missed time, but he stands out whenever he plays.
Thats fine...if his career ended today he would be remembered as that one year wonder idiot that could have broken records. Same thing with Von Miller..both had strong rookie years, sensational soph years, and then misconduct (both), laziness (von) which led to down years and suspensions.

Shawn Merriman was unbelievable in his first 3 years...he is still essentially a one year wonder (2006, 12 games, 17 sacks). I remember thinking holy **** this guy could break the all time sack record. Only difference here is the substance abuse. Merriman liked roids, Von likes booze and god knows what else, von smokes the weeds. They all hurt the team the same way (im pro roids/booze/weed fwiw ha)

JPP...one year wonder again. Injuries and what not but he was touted as a guy that could close in on 30 sacks, not just break the single season record...shatter it.

Not saying Aldon isnt a beast, he is....but players like him dont usually last, and the niners didnt pick up his option...i guess they could still sign him, or he could go somewhere else but how we remember aldon smith is very much up to him

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Thats fine...if his career ended today he would be remembered as that one year wonder idiot that could have broken records. Same thing with Von Miller..both had strong rookie years, sensational soph years, and then misconduct (both), laziness (von) which led to down years and suspensions.

Shawn Merriman was unbelievable in his first 3 years...he is still essentially a one year wonder (2006, 12 games, 17 sacks). I remember thinking holy **** this guy could break the all time sack record. Only difference here is the substance abuse. Merriman liked roids, Von likes booze and god knows what else, von smokes the weeds. They all hurt the team the same way (im pro roids/booze/weed fwiw ha)

JPP...one year wonder again. Injuries and what not but he was touted as a guy that could close in on 30 sacks, not just break the single season record...shatter it.

Not saying Aldon isnt a beast, he is....but players like him dont usually last, and the niners didnt pick up his option...i guess they could still sign him, or he could go somewhere else but how we remember aldon smith is very much up to him
In 3 NFL seasons he has 43 sacks in 42 games, including a 19.5 sack season and a 14 sack season. He is an idiot but you can't ask for someone to be more consistently dominant when they are on the field.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:50 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Fine, hes a 2 year wonder. Does it really make a difference? No one will care if he doesnt get his **** straightened out and continue to produce

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Niners DID pick up his option. 1-year wonder was pretty hilarious as well.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Been off the grid for over a month remember reading they said they weren't going to pick it up.

My statement of essentially a one year wonder wasn't to get niner fans all sensitive I was making an argument that they aren't going to live and die with him if he doesn't stick around. They've put themselves in a position to replace him if need be. Which is what the Seahawks have done with most players on their defense in that someone is always ready to step in.

He and justin smith were truly dominant together in 2012. Now he's got some things to work through in his personal life if he's gonna regain that form.

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't getting sensitive, just that your use of the term one-year wonder doesn't apply to Aldon Smith. He's been dominant throughout his career. I happen to agree with your points though and they haven't shyed away from the OLB position in the past two offseasons.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
and they haven't shyed away from the OLB position in the past two offseasons.
And Tank Carradine will be expected to generate pass rush from the even front, as well.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously if he doesn't get his act together he won't have much more of a career. At least with SF. That doesn't mean he's been a fraud on the gridiron and just magically got all of these sacks. He's on a HOF pace right now.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:46 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Dude obviously has a negative bias for SF, and does an awful job of trying to hide it. You should probably just stop responding to him.
Every thread I see him in, he finds some way to bring up how were overrated in some capacity. The sweep last year must still sting.

Everywhere I turn, I see other fans saying our front seven is getting old...where? Besides Cowboy, there isn't one starter over 30 in the front seven. Willis just turned 29 but he still has a good 3 years left before you might start to see decline. Ray Mac is 29 but his heir apparent is already on the roster and looked very good when he's gotten snaps(Tony Jerrod-Eddie).

I expect the defense to be even better this year. And I'm not even factoring Ward into the equation. We finally have the athleicism, length and the speed at CB to match-up well with just about any offense. Our D-Line has depth everywhere and should be fun to watch this year. Even with no Aldon for however many games, the duo of Skuta and Lemonier was studly while filling in for Aldon last year and I expect both to be even better with another year in the system, especially Lemonier. Bethea isn't the hitter Whitner is but he's a sound tackler and provides a boost in pass coverage, as he's more rangy than Whitner and better with the ball in the air. Really excited to see this group gel over the course of the season.

I was really liking the Cards until D-Wash's suspension. They addressed their secondary with Cromartie and Buchanon. But no Dansby and Washington leaves a gapping hole up the middle. Minter has potential but he's a virtual unknown at this point. They're going to have to make a move there. Still the improvements on the back-end should still make them tough to deal with.

Even before adding Donald, Rams had arguably one of the best if not the best front four in the business. Donald just really adds a new dynamic for them at 3-Tech. I was really impressed by Ogletree and he should be even better going forward. Their LB corps is looking solid. Still have big questions about their secondary though, outside of Jenkins. But their front should make life much easier on the guys on the backend so they may be able to get away with it.

Seattle will still be a dominat. They retained most of their key pieces, though it will be interesting to see how they look against the run without Bryant. His role in the defesne was unique and I'm interested in seeing how they replicate that. They won't miss Thurmond at all IMO, as Lane will slide right over into his role and still give them a very solid 1-2-3 at CB. The AJ Jefferson signing was a very nice, low-key move. The guy has under-achieved to this point but his physical skills and measuresbles make him a nice fit for that defense. He could be a really be a nice surprise for them in a back-up role. Is Irvin a full-time OLB now or is he still devloping at Leo? He's still an interesting chess peice for Carroll to move around. They're D should still wreak havoc.
VAfy-ya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Irvin's role has yet to be really defined. I was reading about this on fieldgulls the other day. Basically, when he was straight-up put in for Chris Clemons when Clemons got injured, he got plowed. Just couldn't anchor, so teams were running straight at him and it was bad. But when he's freed up to rush, he's awesome. As a rookie, when he was mostly just rushing the passer, he was one of the most effective pass-rushers in the league. Pete's just got to figure out what to do with him now. He actually played really well as a linebacker last year, but that meant he wasn't rushing the passer as much. So the question is like: What do you do with an amazing pass rusher who is also a major liability against the run if you're playing him like a defensive end? If it were me (which doesn't count for much) I think I'd basically pencil in guys across the defensive line and linebackers and keep Irvin off that list, but continually insert him in different places throughout the game, mostly to rush the passer but knowing that he also has good coverage skills, so an offense doesn't necessarily know that he's rushing. If he's a full-time defensive end, teams are going to know they can run at him. If he's a full-time linebacker, Seattle is sort of short-changing themselves out of getting his best talent. Pete Carroll loves putting in multiple looks throughout the game, so I think something like this would be plausible. I don't think Irvin needs to be on the field every snap; I'd be totally ok with him being essentially the defenses "12th man" who is always running on and off the field, or just rotating positions, rotating where he lines up on the field as others come on and off the field, depending on what Pete wants to do. I think they should just go all-in on treating him as a defensive wildcard and stop worrying about what "position" he is.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Every thread I see him in, he finds some way to bring up how were overrated in some capacity. The sweep last year must still sting.

Everywhere I turn, I see other fans saying our front seven is getting old...where? Besides Cowboy, there isn't one starter over 30 in the front seven. Willis just turned 29 but he still has a good 3 years left before you might start to see decline. Ray Mac is 29 but his heir apparent is already on the roster and looked very good when he's gotten snaps(Tony Jerrod-Eddie).
The problem with the 49ers Front Seven is that:

- Justin Smith has been far and away the best player, and the key cog on that defensive front. He makes everything else work, from Aldon Smith to the ILBs. When Smith is done, whether through injury or old age, that defense will take a tumble. We already saw this when Smith was injured during the 2012 season and their defense was getting gashed all the way into the playoffs.

- Aldon Smith is and was their only above-average pass rusher (aside from Justin Smith), and he is a complete headcase and wildcard in terms of production and future. Without him, they are back to where they were before 2011, or actually worse, because Justin Smith was still younger before 2011 and now he can't be the dominant force he once was anymore.

It's not that the entire front seven is getting old - it's just that their single most important player is getting old, and their second most important player (Bowman) is out for the season, and their third most important player is a complete nutjob who may or may not be contributing this season. Ray McDonald is a nice player, Ahmad Brooks is a nice player, but these are just complimentary pieces and will not stand out if Smith/Bowman/Smith are not contributing.

Quote:
I expect the defense to be even better this year. And I'm not even factoring Ward into the equation. We finally have the athleicism, length and the speed at CB to match-up well with just about any offense.
Wait, what?? The 49ers CBs are some of the worst in the league. Let's see, right now they are starting Chris Culliver and Trumaine Brock? Or wait, Culliver is a nutjob too and probably won't be contributing this year. So we're looking at Trumaine Brock and the terrible Eric Wright? That is bad. QBs will roast this group next year if there isn't an absolutely dominant pass rush on this defense (which I don't think there will be).

Quote:
Our D-Line has depth everywhere and should be fun to watch this year. Even with no Aldon for however many games, the duo of Skuta and Lemonier was studly while filling in for Aldon last year and I expect both to be even better with another year in the system, especially Lemonier. Bethea isn't the hitter Whitner is but he's a sound tackler and provides a boost in pass coverage, as he's more rangy than Whitner and better with the ball in the air. Really excited to see this group gel over the course of the season.
Skuta and Lemonier haven't done a damn thing in the NFL and have no pedigree as prospects. Until they do it for an extended period of time as starters, their "potential" is meaningless. And I didn't really like them as a prospects in the draft.

Quote:
Even before adding Donald, Rams had arguably one of the best if not the best front four in the business. Donald just really adds a new dynamic for them at 3-Tech. I was really impressed by Ogletree and he should be even better going forward. Their LB corps is looking solid. Still have big questions about their secondary though, outside of Jenkins. But their front should make life much easier on the guys on the backend so they may be able to get away with it.
The Rams have a FAR superior front seven at this point when compared to the 49ers. With Bowman out and Justin Smith getting older, and the unpredictability of Aldon Smith, I'd take the Rams front seven all day long. And they actually have more talent in their secondary than the 49ers at this point. Both teams are going to rely on rookie or second year safeties, but the Rams actually have higher-talent guys like Janoris Jenkins who could take giant leaps forward, while the 49ers don't have any young talent at CB.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say I'd take the Rams group, too. They're so, so young on top of being grossly talented. I think the Rams are probably the defense I'm most worried about facing this upcoming season. This feels like a year where it's all going to come together for them. Hopefully Sam Bradford plays well. Although with that defense and the selection of Tre Mason to go along with Stacy and the selection of Greg Robinson, they seem to be building themselves into another smashmouth team, which makes Bradford's play less critical.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 06-03-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
It's not that the entire front seven is getting old - it's just that their single most important player is getting old, and their second most important player (Bowman) is out for the season, and their third most important player is a complete nutjob who may or may not be contributing this season.
I'm willing to bet nearly every fan would wish that Patrick Willis was the 4th best player in their team's front-7.

Thank you for reiterating the talent while attempting to say they aren't that good.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:03 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are the best defenses without considering NFCW?

-Kansas City Chiefs...?
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:35 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm willing to bet nearly every fan would wish that Patrick Willis was the 4th best player in their team's front-7.

Thank you for reiterating the talent while attempting to say they aren't that good.

LOL. Yeah when an ILB on a HOF career track and in his playing prime is your team's FOURTH best player, that D is loaded.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

You're wasting your time my friend. Jomoz/Thumper has prepared a boatload of contrivances for every logical contingency. I'm sure he'll say Patrick Willis is old and has lost too many steps.

He's predicated the last two seasons the 49ers would fail and the Rams would rise and it hasn't happened. It will be hilarious with the excuses he comes up with when it happens again this season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 06-04-2014 at 04:08 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:22 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Who are the best defenses without considering NFCW?

-Kansas City Chiefs...?
I'd say the Panthers and the Chiefs. The Pats, Broncos, Saints and Jets are all somewhat wildcards as well.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 06-04-2014 at 08:40 AM.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
LOL. Yeah when an ILB on a HOF career track and in his playing prime is your team's FOURTH best player, that D is loaded.
That's the whole point... those three most important players are likely NON-ELITE-CONTRIBUTORS this season.

Bowman is out. Justin Smith is on the decline. Aldon Smith is an unknown in terms of whether he can stay on the field.

If you take those three out, you have Patrick Willis and a bunch of scrubs. That's not a good defense.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Sounds good.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing to note regarding the Rams D. Last year, under their rookie D-Cord, the CB's played 5-10 yards off the receivers. It was the softest shell I have ever seen. QB's would hit the underneath WR who was obviously open due to the CB's nowhere close to them. The Rams pass rush still managed lots of pressure and sacks and very little blitzing. Imagine how they will do with super aggressive DC Gregg Williams who will play his CB's right in WR's faces and will be blitzing from every way imaginable. Alec Ogletree will be a monster in this scheme. Who will you double team up front with Long / Brockers / Donald / Quinn? Brockers is on the verge of becoming elite too.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will make believers out of you

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gregg-williams
Old 06-07-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Meh. You're still the sh!tty Rams until you're not.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

A couple years ago when the Rams were 7-8-1 and 4-1-1- in the West, the Rams were 5 plays away from 12-4. They lost 4 games on literally one play each game and the tied game by a player lining up wrong. The good teams make these plays, and the bad/mediocre teams don't. The Rams have improved their roster by a huge margin compared to that years team. Their d-line and front 7 might be the best in the NFL. Their o-line looks dominant and also 2 backs that can pound it (Stacy and Mason). Going to be an interesting year for sure. They have the potential to be SB contenders.