Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford is cross-eyed. He has no chance in this league.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Bradfords arm is solid but I wouldn't call it strong. Even with projecting he has a losing record. He put up some nice stats early against a couple bad team and then got hurt for the season again.

he was moving the ball up and down the field @ Carolina before he got hurt. I remember reading Carolinas message and they were saying, I thought Bradford was supposed to be bad?
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Bradfords arm is solid but I wouldn't call it strong. Even with projecting he has a losing record. He put up some nice stats early against a couple bad team and then got hurt for the season again.
The Rams actually had a chance to make a statement game early in the season when they played the 49ers Thursday night. SF was coming off a second straight loss, this time to the Colts and they had to travel on the road during a short week. We didn't have Patrick Willis or Vernon Davis. The passing game was also at it's worst point in the season. The Rams had gotten their lunch handed to them by the Cowboys the previous Sunday.

Yet Bradford played horribly in that game and couldn't lead the Rams to a win. It was another beatdown.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:54 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Then why were the Rams 3-4 when he got hurt? Bradford wasn't on his way to shutting up his critics because the Rams weren't going to finish ahead of Seattle or SF.

because the D wasn't stopping anybody. Once Bradford went down, stacey emerged and the D stepped up
Old 06-11-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The Rams actually had a chance to make a statement game early in the season when they played the 49ers Thursday night. SF was coming off a second straight loss, this time to the Colts and they had to travel on the road during a short week. We didn't have Patrick Willis or Vernon Davis. The passing game was also at it's worst point in the season. The Rams had gotten their lunch handed to them by the Cowboys the previous Sunday.

Yet Bradford played horribly in that game and couldn't lead the Rams to a win. It was another beatdown.

It was Bradfords worst game of his career and since the Rams aren't shown nationally very often, it is the game people identify Bradford with.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
because the D wasn't stopping anybody. Once Bradford went down, stacey emerged and the D stepped up
The defense doesn't have anything to do with not having the ability to put up points early in the game. It's not like the Rams were losing shootouts.

Well anyways, it is what it is. I don't think Bradford is starting material. Things could change, but I doubt it. I do believe the Rams are a QB away from being a playoff contender.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-11-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:37 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the "on pace" argument. Unfortunately for the extrapolation of Bradfords stats, the Rams didn't play the Jags, Texans and Falcons again after he was hurt. Bradford had 5 tds and 3 ints against the type of defenses he would have faced the rest of the season (Arizona, Dallas, San Fran, Carolina.)
Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it hilarious that some of Bradford's biggest detractors are fans of the Rams NFCW rivals.

I don't know if that means they're objective or biased.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I find it hilarious that some of Bradford's biggest detractors are fans of the Rams NFCW rivals.

I don't know if that means they're objective or biased.
Why is that strange to you? Don't you know pay attention to Eli Manning more than let's say, a Tennessee Titans fan would?

Seeing as a Rams are a division rival, it's not a surprise that fans from other teams in the same division would share their opinion. Would you be just as surprised if I said Russell Wilson is a better quarterback than a lot of people think he is?

Quote:
Old 06-11-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I love the "on pace" argument. Unfortunately for the extrapolation of Bradfords stats, the Rams didn't play the Jags, Texans and Falcons again after he was hurt. Bradford had 5 tds and 3 ints against the type of defenses he would have faced the rest of the season (Arizona, Dallas, San Fran, Carolina.)
Also, the "on pace" argument always seems to fail for unknown QBs. I can recall a few guys that folks were pounding the table for back in the day using the "on pace" argument. Billy Volek, Marc Bulger, Damon Huard, Shaun Hill, Matt Moore, etc. who all had pretty good stats in half a season of starts. Yet when either given an opportunity the next season they usually fall back down the Earth. The only that I listed that really panned out is Marc Bulger. And when he got the starting job early in 2003 he definitely struggled in his first season as a starter.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is Bradford's year. Make or break. If he ends up with a 7.3 YPA and a 24/13 TD/INT ratio and the Rams go 8-8 or 9-7 then the whole situation sucks for both sides of the argument.

Anything other than that should give us a good answer. He's not young anymore and there are no excuses. He's healthy and the supporting cast is good or decent at worst.

If he gets hurt, he can be fairly called injury prone or at the very least considered a guy whose career has been marred by injuries.

Will be very interesting. I really don't think there's a right answer at the moment. I loved him coming out of Oklahoma but this is the year that should define his value as a player more than any other year.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:29 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

except he's coming off ACL and has a crappy OC. He's always fighting an uphill battle
Old 06-12-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all about the defense and the offensive line. If these two units take big leaps forward like I think they will, Bradford will be hailed as a winner and his career will be resurrected.

The exact same thing happened to Cam Newton last year, who benefited from the Panthers having a top-5 defense despite actually being a pretty mediocre QB last year. The same thing also happened to Alex Smith and later Colin Kaepernick with the 49ers defense and offensive line (and subsequently the running game).
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote