Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: 2014 Bucs Record
10+ wins (Kansas City like turnaround) 10 23.26%
9-6 Wins 24 55.81%
5-2 Wins 6 13.95%
Top 5 Draft selection next year 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2014, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default TB Bucs Talent Level

Not saying they're up for the super bowl, but this roster has young studs popping up all over the place.

Defense- Gerald McCoy is the best interior Dlineman in the league. Right next to him is Micheal Johnson who has a boatload of pass rushing potential. And the back 7 you have LaVonte David, Alteraun Verner, Dashon Goldson, and rising star Mark Barron.

Offense- McCown and Glennon. Douglas Martin in the backfield. Vincent Jackson had 80 receptions 1200+ yards last year with defenses giving him all the attention, now you add Mike Evans. Plus Austin Seferian - Jenkins at TE.

My outlook is: The defense alone being coached by Frazier & Smith will lead to .500 . If Josh McCown takes a Rich Gannon step this year this team is playoff bound. The only unit questionable unit on this team is the offensive line but we all know Smith has a history of neglecting the offensive line
Mike Evans #13 ROTY

Last edited by Breed : 05-21-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would consider QB a questionable unit... especially with a first-time NFL coach in Tedford.

McCown had a special run last year, but to think he's going to come out of Trestmen's scheme (and one of the best offenses in the league from line to receivers to RB) and produce at that level is a little foolish. He's been a career backup for a reason.

It will likely come down to QB play, and I'm not confident he'll be that good.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would label it 2-5, or 6-9.
Not 9-6, or 5-2.

Who lists it backwards?

I mean "Think of a number between 1 & 100" is what we say.
Not "Think of a number between 100 & 1".

I got em at 8-8 this year, but if they sweep the Cam Newtons, they can go 9-7.
I was hoping these guys would suck this year since my Packers go down there and I want a 5-10 Bucs team, the week before Christmas, to offer all their seats to Cheeseheads swarming South for Christmas/Winter.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think of this?

Old 05-21-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think those players are very tall.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They spent to much in FA that usually means they will underachieve. I am not a fan of McCown. He played in a very friendly QB system under Trestman and they were loaded with weapons and had at least a decent OL.

9-7 I would say be best cast scenario for them at worst they will go 5-11. I think the divison is too tough with New Orleans and Carolina at the top and Atlanta should improve with the additions they have made.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like counting on rookie receivers. I'm not too high on either of the QBs. I also dont care for the passrushers. I think the Bucs are the 4th best team in the division but only because the other 3 are really strong. I think they win 6 to 8 games. I really like Lovie for their longterm future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends how the defense plays. Lavonte David and Gerald McCoy are two of the best defensive players in the entire NFL and the rest of the unit has plenty of talent too. If the defense plays well, the team will win. If it doesn't, we will have a top 10 pick.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

And 6-9 wins is a pretty large gap. With 6 wins you could be picking in the top 10. With 9, you could go on to win the Super Bowl...
Old 05-21-2014, 08:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Bucs can score 24-28 ppg, they'll win at least 9 games.

I believe in McNown and with those jumbo WRs, damn. A QB's best friend is a massive WR target downfield.

I think the Bucs are primed to surprise in 2014.

The problem is the NFCS isn't that far behind the NFCW as the best division in the NFL.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Bucs suck again do you go back to liking the Eagles?
Old 05-21-2014, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs are a much improved team with a lot of upside for sure

But you have to factor in they play in a tough division with New Orleans, Carolina and Atlanta (who will also be much better)

They also play teams like the Packers, Rams, Ravens, Lions plus the Steelers and Bears who will be better and

Tampa also has Minnesota, Cleveland and Washington who may not have done well last year but have quality new coaches in the building. These teams should be better.

The Bucs have potential, but they are going to have to work for their wins this season.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:15 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Depends how the defense plays. Lavonte David and Gerald McCoy are two of the best defensive players in the entire NFL and the rest of the unit has plenty of talent too. If the defense plays well, the team will win. If it doesn't, we will have a top 10 pick.
Why again did they get rid of Revis? They could have 3 of the best defensive players in the NFL

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:32 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Why again did they get rid of Revis? They could have 3 of the best defensive players in the NFL
So they could spend the money elsewhere.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant forget about my boy MASON PICK 6 FOSTER

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs do have nice collection of talent. I don't think its unrealistic to expect 9+ wins.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:26 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking 7 or 8 wins. Saints will win that division and I also see ATL bouncing back after a good draft and healthy Julio Jones

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Lovie Smith and the offensive combo of McCown/Jackson/James and Doug Martin. I think ASJ will be a good instant impact TE too. I don't think that McCown and that defense are good enough to be consistently good for 16 games though. 6-9 wins.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Saints 11-5
Falcons 9-7
Bucs 8-8
Panthers 6-10

Division +4 overall.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:22 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there OL good enough for this?
Old 05-22-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caddy is a fan so 2-14.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCown takes the next step and leads the Bucs were they need to go...a top 3 picks so they can address their massive hole at QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
McCown takes the next step and leads the Bucs were they need to go...a top 3 picks so they can address their massive hole at QB.

A top 3 pick is a 5 win season or less.

Lovie Smith only had one 5 win season as a HC, and never has coached a team to that poor a record with the talent he has in TB.

Compare Lovie's best teams he had in Chicago to his current TB squad and I'd argue this team per man is better.

People are underestimating how good the Saints will be this year, but I could very easily see the Bucs in contention for a wildcard berth all year.

The problem is the wildcard in the NFC might have to win 11 games.

THe Bucs have an efficient vet QB, two huge WRs and a hopefully a healthy Doug Martin. The D will be top 10.

No way the Bucs win only 5 games.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs have a career backup starting at QB, that alone can secure you only 5 wins. Plus I find Lovie and a good bit of that talent very over-rated. I'll be shocked if they aren't picking in the top 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
The Bucs have a career backup starting at QB, that alone can secure you only 5 wins. Plus I find Lovie and a good bit of that talent very over-rated. I'll be shocked if they aren't picking in the top 10.
This is true. The Texans had a pretty decent squad last year and a ****** QB and a few injuries gave them the number one pick. The Bucs are anything between the top pick and a ten-ish win team.