Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: 2014 Bucs Record
10+ wins (Kansas City like turnaround) 10 23.26%
9-6 Wins 24 55.81%
5-2 Wins 6 13.95%
Top 5 Draft selection next year 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2014, 09:00 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
This is true. The Texans had a pretty decent squad last year and a ****** QB and a few injuries gave them the number one pick. The Bucs are anything between the top pick and a ten-ish win team.
Exactly, if McCown really is the next Gannon then sure, they could win that division, but if he's the journeyman he's been for 95% of his career that team isn't very good and could be really awful with the wrong injuries to the supporting cast.

This is a QB league and if your QB spot is a big question mark then that makes the whole team a big question mark, and McCown is as big a question mark as any team in this league has under center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:39 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
The Bucs have a career backup starting at QB, that alone can secure you only 5 wins. Plus I find Lovie and a good bit of that talent very over-rated. I'll be shocked if they aren't picking in the top 10.
It's not written in stone that every backup QB is a bum.

Sometimes backup QBs are late bloomers. It happens.
I think McCown showed last year he has the chops to be a starter in the NFL.

The man had 13 TDs and 1 INT in 5 starts for the Bears last year and averaged over 300yds passing per game.

Carolina still needs Cam to be Superman to win double digit games, Atlanta will be better with Jake Matthews and the return of Julio Jones but they'll still give up a ton of yards and points on D, the Saints look like a top 3 team in the NFC.

I still expect Lovie to field the 2nd best D in the division.. Maybe.

Losing Doug Martin really threw off the Bucs on both sides of the football. They couldn't sustain drives and the D was on the field too much.

The Bucs 4 wins IMO have more to do with Schiano losing the team, Mike Glennon being a a rookie and Doug Martin lost for most the season.

Their talent level wasn't 4 wins.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have more talent on defense than other supposedly "powerhouse" teams like the 49ers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs are a top-5 defense next year.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:38 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Focusing on the 5 good games that prove your point rather than the years before it is how Matt Flynn gets a fat contract and Billy Volek makes more in one year than any backup ever should in a career. Hell Matt Cassel tricked people into thinking he was competent for a full season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
It's not written in stone that every backup QB is a bum.

Sometimes backup QBs are late bloomers. It happens.
I think McCown showed last year he has the chops to be a starter in the NFL.

The man had 13 TDs and 1 INT in 5 starts for the Bears last year and averaged over 300yds passing per game.

Carolina still needs Cam to be Superman to win double digit games, Atlanta will be better with Jake Matthews and the return of Julio Jones but they'll still give up a ton of yards and points on D, the Saints look like a top 3 team in the NFC.

I still expect Lovie to field the 2nd best D in the division.. Maybe.

Losing Doug Martin really threw off the Bucs on both sides of the football. They couldn't sustain drives and the D was on the field too much.

The Bucs 4 wins IMO have more to do with Schiano losing the team, Mike Glennon being a a rookie and Doug Martin lost for most the season.

Their talent level wasn't 4 wins.
Not really sure I agree with this statement. Doug Martin wasn't having a great year before he got hurt and the Bucs hadn't won a game. The Bucs ended up with 4 wins in the middle third of the season. I don't know what the direct correlation is to this, but saying losing Doug Martin really threw them doesn't add up.

The bucs had some really good games rushing the ball, thinking of the Seattle game which they almost pulled off in Seattle, but did have some poor ones like Detroit, San Francisco etc. But those teams are very good against the run and I'm not sure Martin would have been able to make a major difference.

Obviously having a healthy Martin back makes them a better team, but I would argue it didn't hurt them that much last year. In fact they were in some real close games with a rookie signal caller and could have realistically gone 7-9 to 8-8, seldom were they blown out. Perhaps Martin may have helped them take some games but they were in close games when he was there too.

I hate the move to McCown and would roll with Glennon. With Glennon potentially making some strides I could see the Bucs as a 9 win team with a lot of potential. With McCown I could see the Bucs as a 9 win team with little room to grow and improve

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:55 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was trying to figure out what Lovie Smith's formula for success is going to be in TB and much of that is probably going to rely on a strong run game.

I don't think he wants McCown or whomever throwing the ball 30-35 times a game to win and the best way to take the air out of the football in the 4th quarter is with a running game that can shut things down late.

Other than Mike Glennon being a rookie, I didn't see enough TB games to have a general feel about why they were losing.

It's true the Bucs weren't getting blown out last season. Too often it seems like they just couldn't close out games.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:45 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll fall right in that 6-9 win area just like the other 35-50% of the NFL.

They have talent, but they'll need to win in the division and that's something that will still be hard, even with Carolina's questionable O-Line. (Although I expect Amini Silatolu to start at LT, and Trai Turner to fill in at OG for him.)