Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely thought Pete Carroll would fail in Seattle.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omar Jacobs

and

Andre Woodson
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 AM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.

Going into the 04 draft, I thought that the Steelers should have drafted Dunta Robinson (I didn't know much about Roethlisberger). I thought that CB was Pittsburgh's biggest need.

I also thought back in 92 that Mike Croel would be a future superstar, but never had a double-digit sack season again.
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
I also thought back in 92 that Mike Croel would be a future superstar, but never had a double-digit sack season again.
I thought him and John Mobley would form the best LB Corp in the NFL.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I thought him and John Mobley would form the best LB Corp in the NFL.
Croel didn't play with Mobley. Denver drafted John in 1996, and by that time, Croel was with the Ravens. If Mike would have worked out, they may not have drafted John.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I thought Nate Davis was going to be a starting caliber NFL QB.
I still think Nate Davis got screwed. And I still think he could have been a decent player in the NFL if he wasn't under Singletary's rule. I'd like to see what Harbaugh could have done with him. Apparently he was too lazy though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:41 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
Croel didn't play with Mobley. Denver drafted John in 1996, and by that time, Croel was with the Ravens. If Mike would have worked out, they may not have drafted John.
Was Croel released after Mobley was drafted?

(N/M, Croel spent a year with the Giants before the Ravens)

Last edited by MassNole : 05-27-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought Dre Moore was going to be a stud if he got drafted to a 3-4 team.
I was high on Moore too, haven't thought about him in a while. He's apparently in the AFL now.

I've believed in Brady Quinn, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Barkley, and this year I had to hold back from liking AJ McCarron.

I really wanted to draft Stephen Paea.

Darren McFadden = top 5 NFL RB for years.

Keith Rivers = stud in 4-3 or 3-4, no way he can't succeed.

I still want to give Vernon Gholston a chance.

Shawn Crable was an underrated gem and would be the next great NE linebacker.

Peria Jerry = next Warren Sapp

Sen'Derrick Marks = the other next Warren Sapp

Jarron Gilbert wasn't just empty pool-jumping hype

Brandon Graham is the next Dwight Freeney

Brian Price is just as good as Suh and McCoy

Vladimir Ducasse is a solid prospect

Everyone loves Julio Jones but I just KNOW he's gonna bust.

Gabe Carimi is the best OL in his draft class

Derek Sherrod is the 2nd best OL in his draft class

Derek Wolfe is the next JJ Watt

Alameda Ta'amu is the steal of the 2012 draft

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very wrong about Peria Jerry. I am an Ole Miss homer but I was certain that he was going to be a stud in the NFL, he was so dominant in college. Had very good physical tools to work with as well, just never got it done in the NFL and has had trouble staying healthy.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-27-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depressing thread.

I've agreed with about 90% of the FAIL prospect opinions.lol

My current lost cause is the Brit rugby player picked up by the 49ers last year, Lawrence Okoye.

Someone in the UK gave him terrible advice. There's no way in hell a track athlete can make the jump to the NFL having never played the sport before.
He should have signed with any U.S. college with a football program and learned the sport for 2-3 years.

I know 49ers fan are still keeping this lottery ticket, but is it worth more than fifty bucks???
Old 05-27-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Matt Millen picked Shaun Rogers in the 2nd round, I thought "wow, this guy is a really good talent evaluator" ...
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
When Matt Millen picked Shaun Rogers in the 2nd round, I thought "wow, this guy is a really good talent evaluator" ...
Matt Millen had to be a Madden draft genius. Using Harrington with Jones, Williams, Rodgers was an offense made in heaven.

Lehman, Sims were monster LBers and then they had Boss Bailey who was a stud in the old Maddens.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wasn't a fan of the Matt Forte pick. I really wanted Jamaal Charles.
You can't really go wrong with either one.

Quote:
Marvin Lewis is on the hot seat in Cincy.
He still could be if they don't get past the first round of the playoffs.

Here are some of mine:

Again, Pete Carroll. I thought he was going to last two seasons in Seattle. On a side note, I thought the Seahawks dark aqua uniforms were here to stay.

I thought Cade McNown was going to be a good quarterback for the Bears. He turned out to be a fast left-handed QB who can't throw a football. That sounds familiar.

I thought Ohio State punter B.J. Sander was worth the third round pick the Packers used on him.

After the 1999 season, I thought the Rams would be the first team to win three straight Super Bowls. They didn't repeat either. When the Patriots were 16-0 in 2007, I thought they would be the first to win three straight Super Bowls. They didn't even win the Super Bowl that year.

I sort of thought Tim Couch would be good after the Browns picked him #1.

I thought Matt Schaub would continue to be good in Houston.

I thought NaVorro Bowman was just another draft pick.

I thought Bruce Miller wouldn't make a good fullback after converting from college DE.

Here's a couple of music ones: I thought The Vinnie Vincent Invasion was going to hit it big. I also thought hair metal was going to still be popular 25 years in the future -- which is now the present.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

I thought Tony Sacca would become a franchise QB.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
I thought NaVorro Bowman was just another draft pick.
Right there with you

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-27-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a big fan of NaVorro at Penn State and I didn't see a star-caliber player there.

I actually thought Dan Connor would be a beast in NFL.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually thought Dan Connor would be a beast in NFL.
Injuries might have done him in more that talent. He could injure himself by having a bad dream. (If you tear your ACL in your dreams, you tear your ACL for real. We're the Dream Warriors.)
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:17 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too many to name but the one I remember and regret the most was thinking J.J. Watt was not much better than an Adam Carriker/Jamaal Anderson type of player.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:37 PM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I thought Tony Sacca would become a franchise QB.
Really? That's interesting.

I remember him at Penn State. He wasn't too bad, but didn't set the world on fire.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:45 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Too many to name but the one I remember and regret the most was thinking J.J. Watt was not much better than an Adam Carriker/Jamaal Anderson type of player.
Oh god, Jamaal Anderson. He was supposed to be a combo of Watt and a prime Justin Tuck...and then he got to the NFL and just never gave another **** again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

Quote:
Vladimir Ducasse is a solid prospect
Four years ago, I thought that the Broncos would take him or Jon Asamoah in the second round, not Zane Beadles, who didn't have a second-round grade.

Then, two years later, I thought that they took their center of the future in Philip Blake. Dead wrong on that one so far.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I know 49ers fan are still keeping this lottery ticket, but is it worth more than fifty bucks???
He'll likely get his opportunity to put it on the field this TC and preseason. He'll need to impress to have a chance at a very deep position. I can't believe they would've carried him all last season and this entire offseason if they didn't see anything to work with. Jim Tomsula is a wizard.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:40 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll likely get his opportunity to put it on the field this TC and preseason. He'll need to impress to have a chance at a very deep position. I can't believe they would've carried him all last season and this entire offseason if they didn't see anything to work with. Jim Tomsula is a wizard.
Okoye's physical tools are elite no doubt, but I question his ego and sense of reality.

Thinking his best shot to make it in the NFL is by signing as an UDFA with a serious SB contender like SF which has one of the best defenses in the NFL, despite the fact you've never played football before and thinking it's wise not to play a couple of seasons at least of college football just seems crazy to me.

I'm still ride-or-die with Okoye but it's hard to imagine he makes it with the 49ers.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 05-28-2014 at 12:22 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:56 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Okoye's physical tools are elite no doubt, but I question his ego and sense of reality.

Thinking his best shot to make it in the NFL is by signing as an UDFA with a serious SB contender like SF who has one of the best defenses in the NFL, despite the fact you've never played football before and thinking it's wise not to play a couple of seasons at least of college football just seems crazy to me.

I'm still ride-or-die with Okoye but it's hard to imagine he makes it with the 49ers.
But he looks so sexy enjoying his red-shirt next to Tank Carradine! :)

Old 05-28-2014, 10:43 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Matt Millen had to be a Madden draft genius. Using Harrington with Jones, Williams, Rodgers was an offense made in heaven.

Lehman, Sims were monster LBers and then they had Boss Bailey who was a stud in the old Maddens.
When Boss Bailey and Sims both had high 85+ speed. Always got them two.