Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 06-01-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Why 2008 specifically?
I see! A question with a question.

To negate my question just to answer yours because obviously mine is not important. It has been said that after the 2008 class run, guys would not be valued the same because of the lack of production etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Last edited by shylo3716 : 06-02-2014 at 09:59 AM.
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I see! A question with a question.

To negate my question just to answer yours because obviously mine is not important. It has been said that after the 2008 class run, guys would not be valued the same because of the lack of production etc.
Gotcha. Well I've been following the draft since about 2003, but it wasn't untill about 2008 I really began taking it seriously as a hobby, so the short answer to your question must be, that it was after 2008 I developed the notion, that RB's shouldn't be taken in the first round, let alone the top 10.
There are many reasons for it. First of all, there is the fact, that RB's in general have the shortest expected careers in the league. Then there is the fact, that as we all know, that football nowadays is a pass first type of game. Positional value is also a factor.
Finally, if you look at the draft the last 10 years, most running backs selected in the first round have simply not produced at a level, that I personally would expect from a first round pick.
I don't want to spend to much time crunching the numbers, but given how it time and time again teams have been able to find significant contribution/production from RB's picked outside the first round, if I where a GM, I would much rather hedge my bets on being able to find a good, productive RB in rounds 2-7 (or even UDFA), all the while being able to add top shelf talent at more important positions with my first round pick.

As a specific note related to the Ravens, new OC Gary Kubiak comes from the Shanahan coaching tree, and just like his mentor, Kubiak have shown the ability to turn RB's picked beyond round 1 into quality starters. (Or in the case of Arian Foster even into superstars.)
I would rather gamble on Kubiak being able to do that again, than I would waste such a premium ressource as a top 6 pick on a RB, even though I do believe Todd Gurley can be a great RB in the NFL.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So there is no possible way McCarron will not become the starter?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
xstamper13
Rookie

xstamper13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Big Raider fan here and I think you are absolutely delusional in thinking that Oakland will be picking toward the latter end of the draft. We improved a bit but we still have too many question marks and are counting on too many veterans to reverse their career arc. If we win 6 games then Dennis Allen ought to get serious consideration for coach of the year.

That being said, yes, OT will be a priority for us as Penn is a far cry from the answer. We'll also need DE, QB and WR help next year as well.
xstamper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstamper13 View Post
Big Raider fan here and I think you are absolutely delusional in thinking that Oakland will be picking toward the latter end of the draft. We improved a bit but we still have too many question marks and are counting on too many veterans to reverse their career arc. If we win 6 games then Dennis Allen ought to get serious consideration for coach of the year.

That being said, yes, OT will be a priority for us as Penn is a far cry from the answer. We'll also need DE, QB and WR help next year as well.
I always expected the unexpected because no one really knows what to expect.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-04-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OT for the Chiefs doesn't make a ton of sense. Fisher is at LT and Stephenson is at RT. We're set.

We do need a QB though, and you have Jameis going on pick after the Chiefs pick. I'd look there instead.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Receiver for Chicago????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:03 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Receiver for Chicago????
Change of pace to go with your two bigs besides Diggs would thrive on special teams.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-04-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
OT for the Chiefs doesn't make a ton of sense. Fisher is at LT and Stephenson is at RT. We're set.

We do need a QB though, and you have Jameis going on pick after the Chiefs pick. I'd look there instead.
I'll take this into consideration for my next Mock.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-04-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll take this into consideration for my next Mock.
They just drafted Aaron Murray.
No possible way he doesn't become the starter?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
They just drafted Aaron Murray.
No possible way he doesn't become the starter?
I was aware of Murray, I respect all feedback but I incorporate accordingly.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-05-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This mock is all wrong give the Browns #1 (from BUF) and #32 (our own) and your picks will be more accurate.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
This mock is all wrong give the Browns #1 (from BUF) and #32 (our own) and your picks will be more accurate.
What I take back from this interpretation is that I may have a well rounded Mock overall.👌

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-06-2014, 05:28 PM    (permalink
xstamper13
Rookie

xstamper13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Talking

Quote:
We Raider fans have learned to expect to finish with a top 5 pick.
xstamper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But if you expect the unexpected, then it's no longer unexpected.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
But if you expect the unexpected, then it's no longer unexpected.
You know what I mean wise guy.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-14-2014, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the position not the pick.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:57 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
I like the position not the pick.
I'm not sold on T.J. Yeldon as a Top RB. I feel he will be irrelevant this season once Derrick Henry gets a few more carries under his belt.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-15-2014, 08:59 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't see any scenario where Winston is the 4th QB drafted, or is still on the board at pick 15 unless his arm falls off in 2014 and he becomes a lazy and dumb football player ON the field.

Character issues may knock him some on a few team's big boards, but not that far. Jameis IMO would have to be arrested in 2014 to fall that far.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:55 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I really can't see any scenario where Winston is the 4th QB drafted, or is still on the board at pick 15 unless his arm falls off in 2014 and he becomes a lazy and dumb football player ON the field.

Character issues may knock him some on a few team's big boards, but not that far. Jameis IMO would have to be arrested in 2014 to fall that far.
Quote:
The thing with Winston is that I have him sliding even further in this Round but I do not incorporate trades this early. His off the field issues most certainly give me the impression that he will take a hit when it comes to his draft range. Last year we had Bridgewater slated as a lock for the #1 QB spot without the concerns Winston has. Just stating the obvious as of late with these Top QB prospects.
I've spoke my piece already.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-15-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bridgewater had Winston's physical tools, he would have gone number 1 overall.

You have to take into account WHY QB prospects slide and not assume they will automatically slide for some unknown reason.

It's no mystery why Teddy fell in the draft.

It will be head scratching if Mariota/Hundley/Petty all go before Winston, excluding some unforeseen off the field issues yet to occur.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If Bridgewater had Winston's physical tools, he would have gone number 1 overall.

You have to take into account WHY QB prospects slide and not assume they will automatically slide for some unknown reason.

It's no mystery why Teddy fell in the draft.

It will be head scratching if Mariota/Hundley/Petty all go before Winston, excluding some unforeseen off the field issues yet to occur.
Overall how do you like the Mock?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-15-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

I like the top 32 players, the order is too early for me at this point.

I do think we see more RBs go in the first round in following drafts, for the same reason more flawed QBs will go high every year; the rookie salary cap.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay at 17? I thought I liked you Shylo!

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Green Bay at 17? I thought I liked you Shylo!
I thought so too, now talk to me about the selection.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger