Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
Him on the Raiders would be a bad idea.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8077502/

ROFL...I never saw that before...that is hilarious.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He talks too much, he doesnt make sense, hes fat, hes sloppy, he acts like hes the best thing since sliced bread. Hes ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too."
Kris Jenkins does not like Warren Sapp.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That is soooo old

most of those comments were made during the 03' season
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Not really. There's a reason why Carolina wants to get rid of him.
there trying to get under the cap. We took a chance on Woodson and it worked out i say we take a chance on Jekins.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
there trying to get under the cap. We took a chance on Woodson and it worked out i say we take a chance on Jekins.
Yay for the Jenkins brothers!!!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what I say

#6 overall for

#14 overall and Chris Jenkins and Panthers 5th Rounder.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Here's what I say

#6 overall for

#14 overall and Chris Jenkins and Panthers 5th Rounder.
who would they take at 6? Okoye?
Old 04-07-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
who would they take at 6? Okoye?
Okoye, Branch, Landry, or if Quinn drops.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I was thinking Quinn also, but with the signing of Carr would that change their mindset?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
I was thinking Quinn also, but with the signing of Carr would that change their mindset?
If Quinn is there I don't think Carr should change your mind but I would also look at Landry as no way he drops to 14.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason Carolina's shopping him is that even though he's a great defensive tackle he's gotten lazy. He takes plays off and reports to camp pushing 400 pounds after not taking part in the offseason workouts.

If we got rid of him we'd be able to start Maake Kemoeatu, Damoine Lewis and rotate in Jordan Carstens.

In 05 with a starting tandem of Buckner and Carstens we had a top 5 defense. Hell, get rid of Jenkins and all that happens in that we rotate in two good, if unspectacular defensive tackles and lessen our cap hit.

Another third rounder could be good for carolina and could give us some ammo to move up in the earlier rounds if we're dying for someone. If we get anything less than a second I won't be happy though. Lets be realistic here. We had a top 7 defence and he made the pro bowl THROUGH PLAYER VOTING.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

The Rams seem to like former Carolina defensive players. Witherspoon did well for us last year, and they went and added Draft to the LB core. One thing to keep in mind is that our new VP of Player Personel, Tony Softli was involved with the Panthers organization during the period where they drafted Jenkins and throughout his career there. So he obviously has a very good idea of what he's getting into if they make the move for him.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If youre trading for Jenkins, youre trading for an injury prone DT who was unable to get back to form. He also has mental issues, he takes medication, and isn't regarded as a great offseason workout guy.

If he was any good, Carolina would keep him. Theyre trying to get rid of him while they can get something for him. Theyre lookin for a sucker.

I hope the Giants dont go after him. We've gone after enough injury prone guys. Its time to shy away.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You gave a 49 million dollar contract to an above average cornerback, it's not like it was a sterling success.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You gave a 49 million dollar contract to an above average cornerback, it's not like it was a sterling success.
I think he was worth the money. The Packers finally had somebody on defence who could create turnovers and make plays. That's something they've been missing since Darren Sharper left.

I don't see how Jenkins would fit in with the Packers. They already have plenty of depth at DT and I doubt they'll add anybody there this off-season. I could see them adding somebody at DE depending on how they're planning to use Jenkins/Gbaja-Biamilla. I personally think the line is fine how it is except they might want to add a late-round pick for depth at DE.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd KILL for the Colts to get him. Easily worth one of our 3rd rounders, maybe even with a 7th packaged in too, or something.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I think he was worth the money. The Packers finally had somebody on defence who could create turnovers and make plays. That's something they've been missing since Darren Sharper left.

I don't see how Jenkins would fit in with the Packers. They already have plenty of depth at DT and I doubt they'll add anybody there this off-season. I could see them adding somebody at DE depending on how they're planning to use Jenkins/Gbaja-Biamilla. I personally think the line is fine how it is except they might want to add a late-round pick for depth at DE.
but but but...we have his bro

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, Landry would be much better then those. They don't need to look to get a big replacement they are very deep at DT.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but dude, could you imagine Okoye Beside peppers?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default wow...

If the Skins got Landry I'd hate to be a WR working the middle of the field with Taylor and Landry back there. Ouch.

Of course why pass when you can probably run for 6 YPC against their DL.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any decent players leaving the division are much appreciated.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisby213 View Post
I'd KILL for the Colts to get him. Easily worth one of our 3rd rounders, maybe even with a 7th packaged in too, or something.
I would LOVE it if the Colts got him. They could possibly trade either Ryan Diem or Jake Scott for him. We desperately need a 4-3 NT and Jenkins would be just that. I think he could restore his old form especially if he gets into a rotation system the way the Colts run.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Maddenhero
Rookie

Maddenhero hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I would LOVE it if the Colts got him. They could possibly trade either Ryan Diem or Jake Scott for him. We desperately need a 4-3 NT and Jenkins would be just that. I think he could restore his old form especially if he gets into a rotation system the way the Colts run.
What happened to Corey Simon? Him and Mcfarland seemed like a really good DT tandem.
Maddenhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddenhero View Post
What happened to Corey Simon? Him and Mcfarland seemed like a really good DT tandem.
Corey Simon missed all of last year, and no one has any idea why. Theres a 70% chance he doesn't even play in the NFL again. We haven't played with Simon since 2005.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
We desperately need a 4-3 NT and Jenkins would be just that.
Uh, Booger? What the Colts need is a Tampa 2 UT.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote