Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Better Quarterback class?
2004 (Big Ben, Manning, Rivers.... Losman, Schuab) 32 37.21%
2006 (Young, Lienart, Cutler.... Clemens, T-Jack) 54 62.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2004 QB Class or 2006 QB Class?

which do you feel is going to ultimately be better????

I gotta say 2004, although both are gonna be very good.

Heres how I see things shaking out. The guys arent gonna be exact clones, but theres some similarity's.

Big Ben............ Brett Favre

Phil Rivers.........Jim Kelly

Eli Manning....... John Elway

Jay Cutler.........Phil Simms

Vince Young.....Air Mcnair but slightly better

Matt Lienart.....Trent Green

So yea. I think that 2004 is gonna be on par with the heralded 1983 QB class. 2006 is a nice class, but doesnt quite stack up with 2004 imo.

whats your opinion?
Old 04-08-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Losman is better than Manning. He won games for his team last year, Manning lost them.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloDraftGeek View Post
Losman is better than Manning. He won games for his team last year, Manning lost them.
You're dillusional.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning is nothing like John Elway. Vince Young is more like Elway than Manning is. I picked 06 because Young has already proved doubters wrong, Leinart did fairly well, and Cutler played pretty well too. And Croyle could start this year.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
leftwich7
Rookie

leftwich7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i thinks its too early to say anything, however i will say that 04 has a title and 06 does not

big ups to Sf49ers1121
leftwich7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben is nowhere near #4

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Did you just call Eli Manning comparable to John Elway?

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

The Comparison of Manning to Elway is a bit of a reach, and I don't really see Leinart as a Trent Green...that being said I would still think the '04 class is goign to be better, but it's probably a little to early to judge, since none of the '06 have even started a full season yet.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwich7 View Post
i thinks its too early to say anything, however i will say that 04 has a title and 06 does not
Big Ben didn't win that title, The Steeler did it despite him.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Big Ben didn't win that title, The Steeler did it despite him.
He wasn't a star but he did do a nice job managing the game and not losing it for the Steelers.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben and Favre? Favre 6'2...Big Ben 6'5

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

I will say 2006 because 3 beats 2. Rivers and Big Ben have been great so far, but I think Young, Leinart, and Cutler will all be great.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Yeah, I would disagree with almost all of the comparisons. I'm not gonna try to do better because I don't like palyer comparisons, but if we are going to do that I would call Cutler much more similar to Favre than Roethlisberger.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
I will say 2006 because 3 beats 2. Rivers and Big Ben have been great so far, but I think Young, Leinart, and Cutler will all be great.
They could all be great, but I think it's very unlikely all three will be great. Rivers and Roethlisberger and Manning could all be great too, It's a little to early for this conversation to have any real arguments though, mostly from the 2006 side.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Do you compare everything just physically? Russell can't be compared to Palmer because Russell's athletic, and Boller is a good comparison to Russell since they both have good arms and fair mobility? More goes into a comparison than physical attributes, you know.

Anyway, I'd say 06. Roethlisberger hasn't shown he can really lead the team, Manning is still struggling(although I think he'll get out of it), Losman so far has had one good year, and Rivers has the best OL, Tomlinson, Gates and the most talented D to help him.

Leinart flashed some good potential, VY did as well, and won OROY, and Cutler performed very well in his third of the season. Although, if no 4th QB emerges from 06, and all 4 stay good from 04, then I may be inclined to give it to 04 as long as Leinart, VY and Cutler don't bust out all crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

Big Ben is nothing like favre. If you want to compare him to a great QB it would be Aikman.

Losman is the most like favre. Big risk taker who loves to throw the ball up.

And none of them are like kelly, because none of them run a no huddle offense and call their own plays. Peyton Manning is like Kelly.

Of course, none of those QB's are anywhere near that of great HOFers.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
He wasn't a star but he did do a nice job managing the game and not losing it for the Steelers.
Silent shot at Grossman.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jason Campbell.

Last edited by FloridaFootball : 04-10-2007 at 08:14 AM.
FloridaFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
You're dillusional.
How do you figure.

Just as I said. Manning was a liability who lost games, that his team had to overcome to win.

Losman was a playmaker who won games for his team (two game-winning drives with, would be a third if lindel could his a 40 yard field goal in a dome, or a 50 yarder in wind, would make it a 4th). Manning certainly has potential to be something decent, but at this point in their careers Losman>Manning.

As for the comparison. Each class has produced a probowler (though VY didn't deserve it), and the 04 class has a superbowl ring. Still though, the 06 class is very young, and we've only seen what, a collective 20 games out of them? I do think the 06 class has much more potential. But on play alone, its the 04 class, just because they have more experience thus far.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Anyway, I'd say 06. Roethlisberger hasn't shown he can really lead the team, Manning is still struggling(although I think he'll get out of it), Losman so far has had one good year, and Rivers has the best OL, Tomlinson, Gates and the most talented D to help him.
Those aren't really fair knocks on those players though. I mean for how great Rivers supporting cast is, you are telling me Leinart doesn't have an even better, amazing receiving core? and that Cutler's coaching and strong defense, as well as deep threat Walker didn't help him develop? Or taht Young....well he kind of just played really good haha. But not all QBs are amazing after just three years, and good casts that help them do better, plus Roethlisberger has shown he can lead a team...he won the Super Bowl. I don't think your criticsims of Rivers, Losman, and Roethlisberger are very fair though.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this thread is on crack.....at least as far as comparisons are concened

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate how Homers say John Elway is similar to Eli. That is so comical
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I hate how Homers say John Elway is similar to Eli. That is so comical
Amen(10 Char.)
Old 04-08-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler=Simms is pretty bad too. Not as bad as Eli=Elway though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everyone' writing off Eli a little too soon. Give him a year or two without Coughlin, and we'll see what happens. Coughlin should not have a job right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote