Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Better Quarterback class?
2004 (Big Ben, Manning, Rivers.... Losman, Schuab) 32 37.21%
2006 (Young, Lienart, Cutler.... Clemens, T-Jack) 54 62.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's really too early to tell, but....

Young > Rivers
Leinart > Roethlisberger
Cutler >> E. Manning

And not to be a homer, but I'd take Clemens over Losman. I don't care if he improved to being mediocre over absolutely terrible. I like Clemens' potential.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In regards to prospect status', I think 2004 pretty much blows 2006 out of the water.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this thread fails bad, it is waaaay to early to pass any real judgment on the 2006 Class. they have had one year and not one of them have played a full season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Eli is on tv almost every week...do you really think no one else has seen him play? Your stats argument is absurd, as even you have to know stats cannot tell the full story on a player.

I don't want to waste any more space on a thread arguing about Eli, unless you really want to. We've beaten this to death in countless other threads and posts so there is really no need to do it. Comparing Eli to Elway is something I have only seen you do. Find me other Giants fans who have the same agreement...or any other fan at all and I may give you some credibility on this. If you can't I would suggest you look at almost every other post in this thread that has ridiculed that comparison.
The Eli fangirls are an embarrassment to us real Giants fans. Eli has done nothing to justify trading all of those picks for him. If more than anything else, he has brought down the Giants by sapping the Giants ability to rebuild other parts of the team.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
trademaster
Rookie

trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Shockey steps up in big spots. The problem with Shockey is that he was severely underutilized last year. He was used entirely too much on blocking.

He averaged about 40 yards a game receiving. Thats not really great, especially considering the pass happy offense the Giants had going last year.

Toomer is a nice #2 option. But he was injured last year and like I said, Eli was playing on a pro bowl level before Toomers injury (although Pettigout was lost for the season the same game)

And there was NO 3rd reciever on the Giants. Sinorice Moss was injured all year and was a rookie. We were relying on Tim Carter, who shouldnt even make an NFL roster....

Tiki Barber is a nice player, and a compliment to the passing game. I give you that one. But Tiki didnt really make the big play off of a pass. he had only 2 receptions that gained 20 yards. And the long was 28 yards. Plus teams didnt put 8 in the box against us so Tiki didnt help in that regard.
1st off, Tiki is a great player, and the only reason why the Giants was able to manage to sneak in the playoffs, 2nd, he is one of the best pass catching RB in the game, so with Plax, Tiki and SHockey, you cant say he didnt have any weapons, in fact he had great weapons, he has the playaction working for him, and he has a decent OL, way better than Losman O-line, and JP didnt have any running game last year, because McGahee had an off-year, he had one great weapon and that's Lee Evans, but that's it.

ANd that game with Titans, was partly his fault, that INT to Pacman Jones?

Sig by Mockalicious

'''VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!''''

-Johnny Drama-
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
It's really too early to tell, but....

Young > Rivers
Leinart > Roethlisberger
Cutler >> E. Manning

And not to be a homer, but I'd take Clemens over Losman. I don't care if he improved to being mediocre over absolutely terrible. I like Clemens' potential.
I don't get that arguement at all. Talking potential, Losman definetly has more than clemens. Losman has all the athletic attributes you look for in a QB. Strong arm, very mobile, etc. And Clemens has never even played, has he? You can't call him better than Losman, who had the 10th highest QB rating in the league last year.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloDraftGeek View Post
I don't get that arguement at all. Talking potential, Losman definetly has more than clemens. Losman has all the athletic attributes you look for in a QB. Strong arm, very mobile, etc. And Clemens has never even played, has he? You can't call him better than Losman, who had the 10th highest QB rating in the league last year.
I didn't say he was better than Losman yet. That's exactly what I was saying, it's too early to tell, but I'll take the potential of Clemens over the mediocre performance of Losman. Clemens should have been the third QB off the board ahead of Cutler if he had not been injured. Strong arm, mobility, etc don't make a QB great, and besides that you say it like Clemens doesn't have those traits. He has a cannon for an arm, and great footwork. Some analysts (such as Hodge) had him as the best QB in the draft before his injury, and the 2nd best after his injury.

Last edited by Non_Sequitur : 04-09-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Maddenhero
Rookie

Maddenhero hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
And what games did he lose for them? Seriously, I wanna know.
I'm not sure about this, but didn't he kinda lose the Titans game. The game where Kiwanuka missed that sack. He threw two costly interceptions.
Maddenhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddenhero View Post
I'm not sure about this, but didn't he kinda lose the Titans game. The game where Kiwanuka missed that sack. He threw two costly interceptions.
The first one wouldn't be a pick if Burress didn't give up on the play. Most Giant fans (and teammates) blamed Plax for that one.

He just stopped running.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
He wasn't playing defense but he sure as **** gave up two lame ducks to Pacman Jones.
The first wasn't his fault for two reasons. Plax gave up on the play, and there's no reason to call a deep pass on 2nd and 4 with a 21 point lead. The game was already blown before the 2nd INT.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
I didn't say he was better than Losman yet. That's exactly what I was saying, it's too early to tell, but I'll take the potential of Clemens over the mediocre performance of Losman. Clemens should have been the third QB off the board ahead of Cutler if he had not been injured. Strong arm, mobility, etc don't make a QB great, and besides that you say it like Clemens doesn't have those traits. He has a cannon for an arm, and great footwork. Some analysts (such as Hodge) had him as the best QB in the draft before his injury, and the 2nd best after his injury.
Losman performed well above expectations this year and put up some of the better numbers in the league. If he didn't have a moron for a head coach in his first year starting Losman could be in discussion as the top QB from this class. Hoge is not my favorite QB expert, either. Clemens was a solid prospect and I probably had him graded near the same spot where I graded Losman back in 04. Factoring in your Jets fandom, I'm not going to argue against your opinion here, because it might just be a fair one. But show some more respect to Losman than calling what was an expectation-exceeding year in which he led the team and only got better when McGahee was out. He excelled in the clutch and when he was the focal point of the offense, even carrying the team. It was a breakthrough year in many ways for him, and for a QB with such potential, a year like that should be seen as more than "mediocre". Of course he's been called much, much worse.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote