Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-07-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mens Tennis: why its plummeting, why it sucks, w/ a poll

i used to care, now it just sucks. same two guys every friggin major.
Federer and Nadal. When was the last time one of these guys didn't make the semifinals and steal every headline and all the airtime on Tv, let alone play eachother practically every final?

this isnt too good for teh sport, there is nobody that personable on the tour, that is why tennis is day by day losing more fans than any sport in the world. any one actually gonna watch this?

I'd like to see the sport get a little more exposure, and fanbase, but i guess that isnt possible when 80 percent of these guys are european gentlemen with combovers (nothing wront with that) it just isnt appealing to the public, esp when its only 2-3 guys that ever get light (federer the consistent one. nadal the clay wizard, and roddick, the one dimensioal serve and volley, rocker tempered local favorite.

id love to see a guy like james blake of hartford win one, but that never happens in the sport. this is why tennis is on the way down.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:14 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tennis was always boring imo.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So they should start rigging it like the NBA?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they need Roddick to step it up...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

They dont have T & A?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:56 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

sampras and agassi were a two man show if i remember correctly. that didn't stop tennis from being popular then.

the bigger problem is that it's not a sport most people can identify with. tennis is a luxury sport, typically, requiring that you both have significant disposable income and significant disposable time. football takes a few friends and you can go play touch. anyone can throw a baseball around for 20 minutes. you can play basketball by yourself for free nearly anywhere.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:59 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like tennis much unless Sharapova is playing.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination
tennis was always boring imo.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
sampras and agassi were a two man show if i remember correctly. that didn't stop tennis from being popular then.

the bigger problem is that it's not a sport most people can identify with. tennis is a luxury sport, typically, requiring that you both have significant disposable income and significant disposable time. football takes a few friends and you can go play touch. anyone can throw a baseball around for 20 minutes. you can play basketball by yourself for free nearly anywhere.
how come so many more ppl play golf then?

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***********
Quote:

One reason is that people of all ages and athletic levels can play golf. Also, it's more of a social sport.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hah go to Wal-Mart and get a racket for 15 bucks and go to the nearest local tennis facility. Me and my friends play all the time and we are pretty cheap.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***********
Quote:

One reason is that people of all ages and athletic levels can play golf. Also, it's more of a social sport.
but still....see bold above

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:12 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love playing tennis...i play a couple times a week. watching tennis, on the other end, gets a little boring...i don't mind having it on in the backround, but i'd never be able to watch a whole match.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Nerv

It doesnt take a lot of income to play tennis at all. You probaly all live within 15 minutes of at least 3 public tennis courts, buy a racket and a set of balls and get one person and youre set.

The reason it isnt as popular in the US anymore is because none of the US players are any good. Roddick can't even seem to make it to the semifinals in any major and nobody can really beat Federer off of clay anyways.

If youre going to watch tennis you might as well wait for some hot chicks to be on :D
Old 07-07-2006, 03:21 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
It doesnt take a lot of income to play tennis at all. You probaly all live within 15 minutes of at least 3 public tennis courts, buy a racket and a set of balls and get one person and youre set.

The reason it isnt as popular in the US anymore is because none of the US players are any good. Roddick can't even seem to make it to the semifinals in any major and nobody can really beat Federer off of clay anyways.

If youre going to watch tennis you might as well wait for some hot chicks to be on :D
BS. to be any good at tennis, you have to devote a fair amount of time to it. it's like figure skating: to be any good, you go through years of lessons and coaches and etc. sure, anyone can play tennis for six bucks. but you'll spend the first 5 years of it hitting the ball into the net, off the court, or being completely unable to even vaguely emulate anything you see on TV.

as to the other argument, golf is nothing like tennis. what do most people do when they go play golf? hack at the ball, drink a lot of beer, lose balls. it costs me about 25$ to go play a round of an exceptionally low impact "sport" wherein i get to drink a lot of beer with some buddies. try drinking a six pack and playing tennis for 6 hours.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv

BS. to be any good at tennis, you have to devote a fair amount of time to it. it's like figure skating: to be any good, you go through years of lessons and coaches and etc. sure, anyone can play tennis for six bucks. but you'll spend the first 5 years of it hitting the ball into the net, off the court, or being completely unable to even vaguely emulate anything you see on TV.

as to the other argument, golf is nothing like tennis. what do most people do when they go play golf? hack at the ball, drink a lot of beer, lose balls. it costs me about 25$ to go play a round of an exceptionally low impact "sport" wherein i get to drink a lot of beer with some buddies. try drinking a six pack and playing tennis for 6 hours.
If your an athletic person and play on a regular basis it doesn't take very long at all to become decent. My biggest problem with Tennis is endurance.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D
If your an athletic person and play on a regular basis it doesn't take very long at all to become decent. My biggest problem with Tennis is endurance.
keep in mind that the vast majority of americans are NOT good athletes.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D
keep in mind that the vast majority of americans are NOT good athletes.
Hahahaha yea.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2006, 03:45 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Just like i said, some T&A
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu

female is better then male tennis
Old 07-07-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

I agree with u 4.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

awwwe, i tought the title said "mario tennis" and i was like "i love that game, i just rented it for gamecube!!!" (which i did)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it a good thing that we have a defining rivalry in Tennis FINALLY? Roddick is an overrated sack of ****, so he shouldn't be mentioned with the likes of Nadal and Federer. They are the best in the sport and it's good for Tennis with this kind of rivalry.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote