Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-09-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Boston Celtics Thread

Please tell me I'm not the only one who still cares/watches basketball..
Anyway, we have a Red Sox thread, and I love my C's despite our current situation. Anyway...
Doc Rivers offered an extension
I love it. It's not Doc's fault that we are as bad as we are...we can blame that on Danny Ainge. He has done a great job of developing Al Jefferson and Delonte West, even though it seemed slow at first...he did it the right way.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 04-09-2007 at 12:39 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think they just didn't want him to go into a lame duck season.

If we don't get the #1 or #2 pick out of all this, I am going to be pissed. I guess Al Horford would be the guy I want if we can't get Oden or Durant...
Old 04-09-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's what sucks about the NBA. If you don't get one of the top picks(which is luck) then your stuck. Oden would really be the best fit, but we're probably going to have to get lucky to get him. Durrant makes sense as well, but that puts the future of Gerald Green in doubt.
Anyway...I'm not sold on us picking Horford. He's too short to play center in the NBA, and Al Jefferson is going to be the man at power forward. I would look at Hibbert should he come out, since Perkins is looking like a second line guy, and a defensive presence in the middle would probably give us another 5 games next year. Thabeet wouldn't be bad either....he has more upside than Roy, but the drop off in terms of offenses isn't enough to warrant the defensive upside...but hopefully none of this matters and we get Oden or Durrant :).
Anyway, we're playing Atlanta tomorrow. It's a winable game, unfortunately. This is going to be telling week, in terms of our stance on the draft. After the Hawks, we play the 76'ers, and the Bucks. If we can go 0-3, we'll be in very good shape, with Charlotte winning against Miami last night.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-09-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think they shut down Jefferson for the season. Same with Pierce. Nothing should be "winable" anymore haha...
Old 04-09-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have always been a Celts fan, but the best thing they can get out of this season is a top 2 pick. Hopefully we can get Oden/Durant and one of them would definitely improve Pierce, Al, Perk, Telfair, Gerrald Green, Delonte, Gomes, and the rest of the team (who return for '07-'08).

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I think they shut down Jefferson for the season. Same with Pierce. Nothing should be "winable" anymore haha...
Let's hope. Al is a BEAST though. I've seen every game this season. It's amazing how far he has come. Early in the year, he just wasn't in game shape. But now...man. No more of the lay it in stuff. He takes it up strong every time he can now. And he's benefited from it. Playing with Rondo next year will only make him better. It's been nice to see us run with him in.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-10-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

More ping pong balls. Gerald Green looked awesome tonight though. Kevinn Pinkney continues to surprise people too. Philly tomorrow at 7:30. They beat Indiana tonight. Both teams are coming off a back to back, but the 76'ers have a lot more to play for.
Oh, and Durrant entered the draft.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-11-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

im a huge fan of the C's but sad tough cause i never get to watch there games ive watched only 8 games this year including last night
Old 04-11-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992 View Post
im a huge fan of the C's but sad tough cause i never get to watch there games ive watched only 8 games this year including last night
Sorry to hear that :(
Anyway, we currently have a 38% chance of landing one of the top two picks. Not as high as I'm sure we would all like, but come on. This is the Celtics. The basketball gods and ping pong ball gods MUST care a bit. It won't be fair if something good doesn't happen this draft. Not after the Tim Duncan thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-12-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Loss to the 76'ers 102-94.
Very important game as far as the lottery goes tomorrow night. Milwaukee Bucs, who have lost four straight, including a 104-98 loss the the Pacers last night that would have really helped us out if they won. Someones streak will end tomorrow night.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-18-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Well, it's over. Even though it was a bad year, this will end up being good for us. As Tommy said, we're still young....but now we're experienced. Look out Atlantic in 2008. We're coming for you. Tommy, go bring us back Greg Oden.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-18-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get screwed out of a top 2 pick I don't know what I'm gonna do. I detest the lottery system in general, especially after seeing it screw over the Celtics back when we should've got Duncan in '97.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-18-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Riotmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
If we get screwed out of a top 2 pick I don't know what I'm gonna do. I detest the lottery system in general, especially after seeing it screw over the Celtics back when we should've got Duncan in '97.
Some lotteries are rigged. The one with Duncan definitely was. David Robinson was a great player and one of if not the most respected player in the league, but he couldnt win a championship by himself. The one year the Spurs dont make the playoffs, and Robinson goes out for the final 10 games of the year due to injury, and they win? Think about it.

Also look at Cleveland winning the lottery for Lebron, they had no one for a real long time and needed a fanbase, plus with Lebron coming right out of the area it's real good for the media.

The only way Boston doesnt get a top 2 pick is if Stern is real mad about Ainge talking to Durant or whatever he did. They're one of the most marketable teams in the league in a huge market, they need this. Similar to the 76ers, but unfortunately for the fan base and themselves (myself included) they decided to be dumbasses and let guys like Joe Smith and Willie Green win games this year when they have no future with the team. If the 76ers had a bottom 4 record, them and the Celtics would have had the top 2 picks. They used to be a huge rivalry, what would it be like with Oden vs Durant?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
We need Oden. If for no other reason than to get Perk off the court. It will be very bad if we don't get a top 2 pick....but we can live with it. We're very talented. Anyone who watched the team this year knows it. With Paul, Wally, Al, and Tony Allen healthy next year, we should be at or near the top of the Atlantic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-18-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotmaker View Post
Some lotteries are rigged. The one with Duncan definitely was. David Robinson was a great player and one of if not the most respected player in the league, but he couldnt win a championship by himself. The one year the Spurs dont make the playoffs, and Robinson goes out for the final 10 games of the year due to injury, and they win? Think about it.

Also look at Cleveland winning the lottery for Lebron, they had no one for a real long time and needed a fanbase, plus with Lebron coming right out of the area it's real good for the media.

The only way Boston doesnt get a top 2 pick is if Stern is real mad about Ainge talking to Durant or whatever he did. They're one of the most marketable teams in the league in a huge market, they need this. Similar to the 76ers, but unfortunately for the fan base and themselves (myself included) they decided to be dumbasses and let guys like Joe Smith and Willie Green win games this year when they have no future with the team. If the 76ers had a bottom 4 record, them and the Celtics would have had the top 2 picks. They used to be a huge rivalry, what would it be like with Oden vs Durant?
There might be some truth to that. And if there is, David Stern is even worse as a commissioner than I thought he was. Still, just have to hope we get lucky. 38.9% of getting either Oden or Durrant.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-18-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Riotmaker

It doesnt make Stern a bad commissioner, it's better for revenue and things like that. You throw Greg Oden or Kevin Durant on the Celtics or any other big market team, it's a huge deal. You put either on the Bucks, you'll never hear from them again. People outside of Wisconsin couldnt care less about the Bucks, and even then they arent even held in the same breath as the Packers, Brewers and the University of Wisconsin. In Boston people still care about the Celtics, even with the Red Sox and the Patriots and that. There's a long storied history with the Celtics.

I agree on the point that Stern isnt a good commissioner. I dont understand why he tried making a new ball either. Whats the point?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We need Oden. If for no other reason than to get Perk off the court. It will be very bad if we don't get a top 2 pick....but we can live with it. We're very talented. Anyone who watched the team this year knows it. With Paul, Wally, Al, and Tony Allen healthy next year, we should be at or near the top of the Atlantic.
I absolutely agree with you. We have immense talent all over the court, we just need a dominating big man. I really believe the addition of Oden would improve everyone on the Celitcs, especially Big Al and Perk (if we keep both of them). Pierce is a star, we have a bunch of solid players like Gomes, Delonte, Rondo, and Tony Allen; and we also have some top-tier talents who are developing like Gerald Green, Big Al, Perk, and Telfair. Imagine if all of those guys hit their potential, then throw Oden in their? That would be a very good, young team.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-19-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you. We have immense talent all over the court, we just need a dominating big man. I really believe the addition of Oden would improve everyone on the Celitcs, especially Big Al and Perk (if we keep both of them). Pierce is a star, we have a bunch of solid players like Gomes, Delonte, Rondo, and Tony Allen; and we also have some top-tier talents who are developing like Gerald Green, Big Al, Perk, and Telfair. Imagine if all of those guys hit their potential, then throw Oden in their? That would be a very good, young team.
If all of them were to maxout at the same time, we would win the East. But some of them may never max out.
But Oden and Al would be....I'm not sure if I even have words to describe how good that would be. We would have two 20/10 guys(Oden might not get 20 right away, but his 15 should hold) going into their primes together. If Al continues to get better, I'm not sure if a team ever had two young big men of their caliber.
As for the rest of the guys, Gomes is great. It's amazing how much he's expanded his game. I remember last year when he started playing....and you look at him now...and he's just so much better. He came into the league without a jumper, and no range. And while I don't want to see Ryan Gomes taking 3's all that often, still, it's just another thing we have should be need it. As for Delonte, I'm not as high on him as some people seem to be. He's not a great shooter(although he's very good) nor a point guard. On a championship caliber team, he's probably a very good 6th man. Rondo is a guy I like a lot. He's the best thing that happened to us this season besides Al becoming a beast. We're built to run. Paul, Al, Delonte, and Gerald all would benefit from us running. And that's Rondo's game. If he can do that and play great on-ball defense, Tommy said he would be an Allstar, and believe every word that's ever come out of Tom Heinsohn's mouth. Tony Allen played great in November and early December, but he has yet to prove he can stay healthy for an entire season. If he can, we have a lock down defender with a plus offensive game. Gerald was another major plus this year. He was better than I expected him to be. One thing that he really showed was his ability as a shooter. Even though he was a bit streaky, when he was on, he was deadly. He has all the talent in the world, and if he keeps working on his game, he'll be a star. All of that, and that's not even getting into the great things we've seen out of Leon Powe and Allen Ray down the stretch.
Having said all that, one thing that worries me is that we may be a bit to talented. Everywhere you look we have young players. But how does all of that fit into a playoff run? We're talented...and as a core, I think we have a great bunch of guys...but will they accept and embrace their roles? Will Delonte be comfortable if he gets pushed to the bench because of Rondo? Will Paul Peirce mind sharing some shots with Gerald Green? Where does Szczerbiak fit into all of this? Wheres the best place for Tony Allen? After all, he only started playing well when he was starting. What are we going to do with Telfair? But these are good problems to have. Still, it's something to think about. Anyway...
May 22 is going to be a huge day for us. Assuming the Basketball God's(David Stern)smile on us, and we get Oden or Durrant, the team next year could take two very different looks. I'll type up some early projected lineups tomorrow, and get into what we would look like as a team....and most importantly...the record I think we would end up with.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

if we dont get a top 2 pick ill be mad but i could live with it. as long as we stay in the top 4 im happy cause i would love to get in this order

1. Greg Oden
2. Kevin Durant
3. Al Horford
4. Julian Wright
Old 04-20-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really love everything Paul has done with the team and all. But if we get the second pick overall and Oden is gone like he should be, the chocie is Durant. Now with adding Durant and he will be playing SF that not only kicks someone out of the lineup but should be traded. I think that they should keep Green, hes really developed this year. Remmber if he was in college he would be going into his junoir year so hes still very young. Although i love Green I dont think he can be the Paul Pierce (20 points a game. big time scorer) but can be a solid SF/SG. So i think Pierce has to go, trade him for a solid center, or a draft pick.

Draft Durant
Trade Pierce for a Center

Lineup
PG: Rondo
SG: Green
SF: Durant
PF: Big Al
C: (For Pierce)

And the bench is solid led by West and Perk

If and when Danny gets a lineup like this you keep it. No more trading or siging ree agents to clog up playing time for the youngsters. These starters have a lot of potential and could turn into Detroit if he keeps it.
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm not sure I would trade Peirce that easily. If we can get a mega deal for him, sure, but that's taking a step back. Basically, we would be handing the franchise to a kid who might never live up to the billing..
Anyway, Telfair pulled a Pacman today. We need to get rid of him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-21-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Ya but I think Durant can be an instance impact player. And Im predicting that Big Al progress again and becomes a franchise player.
Also that would be Doc's dream team i believe. Not Paul and 4 other guys. 5 player who can all score and 3 players that can really run the fastbreak that Rivers dreams about.

I no that the Telifar trade was a salary dumper but comeon. We had a chance to get Brandon Roy or Randy Foye. Both players had an instant impact this year and we wouldnt have lost as many games as we did. We basicly dumped salary and got a 3rd string pg instead of a future all star guard for a long time.

Pray for number 1 or 2. Or you watch another losing season, not the second worst team in the league like last year but not sucessful
Old 04-21-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Also I dont think Durant and Big Al can score to their potental with Paul on the floor with them.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Riotmaker

Just on the Lottery being fixed topic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TgJE7C5wiU

Pretty strong evidence there.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I agree with you about Al, but I'm still just not sold on trading Paul. I agree that it will never be Doc's team with Paul around, but that's because he's been our franchise player. While it's probably to late to get Oden or Durrant and hope on Paul carrying us to a championship, he's still the difference in games. Trading him could be disastrous, and have us right back in the lottery next year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau