Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-09-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Birds Add Harrington to Back Up Vick.....

Falcons just signed Joey Harrington to a 2 yr deal to back-up Vick.
Guess the Competition is for the 3rd QB position now between Shockley and Redman. What you guys think about this acquisition?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2830712

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like it. It's a lot better than anyone else out there, Jay Fiedler, Anthony Wright, for example. It also saves the team a draft pick. I think this signing spells the end of DJ Shockley's spot on the roster. Redman will be the 3rd QB, whose main role is helping to 'install' Petrino's offense.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This was great by our team and it makes me very happy. I really do hope that Shockley loses out on the 3rd QB spot.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw this news, I'm kind of unhappy, DJ Shockley is one of my favorite players on the Falcons, I wanted to see him get the primary backup spot.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why would you root agianst some on the team you cheer for ?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd root for him if he ever saw the field, but he was awful, is awful, and I hope that he'd never see the field. He wasn't even the better of the two QBs in preseason.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when was he awful ? Not preseason because he played good. He lead the team to a game winning drive in his ever game.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

He didn't do that at all. Youngblood saved his butt with an incredible catch on a VERY poorly thrown ball. Youngblood saved an interception on that play and put us in position to kick that field goal to win it. Shockley couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at the Senior Bowl, and in pre-season he really had good poise, but his accuracy is pitiful. There's a reason Harrington was brought in, and there's a reason Shockley will be either on the PS here or somewhere else.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Nice pickup. Harrington is a solid backup which is important when Vick is your quarterback because of his tendency to get hurt.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote