Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Whos Best???
Cadallic Williams 29 25.89%
Ronnie Brown 68 60.71%
Brandon Jacobs 15 13.39%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

larry johnsons poops on all three
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
larry johnsons poops on mee
Sorry, I just had to......

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
CrackerJack465
Rookie

CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.

I think people underestimate brandon jacobs speed. He can get outside in a hurry.

Combine results from nfl.com
He runs 4.54, lets compare that to the other 3 backs.

Cedric Benson runs a 4.56 - had to use pro day results since he didnt run at combine, so he would prob be more at combine.
Caddilac Williams runs a 4.5
Ronnie Brown runs a 4.43
Now, hes faster then Cedric Benson and not far off from Cadilac whos what, 40 pounds less?

Brandon Jacobs is also working with Tiki's trainer, who Tiki used the year before he broke out for 1500 yards and the past 3 years.

Lets make this thread again 9 months from now.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EXACTLY MY POINT. For now he is as established as Marcell Shipp.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
EXACTLY MY POINT. For now he is as established as Marcell Shipp.
Who is? Jacobs?

Bad comparison. Shipp has been in the league and did not show the promise that Jacobs has early in his career. A better comparison would be to say that he is as established as Cedric Benson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Who is? Jacobs?

Bad comparison. Shipp has been in the league and did not show the promise that Jacobs has early in his career. A better comparison would be to say that he is as established as Cedric Benson.
Meh. Benson was a top 5 pick for a reason.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I was being facetious.

Give me Cedric ANYDAY OF THE WEEK. Don't get me started I'll be writing 5 page essays reasoning why Cedric is BETTEr, has more PROMISE.

They are similar right now in how established they are right now. THATS IT
Quote:
Old 04-11-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I was being facetious.

Give me Cedric ANYDAY OF THE WEEK. Don't get me started I'll be writing 5 page essays reasoning why Cedric is BETTEr, has more PROMISE.

They are similar right now in how established they are right now. THATS IT
I was just using your own words to help you realize that the Marcel Shipp comment was a little much.

For the record, I like Benson the most out of that class.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-11-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Went with Ronnie, I think he needs an offensive line though. He ran for about 6 ypc behind Carey and then on the left side like under 3 ypc. Shows how poor our left side of the offensive line was last year. Also add in that we have no pass attack threat as well.

If miami can get a good left tackle and left guard Ronnie should have a break out year. (big if it seems though)
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i honestly cant believe this is still going on

of course miami fans willl vote for Ronnie- i honestly think he's the best RIGHT NOW
benson and jacobs havent proved anything in the NFL, both have been backups both years in the league, and both have a shot to prove themselves this year.

Giants fans, we know jacobs isnt JUST a short yardage back, and Bears fans, yea we know Benson was a top 5 pick, but so was Ryan Leaf. Wait till these guys have a chance to start at least one year
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not sure any of the 4 will have huge careers, Benson, Caddy, and Brown have all had injuries that held them out games in their first two years. So how can any team count on them to be there?

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Methinks the better poll would be:

Who is the biggest homer on NFLDC

a. TNewFan41
b. GiantRutgersFan
c. the field

At least that one would be up for debate.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
im not sure any of the 4 will have huge careers, Benson, Caddy, and Brown have all had injuries that held them out games in their first two years. So how can any team count on them to be there?
Jacobs didn't have injuries, he had Tiki Barber syndrome. Cadillac played 14 games in both seasons so it's not like they were serious injuries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
That is actually a very good post, and I don't wanna hear this trash that Jacobs is a great breakaway runner because of a 4.5 40 please, Jacobs is a good back no doubt but he hardly scares me like the other 2 backs in this poll.
I never said he was a breakaway runner, I said he's not as slow as people think. It doesn't matter if he scares you; he scares the other defense.

Now I think Ronnie Brown is the best, which might change by the end of next season, but I think a lot of people are underrating Brandon Jacobs.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I think Giant's fans are over rating Brandon Jacobs.
Quote:
Old 04-11-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Some are.

Some are underrating him.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
Went with Ronnie, I think he needs an offensive line though. He ran for about 6 ypc behind Carey and then on the left side like under 3 ypc. Shows how poor our left side of the offensive line was last year. Also add in that we have no pass attack threat as well.

If miami can get a good left tackle and left guard Ronnie should have a break out year. (big if it seems though)
that is .. if mueller trades ricky williams or the nfl doesnt approve his return.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Gi-15
Rookie

Gi-15 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tre Smith lol.
Gi-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Some are.

Some are underrating him.
lol.

ten characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
lol.

ten characters
? .
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-13-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
? .
QuotedForTruth

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
QuotedForTruth
Still not understanding.

I was saying that some are overrating him, and some are underrating him.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED