Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-09-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Pocket hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default The Detroit Red Wings Discussion Thread

I don't know how many of you guys watch the Wings, or how many of you care about the Wings, but there is a thread for the Pistons, so now I made one for the Wings...

Anyway, I've heard some rumors that say Bertuzzi and Zetterberg might not play in the first game, but I have also heard they both will play. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

But the worst news of all, is I have to work on Thursday night... the night of the first game... :(
Old 04-09-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I am very confident because we have Hasek between the pipes. It is gonna blow not having Kronwall for the run and possibly Zets/Bertuzzi for a little while. I do think Calder will be perfect for the playoffs. Robert Lang and No-Show Datsyuk HAVE to have big playoffs.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:45 AM    (permalink
DeMonikk1
Rookie

DeMonikk1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's time Datsyuk shows up for a playoff series..and as long as hasek can stay healthy, this could be a very good year..
DeMonikk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm saying Red Wings in 6.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wings in 5... they'll lose game 3.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got the Wings in 6. I think Bertuzzi will have a good series. I've actually heard he will be healthy for every game, but I guess we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Wings in 5 would be perfect since I just bought Playoff tickets to game 5 at the Joe :p

Calgary will be very tough at home, I am guessing Wings in 6
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's my reasoning for Wings in 6. Calgary has been very tough at home this year, but awful on the road.

Quote:

Old 04-10-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
DeMonikk1
Rookie

DeMonikk1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Calgary may stretch them to 7 games..but the Wings will prevail..at least I hope they do..
DeMonikk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

What an absolute beat down. Iginla is getting up there for my most hated players. The dude chirps and cheap shots and then doesn't get a shot. Shut the hell up and go back to your loser dressing room. What a clown. Hasek wants to hoist that trophy. It isn't gonna be easy to beat this guy in the playoffs. Great first game for our Wings.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

thank god someone started this thread, i've been tempted but i thought id wait it out.

Wings in 5 over Flames

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Detroit looked like they were on a mission tonight. Great way to start the playoffs.

Quote:

Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That scrum at the end was wild. I love how Markov came in a piled on top.

Anyone see how Brad Stuart was manhandling the linesman trying to get at Cleary? He must have shoved the linesman in the back 7-8 times. I can't believe the linesman didn't take a swing himself, lol.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Bootland27
Rookie

Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbs24 View Post
What an absolute beat down. Iginla is getting up there for my most hated players. The dude chirps and cheap shots and then doesn't get a shot. Shut the hell up and go back to your loser dressing room. What a clown. Hasek wants to hoist that trophy. It isn't gonna be easy to beat this guy in the playoffs. Great first game for our Wings.
no kiddin, start gooning it up once they realize they're gonna lose. Typical of calgary, What a bunch of b!tches

Last edited by Bootland27 : 04-12-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Bootland27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is gonna be a good series and we're only gonna egt better with hank returning to game form and bert comin back but i hope they put bert with hank and pavel a little bit so it stops players going after guys after the whistle
Old 04-13-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Icon

I didnt watch the end of it so I missed the scrum, Im unhappy with myself about that!

And hey, Datsyuk had a good game and got a goal, that is a BIG positive. I am hoping Bertuzzi is back soon so he can get teamed with Pavel & Henrik so he can go after some guys who try to screw with our stars.

Also in a hockey related note, making his United States debut for NBC hockey analyst Don Cherry will be teaming with Brett Hull to either call some games or do the between periods stuff. Cherry is the best hockey personality there is it will be good to see him on US TV. He has been doing Hockey Night in Canada for 25 years on CBC.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
this is gonna be a good series and we're only gonna egt better with hank returning to game form and bert comin back but i hope they put bert with hank and pavel a little bit so it stops players going after guys after the whistle
Todd with those 2 would be a big help. Both his style of play and his demeanor. I think you would see both Hank and Dats get a little more chippy knowing they have that monster on the line with him. It would stop Iginla and Conroy from giving cheap shots to star players. Iginla wanted to fight and I think if Todd was in, he would have went with him.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I guarantee if Todd was there, he and Iginla would have danced. I'm also something of a Vancouver fan(I know, 2 teams in the same conference is stupid) and Bert always stood up for his teammates. I know he gets a bad rap, but I've always like his style of play. I'm looking forward to getting him back. It just gives us another dimension out there.

Quote:

Old 04-13-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but at the same time homstrom works so well witht htose two it would be hard to break that line up so it depends if bert can give that line the saame thing as holmstrom
Old 04-14-2007, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Icon

I dont want to discount what Homer does as Im a huge fan of his for a good decade, but I think Todd can be just as effective standing in front of the goalie and being a pain in the ass to the other team. I think a healthy Bertuzzi is a better version of Homer.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Bert should be back today . . . what do you think should be the line combinations? And one forward has to sit out . . . who's it gonna be?

The Lines I'd like to see:
Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Franzen
Calder - Lang - Filppula
Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Hudler sits out (but what a tough call it is . . . Samuelsson is probably the other option)

I think that more evenly distributes our scoring. We have our super checking line in Drapes, Malts, and Cleary. I don't like having Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line . . . spread around the playmakers. Have them kill penalties and play 4-on-4 together, but not on the same line. I like having Filppula on Lang's line so he can take the faceoffs. Lang is terrible at them (won 3, lost 12 in game one).

Thoughts?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Bert should be back today . . . what do you think should be the line combinations? And one forward has to sit out . . . who's it gonna be?

The Lines I'd like to see:
Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Franzen
Calder - Lang - Filppula
Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Hudler sits out (but what a tough call it is . . . Samuelsson is probably the other option)

I think that more evenly distributes our scoring. We have our super checking line in Drapes, Malts, and Cleary. I don't like having Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line . . . spread around the playmakers. Have them kill penalties and play 4-on-4 together, but not on the same line. I like having Filppula on Lang's line so he can take the faceoffs. Lang is terrible at them (won 3, lost 12 in game one).

Thoughts?

They posted on espn that Bertuzzi isn't playing today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ory?id=2837435

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtfan92 View Post
They posted on espn that Bertuzzi isn't playing today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ory?id=2837435
Damn . . . there goes my line combinations, lol

Oh well, I would rather not risk further injury to Bertuzzi anyways . . . let's hope for Game 3.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oh man that was a fast goal 1-0 WINGS!!

Edit: 2-0 wings this is going to be over quick.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI

Last edited by holtfan92 : 04-15-2007 at 12:26 PM.
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

it should have been over quick i wish they got another one durin all that powerplay time they had in the first but the flames have really turned this around right now it isn't looking as good