Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
And I'm sure by continually getting in trouble he hasn't been complying with those certain conditions. Thats just my guess.
very possible. I dont know what his conditions were though. I know that after the Vegas incident he said he didnt think he had done anything to violate whatever his conditions were. Whether thats true or not, I dont know. For instance though, I have the conditions right now that I need to not be charged with any felonies or any violent or drug-related crimes for a period of time. But this would mean I could get a DUI or a public intoxication as well as some other things and not be in violation of my conditions. Id still be facing a new case, but I wouldnt be in violation of my current case and the charges would still be dropped.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pac-Man got into a bar-fight his senior year at WVU, which resulted in him being suspended for a game. That was the biggest character concern in regards to him.

I would like to note that the suspensions that were handed down were given according to the OLD conduct policy, not the NEW conduct policy. According to the NEW policy, you can't protest the ruling--- you can only try to shorten it. With the OLD policy, you can try and get it thrown out in court after asking the assistance of the NFLPA.

This means that they aren't breaking any unsaid rules by going back and persecuting the players with new rules. The new policy is being established after these suspensions.

Last edited by JT Jag : 04-10-2007 at 03:39 PM.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think he should have cut both suspensions in half.

henry has been punished before, by both the team and the NFL
\
pacman just is in the wrong place too much, and i dont think it could be a coincidence, but he has got arrested alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Titans fan, this news is bitter sweet. We've lost our best defensive player who plays a position that we already have a need at. But, if it will help in the long run and help Pac to get his act together, then it can be beneficial. I'd rather lose Pac for a year(Hopefully just 10 weeks, if he can get reinstated), and then have a him for the next 3 years without incident.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have Pacman's back, once a fan, alway a fan...

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
i think he should have cut both suspensions in half.

henry has been punished before, by both the team and the NFL
\
pacman just is in the wrong place too much, and i dont think it could be a coincidence, but he has got arrested alot.
Yeah I think both suspensions should be cut in half, that would be very fair IMO
Old 04-10-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its funny that if 99% of people in the working world did half of what Pac Man and Henry do they would more than likely be fired from their job...yet they are only suspended...so personally I don't really feel bad for either of them because they are lucky being good at sports >>> being any other profession in the world
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Yeah but plea bargains are generally for more severe crimes, felonies and the such. Pac-Mans charges have been more minor so he likely got cut a deal where he doesnt get convicted of anything as long as he complies with certain conditions.
Yes, it's called Conditional discharge. He may have been given Absolute discharge, which has no conditions.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt bet on Pacman being as good as he is now after taking a complete season off.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

If the Titans make the playoffs, does Pac-Man get to play?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great quote by Goodell...

"It is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right,"

I can only hope that in coming seasons that matters like the stuff Jones and Henry get into are taken just as hard by Goodell
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I think its funny that if 99% of people in the working world did half of what Pac Man and Henry do they would more than likely be fired from their job...yet they are only suspended...so personally I don't really feel bad for either of them because they are lucky being good at sports >>> being any other profession in the world
Thats assuming that your employer would find out, if your not a professional athlete any arrests aren't plastered all over the news.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wonder that the fact they were WVA teammates will reflect anything on the school? and the fact they just signed Noel Divine couple weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if PacMan is terrible for the league, I absolutely hate this move. If only they could let him play and not pay him. God I love Pacman.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i wonder that the fact they were WVA teammates will reflect anything on the school? and the fact they just signed Noel Divine couple weeks ago
And hired Bob Huggins...

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10 View Post
This is bulllshit, he hasnt been convicted of anything yet, how can he be suspended?

Innocent until proven guilty
Employment at Will Doctrine my friend. Innocence and proof of guilt make no difference when it comes to employment. Like I've said before, if this were a standard job like most Americans have he would have been unemployed after his first arrest, no matter what the courts decide at a later date.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From rotoworld:

Quote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Pacman Jones can be reinstated by the NFL after the tenth game of the 2007 season if he meets five requirements laid out by commissioner Roger Goodell.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think this is great. Although Henry should have gotten the season suspension also. I think it would be great also if they mess up again, that then they are banned from the league. It will send a message that the NFL is about having class. This isn't the NBA where you can be a thug and play.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good, finally time to crack down. ZERO.... ZERO... tolerence

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBOY View Post
I think this is great. Although Henry should have gotten the season suspension also. I think it would be great also if they mess up again, that then they are banned from the league. It will send a message that the NFL is about having class. This isn't the NBA where you can be a thug and play.
well, a year would have been too harsh seeing he has already been suspeded 3 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really like the fact that this commissioner has taken it upon himself to say, I don't care what the courts have done or not done or whether you're guilty or innocent in court, you've brought bad light and bad pub to our lerague by your actions or by being in the wrong place at the wrong time and now you'll pay a price. Maybe this will get guys out of bars when fights break out rather than leaving us wonder if they or their posse was involved. I know for Henry and Pacman, it's time to grow up or go back to school and learn an occupation.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
From rotoworld:
He explained on ESPN that the qualifications for such are very unlikely to be met. Not only must all of the qualifications be met, one of the qualifications is exoneration of his pending charges.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

jagsfreak27 needs more cowbell.

I hate Pacman Jones morw than life itself but a year ban is crazy.

Jags:8-8
Duke B-Ball:22-10
Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
jagsfreak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfreak27 View Post
I hate Pacman Jones morw than life itself but a year ban is crazy.
"This week, on 'When Two Cliches Collide'..."

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe he should donate his talent. This guy has all the talent in the world and he lucky to have it but he goes and acks like a fool.