Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if anything is going to happen to Tank Johnson now.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans Fans, you should be happy. Yeah i know you spent a first on him, but thats in the past... You cant think about that

You are the winner in this case, either you get rid of the most troubled player on your franchise, or you keep his rights for next year and have a nice chance he turns aroud after not being payed for a full year.

Anyways, its good news for you guys, because there was a very high chance that this guy was going to end up dead in a gutter somewhere. its really a shame too... Guys who make a difference like Darrent get whacked, while guys like Pac Man go out and party and not give a **** and think they own the world. I respect Goddell's decision, and wish Pac Man luck turning his life around.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was cool with whatever they decided to give him, but a little surprised they actually went through with the full season suspension. I woulda put money down on about 6-10 games, but whatever. It needed to be done. Hopefully it's a wake-up call for him and he matures. The only thing I fear is that he now has alot of free time without football to occupy his time. Hope he doesn't get in more trouble during this time....then again you'd have to be pretty damn stupid to get involved in another incident while serving suspension and having everything you do closely monitored.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfreak27 View Post
I hate Pacman Jones morw than life itself but a year ban is crazy.
what, you hate life? then die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NJX9, when was the last Giant arrested???? a long ass time ago...

Keith Hamilton for DUI in like 2002 or 2003 if i remember correctly
Old 04-10-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything to make Peyton's job in the AFC South a little easier eh?

....Yes I'm kidding. This is pretty unexpected really, I guess Goodell didn't buy the changed Pacman. It will be good for him in the long term to get this massive wake up call but he won't be a Titan again IMO. Traded next offseason for a 3rd or 4th or something.

What a shame, he was easily one of the top performing CB's last year on a poor defense. I honestly don't think more than a select few could have done as well on such a defense. Plus he was probably the most electrifying ST returner too - that Philly return was the NFL's best ST play of the year.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to read the beyond multiple pages of this, but for anyone that says...

"Well he hasn't been convicted of anything". (And I'm sure there's been a bunch).

You don't know what you're talking about. This isn't a political government, this isn't law, this is a business and the league and the union agreed upon this policy. The PLAYERS thought that both players should have been kicked out of the league. Doesn't that say something? Who exactly do they hurt by this? The majority of the fans overwhelmingly support it and the minority that don't aren't going to change their viewing habits because of it.

Goddell is actually making Tags look like a fool for letting players ruin the integrity of the game for this long. This isn't even under the new policy, this is just him actually enforcing the old one.

And before anyone goes there, I would fully support any decision made about Tank Johnson as well. It's so wildly hypocritical the way some Titans and Bengals fans have cried foul on this when they would likely support it if it were another team's player. I've heard Tank will likely get a 4 game, but if it's an 8, or even a full year, so be it. I'm sick and tired of these thugs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO this was a good job by Goodell. njx and baza pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter. It's about time the NFL starts cracking down on this crap because it's got to stop.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm sick and tired of these thugs.
thats the same way i feel about henry.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And you notice that the teams aren't crying foul here either, which is saying something.

Goodell isn't messing around anymore and I applaud him stepping up to the plate. I love this quote by Goodell:

"It's a privledge to play in the NFL, not a right." And it's about goddamn (pardon my french) time something is done about it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good he deserves to be suspended

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

Do you ever shut the **** up? All you do is take Eli Manning's overrated dick and suck on it like it's a ****ing nipple and you're a ****ing baby. You have the grammar skills of a blind chimp and make the same three posts all the time.

"Eli is great, you guys are idiots."
"Giants rule, you guys are idiots."
"That would never happen to a Giants player."

Do yourself a favor and ****ing leave. Nobody wants you around and you're about as useful as a naked woman at the Neverland Ranch.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Do you ever shut the **** up? All you do is take Eli Manning's overrated dick and suck on it like it's a ****ing nipple and you're a ****ing baby. You have the grammar skills of a blind chimp and make the same three posts all the time.

Do yourself a favor and ****ing leave. Nobody wants you around and you're about as useful as a naked woman at the Neverland Ranch.
mm. thats kinda what i think about you and vince young.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
mm. thats kinda what i think about you and vince young.
I don't think Young is creator of the universe like this guy is with Eli. I think Young is a good player and get's unfair criticisms from people who think that you have to stay in the pocket for all four quarters in order to be a good quarterback.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
I don't think Young is creator of the universe like this guy is with Eli. I think Young is a good player and get's unfair criticisms from people who think that you have to stay in the pocket for all four quarters in order to be a good quarterback.
no, but i belive you havre to complete more than 51 percent of your passes

but i give it to u, i laughed when i read it.

Quote:
who dey?

Last edited by Bengals1690 : 04-10-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Best Flame Ever
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
no, but i belive you havre to complete more than 51 percent of your passes
It was his first year and he had roughly six months to learn an offense with no weapons. He shows better leadership and maturity than any young quarterback in recent memory. If honestly think he wasn't impressive than I wonder what a guy has to do in order to impress you.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
It was his first year and he had roughly six months to learn an offense with no weapons. He shows better leadership and maturity than any young quarterback in recent memory. If honestly think he wasn't impressive than I wonder what a guy has to do in order to impress you.
leadership and maturity, yes.

i never said i wouldnt ive it to him. but you are on his ****.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

Actually David Tyree got arrested like two or three years ago with a bunch of pot in his car. Enough to be considered a dealer. But since has become a born again Christian and the complete model citizen. One bad incident turned his life around. I wish the same could be said for Pacman. Although I'm not sure why any of this is relevant.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Has Pacman even been convicted of anything yet? If he hasn't, how can the NFL suspend him? Doesn't make sense to me.

That said:

Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
And before anyone goes there, I would fully support any decision made about Tank Johnson as well. It's so wildly hypocritical the way some Titans and Bengals fans have cried foul on this when they would likely support it if it were another team's player. I've heard Tank will likely get a 4 game, but if it's an 8, or even a full year, so be it. I'm sick and tired of these thugs.
My problem with Henry's is the fact that he's essentially being punished a second time for the same incidents. Marvin Lewis has sat him at least 3 games by himself for off field stuff and the NFL has suspended him 2 (he ended up sitting out 4 in a row due to the incidents, the NFL just tacked on the last 2).

Yes, it's great he's taking a stand on this off field stuff but he's taking Henry and sitting him out half the season after he's been basically quiet the last year (minus the traffic violation). Basically Henry got suspended 12 games for something he did a year ago. 4 games I thought was reasonable (making it 8 games the league suspended him).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new commisioner wants to make it look like he has complete control of the situation and the league, but imagine how much more trouble Pacman could potentially get into without football in his life. Too harsh,
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think him keeping in line won't be enough now anyway, it may be too late. The terms for his reinstatement require no more negative interaction with police or the law system, and he has three pending cases - Vegas, Georgia, and the good behavior bond he'll break if either of those first two find him guilty of breaking the law. Right now he could do nothing but stay in home all day and attend court hearings and still break the guidelines.

He's up **** creek without a paddle with the winds of **** blowing him off course (gotta get a Jim Lahey reference in there somewhere ;)).
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

It wann't surprising. It's what he needed. He needs to time to reflect over what he did, try to improve as a person, and dump his friends who have helped to cost him one year of experience in the NFL.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
jdcdam1
Rookie

jdcdam1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotamus View Post
For those that said Pacman has never been convicted are dead wrong, to a degree. He has never been convicted by a jury, but he has pled guilty to a number of charges. That is why he is already on probation. He also violated NFL policy by not reporting two arrests. Also, under the "old" policy, the Commissioner still had the right to determine suspensions under the player conduct policy. The only difference is that Tagliabue did not enforce the rules strictly. Also, I have not heard that the NFL has actually changed any rules. This is not a new policy, just a new commissioner who is committed to enforcing the rules.

There was one incident, a misdemeanor like 2 years ago. Thats it. Never been convicted of anything since. I understand what Goddell is doing, but a couple of guys just got DUIs. This summer a few people got arrested, and last season some incidents happeded. If he doesnt punish them, then he's a hypocrite who only got Pacman for publicity points, that's it. I already believe he got the worse sentence rather than Henry cuz he's the most talked about, it had nothing to do with the behavior. Its just Goddell trying to win publicity points if he doesnt punish the others, especially if Tank doesnt get the Pacman treatment
jdcdam1 is offline   Reply With Quote